(As of Now): BlackBerry Venice running Android 5.1.1-blackberry-venice-aa-71-840x1132.jpg

That�s it for the pictures, but we also have a few more pieces of notable information to share with you. Apparently the Venice will carry model number STV100-6 and will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor. Previous rumors have stated the device will sport a Snapdragon 808 clocked at 1.8GHz, and will also feature 3GB of RAM.
    Exclusive: New leaked images of the BlackBerry Venice

If you look up that model number, this comes up:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.1.1; STV100-6 Build/LMY47V) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.93 Mobile Safari/537.36
    HTTP Headers: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.1.1; STV100-6 Build/LMY47V) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.93 Mobile Safari/537.36

Not sure if this is up somewhere, but that was as of 8/31/2015
    09-17-15 01:17 PM
    Late to the party huh? lol

Put your beer in the fridge and the chips on the table. K, thanks!
    09-17-15 01:23 PM
    I found this. Android????BlackBerry Venice?STV100-6??????????? | Jetstream BLOG

can anyone translate that? I dont know Japanese.

EDIT: and yes I know weve seen those pictures.
    09-17-15 01:25 PM
    I found this. Android????BlackBerry Venice?STV100-6??????????? | Jetstream BLOG

can anyone translate that? I dont know Japanese.

EDIT: and yes I know weve seen those pictures.

It says:

This is all the same crap you read everywhere else.
    Joking... but yeah, not really..

This is the image of the Android-powered new smartphone BlackBerry, which also has been terrible spill until now "BlackBerry Venice", but also eight new images has been published by the media Android Authority overseas.In this image, the design of the "BlackBerry Venice" of course, and the state of the Android-powered, it will be able to confirm the terminal start-up of BlackBerry and Android logo display.

For also Snapdragon 808 processor-based that has been reported than before, in the Hexa-core 1.8GHz driving, was also reportedly stating that even to 3GB with respect to RAM.
    In addition, that model number of the "BlackBerry Venice" becomes "STV100-6" also, has been first reported.

When the Home button swipe up, in addition to the Google Now, e-mail and search app you find that to be displayed in a pop-up.The back of the whole image also be the first time the public, you will find that the dual tone flash is mounted on the side of the rear camera.
    The rear camera, from a previous render image 18MP to be a has become clear. When the cook Android Authority is so keyboard shortcut is a BlackBerry distinctive feature of also be inherited. "BlackBerry Venice (STV100-6)" For you have been told by previous to be released from the United States of four major major carriers in November.
    Since probably BlackBerry is believed to hold a launch event of "BlackBerry Venice (STV100-6)" Let's wait for the official information.
    09-17-15 01:27 PM
    Ugh, that hurt my head reading it

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    09-17-15 06:52 PM
    I'm sure it will switch to BB10 in time for release.
    09-17-15 07:16 PM
    I'm sure it will switch to BB10 in time for release.
    Hopeful wishes.
    Confirmed Android 6.0
    powereds likes this.
    09-17-15 07:20 PM
    Hopeful wishes.
    Confirmed Android 6.0
    Then I shall start a new thread expressing my disappointment.
    lift likes this.
    09-17-15 07:22 PM
    Then I shall start a new thread expressing my disappointment.
    But why? Android is a blessing. People will finally jump on board. All my friends(98% of them) want to be able to snapchat, periscope, use banking apps, and overall just be up to date. On BB10, you can do most of that but everything is slow, my Instagram takes 12+ seconds to load.. your average consumer wont wait that long if they've been accustomed to shorter wait times.

I don't get peoples gripe about Android, I've used BlackBerry for well over a decade and approve of this, BlackBerry can finally get back some market share + be in the black.

Let me ask you, would you rather have BlackBerry die as a handset manufacturer because of BB10 or succeed because of Android? This phone is going to kick some serious a*s. Finally... I wont be made fun of for carrying around a BlackBerry
    09-17-15 07:28 PM
    But why? Android is a blessing. People will finally jump on board. All my friends(98% of them) want to be able to snapchat, periscope, use banking apps, and overall just be up to date. On BB10, you can do most of that but everything is slow, my Instagram takes 12+ seconds to load.. your average consumer wont wait that long if they've been accustomed to shorter wait times.

I don't get peoples gripe about Android, I've used BlackBerry for well over a decade and approve of this, BlackBerry can finally get back some market share + be in the black.

Let me ask you, would you rather have BlackBerry die as a handset manufacturer because of BB10 or succeed because of Android? This phone is going to kick some serious a*s. Finally... I wont be made fun of for carrying around a BlackBerry
    I disapprove of Google and be honest, running native apps on BlackBerry blows android away. The os itself just smokes android. Battery life on my androids SUCKED. Can BlackBerry make an android that has good battery, bb10 features and just all around make me forget it's an android? I doubt it. If they can do that and I HAVE to go back to android I'll look at the Venice. I'm already not happy about them making the screen bigger. Z30 is almost too big. Why do you care if people make fun of your BlackBerry? I swear a lot of people that frequent this site would complain if you hung em with a new rope. I hope BlackBerry makes enough money off this to keep making BlackBerry os phones in the future.

