As its android m already.. it's a better version of Android system..
    But if we want to enjoy android fully.. we should get the updates of the os when they r released...

Can we be sure that we will get the updates there.. ?

Many mobiles of Samsung.. Micromax.. Lenovo.. karbonn...are not getting the updates to there phones even when they r running Android..
    Is priv one of them ?
    These os updates are also important..
    Google have two updates every year..

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 09:22 PM
    Since the Priv won't be available for at least another month, there's a good chance it will be released with Android M.
    09-28-15 09:30 PM
    I think they will. Remember that Chen wants to have it deployed in corporate environments and that means keeping devices up to date, so that the chance of vulnerabilities happening is lessened.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 09:36 PM
    It depends on Blackberry and how quickly they can release it. All OEMs get the software before the nexus release date but most take an age to get it released as they've all added too much of their of crap to it. Then they pass it onto the networks who then add their own crap to it.

Some like Motorola are as fast as the Nexus line. In fact the Moto X got 5.0 before the Nexus line.
    09-28-15 09:39 PM
    This is what keeps me from making this phone a slam dunk to purchase.

Will see tomorrow what the new Nexus 6P will look like, already known to run Andy M.
    09-28-15 10:11 PM
    Since the Priv won't be available for at least another month, there's a good chance it will be released with Android M.
    Even if it is not .. it should get the updates ..
    I dont want to hold the priv . . if google does not promise the updates to it ..
    BCZ everytime google updates they add many features to it .. and those features are awesome .. I would hate it to see them in other phones and not mine ..
    09-28-15 10:41 PM
    This is what keeps me from making this phone a slam dunk to purchase.

Will see tomorrow what the new Nexus 6P will look like, already known to run Andy M.
    That gives me the idea .. what if one day BB becomes the best android phone seller ..
    and google decides build Nexus by blackberry ...

oh God ..// that will be awesome ..
    09-28-15 10:43 PM
    It depends on Blackberry and how quickly they can release it. All OEMs get the software before the nexus release date but most take an age to get it released as they've all added too much of their of crap to it. Then they pass it onto the networks who then add their own crap to it.

Some like Motorola are as fast as the Nexus line. In fact the Moto X got 5.0 before the Nexus line.
    Now as BB is here .. I think if BB keeps making android phones for the next year .. in 2017 BB phones might have all updates on day they were released ..
    09-28-15 11:20 PM
    I think they will. Remember that Chen wants to have it deployed in corporate environments and that means keeping devices up to date, so that the chance of vulnerabilities happening is lessened.

Posted via CB10
    Well, yes and no. Don't forget the same "corporate environments" are also the same ones that still have Windows XP running up till the last minute of Extended Support, receiving security vulnerability patches only.
    09-28-15 11:30 PM
    Don't worry... xda guys will have something for us

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    Lawmen23 likes this.
    09-29-15 12:04 AM
    Hopefully blackberry does a good job pushing out those updates. I know Sony does a decent job pushing out updates for their Xperia line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    09-29-15 03:18 AM
    Don't worry... xda guys will have something for us

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    what is Xda?
    09-29-15 05:21 AM
    what is Xda?
    XDA is a forum for those who would like to tinker on their phones.

Posted via CB10
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    09-29-15 05:29 AM
    And it depends what the new android version brings.
    If it fixes a big security unveiled publicly, of course BB should try to push the update quickly.
    But for major android os updates that don't fix any big security issue, it might be best security-wise to keep the previous secure version until the new one has been tested/patched
    09-29-15 05:35 AM
    I think the answer to this question will attract android audience out there..
    Bcz they want something genuine in android..
    BlackBerry phones can become that and provide them the accurate phone they deserve..

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 12:39 PM