Stopped by the good ol Verizon Store to check out the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. I was ok with those devices, but then I saw the BlackBerry Priv,,, what a beautiful device. I was playing with it and fell in love with it. It looked and felt so nice and now I'm just doing my research on this phone. I'm also reading all info on the new BlackBerry /Android devices, but I just can't shake the Priv from my mind. I'm looking to get a new device soon and it looks like the Priv will be my choice..

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 08:53 PM
    Its a great phone...So say my young adults kids. They both have the priv and make a point to show other what they have.
    09-13-16 09:26 PM
    I hated it. With a passion. From the build quality, to the camera, to laggy UI, to the virtual keyboard. The touch screen keyboard was one of the worst I've ever tried. No where as fluid as an iPhone or Samsung. But when I installed Google keyboard on there it was beautiful. Also did I mention there was two stuck pixels on the display? I just returned the phone and went back to my beautiful Classic. Now I await for the Mercury

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 01:15 AM
    I hated it. With a passion. From the build quality, to the camera, to laggy UI, to the virtual keyboard. The touch screen keyboard was one of the worst I've ever tried. No where as fluid as an iPhone or Samsung. But when I installed Google keyboard on there it was beautiful. Also did I mention there was two stuck pixels on the display? I just returned the phone and went back to my beautiful Classic. Now I await for the Mercury

Posted via CB10
    Lemon squash edition...?

And did you ever try it on Marshmallow? :-)

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-14-16 01:19 AM
    Now, I wish Verizon Priv owner would chime in.....

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 Phone
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-16 01:50 AM
    BB10 rocks! Passport SE is one of a kind and beautiful!

  
    vovalarin likes this.
    09-14-16 03:55 AM
    Get it. I just did after having an s6 for 6 months. So glad I came back to BlackBerry

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-14-16 04:16 AM
    I've had the Priv since launch day and its a solid phone. I'm not a huge fan of the the type of keyboard that Blackberry went with here but overall I think its really nice. I never had any build quality issues.

One thing though OP, you are looking at a really bad update process through Verizon. I don't believe they have updated the Priv to Marshmallow yet and they are constantly way behind on the security updates.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-16 05:17 AM
    BB10 rocks! Passport SE is one of a kind and beautiful!

  
    Skipped the Haldol this morning?

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-14-16 02:26 PM
    Have the Priv since May of this year and absolutely love it. Mine has great build quality, not laggy at all, love both keyboards and battery life has improved with each update. It's absolutely gorgeous and I have received many compliments on the device. I bought mine from ShopBlackberry.

Posted via my Priv
    Bucky2016 and Bay 13 like this.
    09-14-16 06:10 PM
    To add to what I mentioned earlier, I have no regrets switching phones. I wanted to stay with BlackBerry but at the time I found the priv too pricey. I wish I would had just done it right the first time.

09-15-16 04:17 AM
    Stopped by the good ol Verizon Store to check out the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. I was ok with those devices, but then I saw the BlackBerry Priv,,, what a beautiful device. I was playing with it and fell in love with it. It looked and felt so nice and now I'm just doing my research on this phone. I'm also reading all info on the new BlackBerry /Android devices, but I just can't shake the Priv from my mind. I'm looking to get a new device soon and it looks like the Priv will be my choice..

Posted via CB10
    Verizon Priv owner chiming in....

I like the phone but am getting to the point of DETESTING the way Verizon is treating this phone and customers who own this phone.

A number of Verizon Priv owners have filed complaints with the FCC because Verizon has not offered any Security Updates since June while BB has released such updates in July, August and Sept. Verizon has replied to such complaints with a variety of stupid excuses but nothing factual. All or almost all other carriers have released these updates.

Next, again, while most other carriers have released Marshmallow for the Priv, Verizon has not done so. Again, a variety of awful excuses including that more or less "if the phone makes and receives calls" they don't have to offer anything!

