On my Android I got yesterday.:

Camera
    - no night mode option

Browser
    - when you have multiple tabs open and flipping through them will always refresh the page(which sucks)
    - cannot play videos in background
    - in BB10 you can long press a link and decide if you'd like to open it with a respective app.

No flashlight in quick pull down menu. If you get an app, it won't run in the background.

Screenshot
    - I guess since there are so many types of Android, it's different for others so I don't know how to take a screenshot

Text editing
    - the cursor IS much more user friendly on BB10
    - keyboard...can't comment as I'm fairly new so I'm struggling quite a bit.

Music player has no equalizer.

I really do miss the swipe up to minimize. Thankfully I still have my Classic for work. I just hate the camera on my Classic.

Don't get me wrong, there are things that I like about the Android, but BB10 really simplified the UI. I admit it isn't the prettiest, but that's what I was hoping for in future updates.

Posted via CB10
    Play music has an equalizer, I've used it on my tablet before.
    09-18-15 04:31 PM
    LG G Stylo.

I found out how to screenshot it.
    Im kinda getting used to it. I do miss the bb10 autocorrect of small words (teh = the; dont = don't; theres = there's; and such).

I prefer the keyboard on bb10 much better. I would love if the bb10 keyboard did display the numbers on the top at all times. There's no "del" function on the android as far as i know. I miss the flick keyboard.

I really do hate it when the tabs in my browser refreshes every time i leave the window. I hope bb keeps their own browser.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Did you find a decent flashlight app yet? Try this one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reek.ledwidget

Just set it as a widget on your screen and it should stay on even of the screen is off.

Also, this browser dolphin browser allows you to play YouTube vids in the background whole browsing other tabs.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...k.TunnyBrowser

There's also a lot of variety when it comes to keyboards. You can always use the stock Google keyboard

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utmethod.latin

I personally use swift keyboard.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...htype.swiftkey

Fleksy is good too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...leksy.keyboard

Hope this helps!

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or need help. Android can take a while to get use to but it's decent.

I also have some productivity apps if you're interested. Let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-19-15 12:26 AM
    When you need an app to have a torch feature then you know things went too far.
    09-19-15 06:41 AM
    We don't know that the Slider doesn't have this feature. I've seen a few Android phones over the years with a flashlight quick setting. Play music does not always allow the equalizer to be used. In fact I think they only allow it for certain phones. The LG music app on the stylo is actually stripped a bit. The keyboard sucks, but the custom keyboard Blackberry will likely implement will probably be much better. You have to remember that the Stylo was made a mid-tier niche device. The Slider is being made as a high-end flagship. The experience will likely be better.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 07:02 AM
    Can someone tell me more about the battery capacity for the Venice?

09-19-15 07:09 AM
    Can someone tell me more about the battery capacity for the Venice?

Two current rumours 3050 mAh and 3400 mAh.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 08:26 AM
    I disapprove of Google and be honest, running native apps on BlackBerry blows android away. The os itself just smokes android. Battery life on my androids SUCKED. Can BlackBerry make an android that has good battery, bb10 features and just all around make me forget it's an android? I doubt it. If they can do that and I HAVE to go back to android I'll look at the Venice. I'm already not happy about them making the screen bigger. Z30 is almost too big. Why do you care if people make fun of your BlackBerry? I swear a lot of people that frequent this site would complain if you hung em with a new rope. I hope BlackBerry makes enough money off this to keep making BlackBerry os phones in the future.

Posted via CB10
    i left my Z30 for a bigger screen. I guess the beauty is all in the eye of the beholder.
    09-19-15 08:42 AM
    We don't know that the Slider doesn't have this feature. I've seen a few Android phones over the years with a flashlight quick setting. Play music does not always allow the equalizer to be used. In fact I think they only allow it for certain phones. The LG music app on the stylo is actually stripped a bit. The keyboard sucks, but the custom keyboard Blackberry will likely implement will probably be much better. You have to remember that the Stylo was made a mid-tier niche device. The Slider is being made as a high-end flagship. The experience will likely be better.

Posted via CB10
    This is what i like about BB10. The OS is standard across all different devices (except wifi direct and fm radio). What you get in z10 you get in z30.

I would prefer that i have the flashlight on the quick menu do i can access it quickly from anywhere.

I like the fact that i dont have to go looking for apps for something that should have come standard packaged with the OS (browser, keyboard, music player).

