any chance we are waiting until November because they want to bump up the specs?

the Sony Z5 Premium is launching with a 4K screen probably powered by SD820 as the 810/808 would struggle quite a bit I'd imagine.

So what are the chances of the Venice launching with the 820 as well? maybe 4GB of ram instead of 3GB?

just throwing it out there...
    09-02-15 02:05 AM
    You should be happy if it comes with new hw at all and not another z10 hw

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 02:50 AM
    Yeah I used to hope for BlackBerry to use decent hw too. Especially a 21st century camera for once.

Really we'll be lucky if they release something that isn't a horse and buggy driven jalopy with a silent movie era piano.

November is a pipe dream. I'll be surprised if they start shipping before the end of this decade.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2339 / T-Mobile USA
    Last edited by Doggerz; 09-02-15 at 09:53 PM.
    tryfe likes this.
    09-02-15 02:59 AM
    You should be happy if it comes with new hw at all and not another z10 hw
    Yeah I used to hope for BlackBerry to use decent hw too. Especially a 21st century camera for once.

Really we'll be lucky if they release something that isn't a horse and buggy driven jalopy with a silent movie era piano.

November is a pipe dream. I'll be surprised if they start shopping before the end of this decade.
    Seems like you two are using this BlackBerry handset... ...

november = spec bump?-blackberry5810.jpg

 Q5 / Z30
    09-02-15 05:22 AM
    any chance we are waiting until November because they want to bump up the specs?

the Sony Z5 Premium is launching with a 4K screen probably powered by SD820 as the 810/808 would struggle quite a bit I'd imagine.

So what are the chances of the Venice launching with the 820 as well? maybe 4GB of ram instead of 3GB?

just throwing it out there...
    The Z5 Premium will be powered by the Snapdragon 810, Sony has already listed the full, final specs. It also comes with "just" three gigs of RAM.

IMHO the specs of the Venice are finished and it's only the software which might cause any delays.
    EuthanasiaUK likes this.
    09-02-15 12:36 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 05:35 PM
    I don't think it makes sense for them to change hardware now. Means more testing with their OS.

Also, sad to say but BlackBerry doesn't exactly release cutting-edge hardware.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 05:36 PM
    There's no reason for it to have 4gb of ram until applications start demanding it. At best it'll have the 808 but I'm going to guess it'll have the 805 which I believe is the previous one
    09-02-15 05:44 PM
    Honestly the rumored specs are A-ok with me.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    ayngling likes this.
    09-02-15 05:52 PM
    The rumored specs should be smooth as butter and if it is running almost a stock build of android then it should hold up for a few years.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 06:12 PM
    The rumored specs should be smooth as butter and if it is running almost a stock build of android then it should hold up for a few years.

Posted via CB10
    There's that word many of us don't like "Should"
    09-02-15 07:11 PM
    I know only time will tell for sure. You can throw all the horsepower you want at a phone but if the software is poorly built then there's no saving it

Posted via CB10
    BMCruiser likes this.
    09-02-15 07:45 PM
    -I'd rather have a SD 808 than the 810... Launch window means they won't be able to use the 820 anyways.
    -Ram doesn't really matter much, as long as it has 3gb who cares.
    -Alot of the phones with 2k screens up to this point tended to get worse reviews than the non-2k versions because of the power drain and minimal benefit.
    09-02-15 08:42 PM
    No, they're waiting until November so they can stop the devices slider mechanism from being screwed up by even a speck of dust and so they can figure out why the keys keep falling off on all the current revisions. Same old stuff every device goes through during testing phases. 2-3 more revisions, they should have it lol. True story!
    09-02-15 09:05 PM
    No, they're waiting until November so they can stop the devices slider mechanism from being screwed up by even a speck of dust and so they can figure out why the keys keep falling off on all the current revisions. Same old stuff every device goes through during testing phases. 2-3 more revisions, they should have it lol. True story!
    I wish you could share what you know. I wouldn't be surprised if BB went up to the CB staff with NDA's to get feedback on the current phone. Wouldn't be surprised if you seen it or even held it.

But 2-3 more revisions? what? really?.. the phone shown in leaks looks almost complete (minus a few things)
    09-02-15 09:13 PM
    You can't tell how complete something is to final manufacturing by images of the outside
    09-02-15 09:14 PM
    I wish you could share what you know. I wouldn't be surprised if BB went up to the CB staff with NDA's to get feedback on the current phone. Wouldn't be surprised if you seen it or even held it.

But 2-3 more revisions? what? really?.. the phone shown in leaks looks almost complete (minus a few things)
    Excessive use of the slider mechanism has caused issues with the speaker grill coming loose. Can't say more.
    EuthanasiaUK likes this.
    09-02-15 09:31 PM
    Excessive use of the slider mechanism has caused issues with the speaker grill coming loose. Can't say more.
    I don't doubt you, but that makes no sense. the speaker grill is attached to the overall phone.. so how does that conflict with the screen? I'm confused, but thanks for sharing.
    09-02-15 09:37 PM
    They will each ship with one of these to fix that pesky speaker grill OR turn your blackberry slider into a full touch device!november = spec bump?-bbglue.jpg
    09-03-15 06:52 AM
    Ah-ha maybe should have made it an all touch - No slider ? Less problem's ?
    09-03-15 07:17 AM
    I wish the Android culture of declaring existing hardware incompetent whenever the next big thing comes out would just stop.

It's all well and good to wonder about it but using a new device's specs to claim that the slider doesn't have decent hardware when it is said to share the specs of devices launched within a year of itself is going too far.

Someone needs to show the world just how important software is to the performance equation...
    Last edited by m3mb3rsh1p; 09-03-15 at 10:03 AM.
    09-03-15 07:34 AM
    I wish the Android culture of declaring existing hardware incompetent whenever the next big thing comes out would just stop.

It's all well and good to wonder about it but using a new device's specs to claim that the slider doesn't have decent hardware when it is said to share the specs of devices launched within a year of itself is going too far.

Someone needs to show just the world how important software is to the performance equation...
    Tell that to the brain dead people standing outside an iStore on launch day. We've been brainwashed to believe money can buy happiness.
    09-03-15 08:28 AM
    It sounds possible when the speaker module acts as a stopper.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 09:01 AM
    I REALLY hope it's "just" a 1080p screen, everything else will drain the battery too fast. I don't need 4K displays paired with a CPU that extremely overheats! I want good battery life and great performance.
    09-03-15 09:39 AM

Someone needs to show just the world how important software is to the performance equation...
    It's always been this way, remember those days people doubled up their RAM to 2GB just to speed up their virus and malware infected Desktop PC. It's the same with smartphones today. ;-)
    09-03-15 09:42 AM
29 12