So, while I like the Priv and mine is not a dog under Lollipop it is exposed to malware and I'm not happy about that.
    Bay 13 and zephyr613 like this.
    09-15-16 12:43 PM
    Now, I wish Verizon Priv owner would chime in.....

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 Phone
    Chiming in or rather CLANGING in with the sad tale of Verizon's treatment of Priv owners.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-15-16 12:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can't believe they had one in the store. Every store I have gone to didn't have it on display.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on PRIV
    09-16-16 05:20 AM
    The Priv is an awesome device on Marshmallow. Not so much on Lollipop. For this reason, I would recommend staying away from the Verizon Priv until they decide to actually provide their customers with the Marshmallow update. I would buy it from BlackBerry as an unlocked device.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    Skidoo583, Carmels and Bay 13 like this.
    09-16-16 11:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    I seriously doubt on your observation! Using since January and still like new, good launcher pkb and vkb at best

Posted via Priv
    09-16-16 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Methinks you got a dud because I have had none of the issues you reference

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    09-16-16 11:43 AM
    Now after my other post, I can say I've had mine since March and so far so good. If verizon would quit withholding updates it would be nice but a stated by another post it ain't a dog on lollipop. BlackBerry did bring updates to the palystore for the hub and such that until that point had only been available on marshmallow. Pinch to filter was a big one but the productivity tab pretty much does the same thing. At least until you actually get into the hub. I say get it. My mom has one now too and it seems to be working great. What I have noticed with hers is that her screen is a lot dimmer. Love the keyboards love the launcher. And glad BlackBerry built this phone

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    09-16-16 11:47 AM
    Hoping that with the "look" of the PRIV and the Keyboard, that the price drop on Verizon will lead to a lot more sales.....

If the belief that keyboard is really important to some users, it should happen. As I doubt most will really think about what version the OS is or if/when it will be updated. And the phone does have overall good reviews - if you stay away from CrackBerry.
    09-16-16 12:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is a Verizon store who still has the Private on display??

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 12:14 PM
    Is it considered a breach of contract if verizon withholds security updates? Can this be used as a reason to drop verizon if the priv lags behind so much?

Just wondering. No way I'd ever buy from verizon again.

Passport!
    09-16-16 01:08 PM
    Blackberry Priv is damn expensive to buy in Malaysia rm3400 approx us 880 original warranty and rm2400 approx us580 third party warranty ! Very hard to own the priv!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 06:35 PM
    Verizon Priv owner chiming in....

I like the phone but am getting to the point of DETESTING the way Verizon is treating this phone and customers who own this phone.

A number of Verizon Priv owners have filed complaints with the FCC because Verizon has not offered any Security Updates since June while BB has released such updates in July, August and Sept. Verizon has replied to such complaints with a variety of stupid excuses but nothing factual. All or almost all other carriers have released these updates.

Next, again, while most other carriers have released Marshmallow for the Priv, Verizon has not done so. Again, a variety of awful excuses including that more or less "if the phone makes and receives calls" they don't have to offer anything!

So, while I like the Priv and mine is not a dog under Lollipop it is exposed to malware and I'm not happy about that.
    That's because the number of PRIV users on Verizon is so small, the company has no urgency to push updates. I know, I am a BlackBerry user on T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 11:07 AM
    I have had a Priv since it was launched here in the US and have had nothing but good things to say about the device.

No build quality issues and I even gave my original one to my nephew and he loves it and I picked up a used factory unlocked one for a great price and I am switching between the Priv and my iPhone 7.
    09-17-16 05:41 PM
    The only phones I use is BlackBerry and BlackBerry. Passport and Priv. Don't have any issues with phones , but was upset when I spilt my latte on my Passport .So when my screen is light I see a cloud in the top right hand corner. Now I don't use my Passport as much as I would like to. Before I was using them 50/50 now Priv 85/15. To me the Passport is BlackBerry's best ever phone they ever made wish they would make Passport slider with Secutab software, that would be the ultimate for me.

09-18-16 05:35 PM
51 123