Most people who buys cars dont generally buy cars and mod it. They dont want to have to go find new break calipers, new steering wheel, sunroof etc. I would prefer to stick with parts that were specified straight from the car manufacturer as intended in their design. This is what BB10 is to me. I can buy it stock and be contempt about my purchase. Sure i wouldnt mind buying new rims and add some tint. Thats what BB10 should have focused on after. Just dress it up a little nicer. Its so bland and boring i freaking hate it. But it does the job well.

09-19-15 09:03 AM
    Google put a Flashlight control in Quick Settings long ago, but some manufacturers have removed it. That's not a Google problem, it's a manufacturer issue.
    ayngling, MO3iusONE and 00stryder like this.
    09-19-15 09:58 AM
    i left my Z30 for a bigger screen. I guess the beauty is all in the eye of the beholder.
    I switch between a note and an xperia z3 compact every once in a while. It's nice to have a phone with a 4.6 inch screen but it's also refreshing switching back to a phone with a bigger screen.

Does anyone remember the Samsung mega? Now that's a big phone. 6.3 inches

09-19-15 10:49 AM
    My Sony xperia z3 has a flashlight features. But what if I just don't want a flashlight? What if I want an SOS feature with a compass? What if I want my led to flash continously for no reason? It's nice to have variety.

Anyway, I sometimes don't like having to slide down from the top of the screen in order to enable my flashlight. Instead I have it on one of my docks. Here's a video I made.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=o5Kbh5G2

09-19-15 11:18 AM
    I hope they import the bb10 web browser as their stock browser... Please.

Not likely, especially since the pics/video we've seen this far all display Chrome in full glory. Not saying BlackBerry won't add the BB10 browser in, but more than likely to gain Google's full blessing they have to set Chrome as default. Just as the massive search bar is present on the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 12:22 PM
    Not likely, especially since the pics/video we've seen this far all display Chrome in full glory. Not saying BlackBerry won't add the BB10 browser in, but more than likely to gain Google's full blessing they have to set Chrome as default. Just as the massive search bar is present on the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    Its really bothering me how every time i switch tabs it refreshes the webpage. I was writing something and accidentally pressed home. I went back to the browser and it refreshed the page. Content gone. That is utterly dumb on how they havent figured out yet why they can keep the content to stay.

09-19-15 03:38 PM
    Its really bothering me how every time i switch tabs it refreshes the webpage. I was writing something and accidentally pressed home. I went back to the browser and it refreshed the page. Content gone. That is utterly dumb on how they havent figured out yet why they can keep the content to stay.

It might be the way that Chrome is coded to access/utilize RAM memory? Either way, that would definitely be annoying to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 03:58 PM
    It might be the way that Chrome is coded to access/utilize RAM memory? Either way, that would definitely be annoying to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    Thats what im thinking because with bb10 browser, when you use up all of the resources, the web pages would be forced to refresh. There would have to be a lot going on for it to come to that situation.

09-19-15 05:24 PM
    Thats what im thinking because with bb10 browser, when you use up all of the resources, the web pages would be forced to refresh. There would have to be a lot going on for it to come to that situation.

If you have the 1 GB RAM variant I don't see why you'd think you could get the same performance as BlackBerry 10 devices. Which for the most part have had 2gigs or more.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-19-15 06:08 PM
    you can't even play youtube while browsing another tab or in standby in android... ios can't but at least it has some sort of work around. And no paying 10$ a month is not a solution
    Youtube app plays in background. Dont know what your talking about

I hate it

!
    09-19-15 06:26 PM
    I hear they're pulling a BlackBerry (or Windows) and jumping to Android 10!
    09-19-15 07:04 PM
    On my Android I got yesterday.:

Music player has no equalizer.

Posted via CB10
    The BB10 music player doesn't have one either. It has a bunch or pre-set "styles", and to me, they all suck. It needs a real multi-band adjustable equalizer.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 07:07 PM
    The BB10 music player doesn't have one either. It has a bunch or pre-set "styles", and to me, they all suck. It needs a real multi-band adjustable equalizer.

Posted via CB10
    Its the most common presets. Common as in probably a lot of people set it in the same manner. So since its available it will cater to most.

09-19-15 07:55 PM
    Youtube app plays in background. Dont know what your talking about

I hate it

!
    Im pretty sure it doesnt. Lemme check....

Confirmed. It doesnt.

09-19-15 07:58 PM
46 12