Posted via CB10
    mundo472, lift, tp0d and 7 others like this.
    09-17-15 09:07 PM
    The BlackBerry Android runtime will still work better than no Runtime, since without something, BlackBerry hardware and the BB10 would be dead in a year with the ever decreasing market share.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 09:26 PM
    I disapprove of Google and be honest, running native apps on BlackBerry blows android away. The os itself just smokes android. Battery life on my androids SUCKED. Can BlackBerry make an android that has good battery, bb10 features and just all around make me forget it's an android? I doubt it. If they can do that and I HAVE to go back to android I'll look at the Venice. I'm already not happy about them making the screen bigger. Z30 is almost too big. Why do you care if people make fun of your BlackBerry? I swear a lot of people that frequent this site would complain if you hung em with a new rope. I hope BlackBerry makes enough money off this to keep making BlackBerry os phones in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Wait a minute... Native apps? What native apps? BB10 has native apps????!
    Last edited by Jasper-Ng; 09-18-15 at 02:02 AM.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    09-18-15 12:17 AM
    I hope they import the bb10 web browser as their stock browser... Please.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    mundo472 likes this.
    09-18-15 12:40 AM
    Originally Posted by Hlao-roo I'm sure it will switch to BB10 in time for release. Hopeful wishes.
    Confirmed Android 6.0
    lol was thinking the same thing ...but would be nice if it came true ..................not holding my breath tho
    09-18-15 12:57 AM
    Yeah of course, they work months on the Android version and flash BB10 when it's released, dream on.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 01:00 AM

you can't even play youtube while browsing another tab or in standby in android... ios can't but at least it has some sort of work around. And no paying 10$ a month is not a solution
    09-18-15 01:13 AM
    you can't even play youtube while browsing another tab or in standby in android... ios can't but at least it has some sort of work around. And no paying 10$ a month is not a solution
    You keep posting this and I keep telling you that yes it is possible. You have to download a separate browser (boo hoo yeah I know it might be a hassle for you) called dolphin. But hey, it's capable, quit saying it's not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    ayngling, Uzi and astrodan13 like this.
    09-18-15 02:35 AM
    Knowing BlackBerry's history, they're going to wet the bed in one form or another.

Possibilities :
    Price too high
    Specs too low
    Double typing
    Entering android market too late
    No OS direct update.

List is on and on. Now they have two OS's to maintain.
    If it turns out to be good then great. I guess we all have to bow down to the Google overlord.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 03:01 AM
    On my Android I got yesterday.:

Camera
    - no night mode option

Browser
    - when you have multiple tabs open and flipping through them will always refresh the page(which sucks)
    - cannot play videos in background
    - in BB10 you can long press a link and decide if you'd like to open it with a respective app.

No flashlight in quick pull down menu. If you get an app, it won't run in the background.

Screenshot
    - I guess since there are so many types of Android, it's different for others so I don't know how to take a screenshot

Text editing
    - the cursor IS much more user friendly on BB10
    - keyboard...can't comment as I'm fairly new so I'm struggling quite a bit.

Music player has no equalizer.

I really do miss the swipe up to minimize. Thankfully I still have my Classic for work. I just hate the camera on my Classic.

Don't get me wrong, there are things that I like about the Android, but BB10 really simplified the UI. I admit it isn't the prettiest, but that's what I was hoping for in future updates.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by vgorous; 09-18-15 at 01:20 PM.
    mundo472, Allanon89 and nick13b like this.
    09-18-15 05:55 AM
    You'll get used to it, if not, buy the Slider. Simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 10:01 AM
    Wrong. If he gets used to his Android phone, no point buying the slider. If he buys the slider, it's gonna have all the little things that he doesn't like about Android.
    09-18-15 10:08 AM
    Late to the party huh? lol

Put your beer in the fridge and the chips on the table. K, thanks!
    Oh, I also didn't see the Sticky post maintained by CrackBerry staff that has all the updated information about the Slider concisely compiled and regularly updated as a single post in the "Slider" forum. my. bad.
    09-18-15 12:30 PM
    On my Android I got yesterday.:

Camera
    - no night mode option

Browser
    - when you have multiple tabs open and flipping through them will always refresh the page(which sucks)
    - cannot play videos in background
    - in BB10 you can long press a link and decide if you'd like to open it with a respective app.

No flashlight in quick pull down menu. If you get an app, it won't run in the background.

Screenshot
    - I guess since there are so many types of Android, it's different for others so I don't know how to take a screenshot

Text editing
    - the cursor IS much more user friendly on BB10
    - keyboard...can't comment as I'm fairly new so I'm struggling quite a bit.

Music player has no equalizer.

I really do miss the swipe up to minimize. Thankfully I still have my Classic for work. I just hate the camera on my Classic.

Don't get me wrong, there are things that I like about the Android, but BB10 really simplified the UI. I admit it isn't the prettiest, but that's what I was hoping for in future updates.

Posted via CB10
    What android phone did you buy? Maybe we can help you out.

09-18-15 01:54 PM
    Yea I'll be honest I was hoping the launcher would be essentially a copy of BB10 but I'm still getting it regardless. After I see the reviews of course haha

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 02:44 PM
    What android phone did you buy? Maybe we can help you out.

LG G Stylo.

I found out how to screenshot it.
    Im kinda getting used to it. I do miss the bb10 autocorrect of small words (teh = the; dont = don't; theres = there's; and such).

I prefer the keyboard on bb10 much better. I would love if the bb10 keyboard did display the numbers on the top at all times. There's no "del" function on the android as far as i know. I miss the flick keyboard.

I really do hate it when the tabs in my browser refreshes every time i leave the window. I hope bb keeps their own browser.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-18-15 03:22 PM
46 12