Least they could do would be giving us the means to unlock the bootloader after EOL. :/
    12-01-17 01:19 PM
    Least they could do would be giving us the means to unlock the bootloader after EOL. :/
    It'd be nice, but I'd say it's unlikely:

1) They would probably have to expend resources to make a bootloader unlocking utility available; there's little incentive to do that without the promise of revenue.

2) They would want to do it in a way that wouldn't accidentally leak any compromising information about the integrity of other Blackberry-powered Android devices, which may use very similar boot-time security features. This, in turn, leads us back to (1).
    12-01-17 01:43 PM
    It'd be nice, but I'd say it's unlikely:

1) They would probably have to expend resources to make a bootloader unlocking utility available; there's little incentive to do that without the promise of revenue.

2) They would want to do it in a way that wouldn't accidentally leak any compromising information about the integrity of other Blackberry-powered Android devices, which may use very similar boot-time security features. This, in turn, leads us back to (1).
    In summation, to maintain BBAndroid security, it's not going to happen..

Welcome to BlackBerry....
    bibbula likes this.
    12-01-17 02:19 PM
    I recently took the initiative and I emailed the BlackBerry SIRT team and asked them about the security patches for the BlackBerry Priv.

I don't have Twitter but I believe the team has an account, can anybody tweet them and see if there is any sort of response?

I will update here once I hear back from them, hopefully soon!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-17 03:12 PM
    Yep... that's what I remember reading/hearing as well. But the unknown is how far into 2018 will the Priv get Security Patch updates. Hopefully 6+ months... maybe more?

Time will tell... 🤔

Bob
    12-01-17 06:15 PM
    Updates could stop anytime between 0 and 6 months from now on all BlackBerry/M devices.
    12-01-17 06:20 PM
    are there any qualified attorneys in this thread?
    The qualified attorneys you should inquire about should be the BB ones that write up and review all the documents you get ( that nobody ever reads) and you agree too when you buy the BB hardware.
    12-01-17 07:09 PM
    Guess we will see in a few weeks!
    Not arguing it. Just not seeing the big deal either way...
    12-01-17 07:11 PM
    Only a few more days. Place your bets boys and girls!
    12-03-17 09:29 AM
    I place BET we will get NOV security update on PRIV.
    12-03-17 01:21 PM
    I place BET we will get NOV security update on PRIV.
    My bet is NO, we won't get a separate Nov update, it will be combined with December, and prob late at that.
    12-03-17 02:36 PM
    My bet is NO, we won't get a separate Nov update, it will be combined with December, and prob late at that.
    Let me clarify: some here said NO MORE updates coming whatsoever for PRIV. And I bet against that...as updates will still continue. Now yes definitely combined in Dec.
    12-03-17 03:14 PM
    Still waiting for the new upcoming security update.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 03:20 AM
    Updates could stop anytime between 0 and 6 months from now on all BlackBerry/M devices.
    Bad news indeed. If these updates stop, BlackBerry Security, DTEK, and everything else about the brand BlackBerry would mean Nothing.
    12-08-17 10:48 PM
    Bad news indeed. If these updates stop, BlackBerry Security, DTEK, and everything else about the brand BlackBerry would mean Nothing.
    Integrity Detection and DTEK would still protect you.
    12-08-17 10:58 PM
    Integrity Detection and DTEK would still protect you.
    DTEK doesn't do anything by itself. It is just a protection / compliance indicator.
    12-08-17 11:19 PM
    DTEK doesn't do anything by itself. It is just a protection / compliance indicator.
    No. It is the face of BlackBerry Integrity Detection.
    bibbula likes this.
    12-08-17 11:36 PM
    If security updates were to stop BB Android would still provide some level of protection against root based attacks. I think the last high profile root based exploit was QuadRooter, many since then had required patches.
    12-09-17 12:14 AM
    Integrity detection is of no use if the unaltered but unpatched files are vulnerable which is the reason Google has those sec patches.

Only if after an infection (which would have been prevented by secupdate) the malware changes a system file, it would be detected AFTERWARDS.
    12-09-17 07:17 AM
    Integrity detection is of no use if the unaltered but unpatched files are vulnerable which is the reason Google has those sec patches.

Only if after an infection (which would have been prevented by secupdate) the malware changes a system file, it would be detected AFTERWARDS.
    Integrity Detection is no substitute for security patches, of course. It's just another layer of defence.

But, it will keep doing its job after patches stop, and will continue to receive its updated definitions.

I would feel much better using an unsupported device with another pair of eyes like BID monitoring suspicious activity.
    12-09-17 09:04 AM
70 123