I remember a few years back before the Z10 and Q10 were announced and everyone was bitc.... complaining about them not being made available for the "important" Christmas period.
    Now, (for some reason which escapes me) people are complaining that November (so in time for the "important" Christmas period) is somehow too late.

Maybe everyone here with the marketing and consumer research can just tell us what it says... oh, no wait, you don't have it. You're just venting without any actual research to back up your opinions.

Si.
    Because with Blackberry, more often times then not, there is usually a delay involved. Correct me if I am wrong, but almost everything I have read so far is stating that we "Could" see a November release of the device? And then again, we "Could Not" which in turn would push them into December, after most people have just about made their holiday purchases or decided to treat themselves to a new smart phone.

Enter Jan or Feb much after the holidays. This seems to be the blackberry that we all know and love. I will give Chen credit of course on the last few releases, but in keeping up in what we have seen from Blackberry in the past, if this phone rolls out to every other country first and then hits USA LAST as it usually does, or they run into a snag with hardware or software issues being this is a new venture and I am sure they are concerned with getting this one "Right" from the get go, then forget it, game over while everyone is enjoying their holiday gifts and purchases and we are still waiting for ours.

This needs to be rolled out all at once! Forget about this one country or one carrier at a time Bull****
    Last edited by DJM626; 09-01-15 at 09:45 PM.
    09-01-15 09:32 PM
    • GHz is a measure of speed
    • GB is a measure of storage capacity

For example, my phone may have 3GB of memory at 2GHz. The GHz speed of memory is not used for marketing purposes, ever.

Thanks.
    Finally someone corrected all these people.... thanks you lol

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:38 PM
    I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? Samsung's flagship device, the Galaxy S6, was launched at the beginning of April.

Announced at Mobile World Congress at the beginning of March and launched a month later.

And although I get your point, it doesn't really answer the question I asked.

But thanks for bringing up your points.

Si.
    The Note variants come out every year around the iPhone launch, at end of summer start of fall. This slider will be competing with the Note, S6 Edge Plus, and iPhone 6s Plus if the rumored specs hold out. Samsung staggers the launches to have higher sales year round. The Galaxy S line usually starts going on discount at the holidays.

But yes I believe November is late to the party to launch a device.

Posted via Z30
    09-02-15 08:51 AM
    Finally someone corrected all these people.... thanks you lol

Posted via CB10
    It made me cringe every time I read it.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-02-15 10:45 AM
    Yea I know, you've been saying that on practically every slider thread lol.

Posted via CB10
    Well that's the way I feel, don't want no stinking Android OS
    09-02-15 07:34 PM
    There is always a late release for USA but for Canada and the UK, we get ours first, probably going to be before nov.
    09-09-15 12:48 AM
    Is it too late for them to clarify the rumors of BB10 going down in the future?

I think BlackBerry needs to address more things than just the launching of the Slider. There are transitions going on inside BlackBerry that the launching of this device is but a fraction of what BlackBerry must announce first. But if they'll be announcing all the rumors are true by November then, hell, it's one of those events that neither another iPhone device can take back the spotlight on!
    09-09-15 03:50 AM
    I received my pre ordered just released Classic one week before Christmas last year .
    09-09-15 06:39 AM
    <snip>wouldn't BlackBerry be better served shooting from the hip on this one?</snip>
    Is November release too late?-wounded-foot.jpg
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    10-05-15 12:37 PM
    November is generous. The way this playing out, I see 2016.
    10-05-15 12:43 PM
    November is generous. The way this playing out, I see 2016.
    What evidence do you have to support your assertion?
    10-05-15 12:45 PM
    Timelines of previous releases and how carriers rollout new phones. If it is November, you would think they would at least have pre order, an official spec list, etc put out. I hope I am wrong, but it is frustrating.
    10-05-15 12:51 PM
    Blackberry is always too late, u get use to it.
    10-05-15 12:59 PM
    You are right. That's one reason I moved to Samsung years ago. I will come back but I wish they would get their act together for their sake.
    10-05-15 01:12 PM
    Timelines of previous releases and how carriers rollout new phones. If it is November, you would think they would at least have pre order, an official spec list, etc put out. I hope I am wrong, but it is frustrating.
    Chen said words to the effect of this calendar year.
    I think they should have the rubber on the road by Black Friday but that is just based on my gut.
    Both estimates are still achievable.
    10-05-15 01:24 PM
    Maybe it was to avoid the competition..... I'm guessing it would've been better to release it in august ahead of everyone...

Though I agree with you on the fact that the specs are already starting to seem old....

Posted via CB10
    3GB of Ram just don't cut it anymore on android devices.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to decide my passport
    10-05-15 04:18 PM
    It seems to me that if you were going to ship in November that you would have some decent marketing material ready by October. So far, what we have seen looks like it was thrown together at the last minute. I have a feeling that the official launch date was probably going to be November with shipping TBA.
    10-05-15 05:26 PM
    blackberry should be more worried about pricing it right. the priv's specs aren't exactly flagship, and it will compete with some great mid Rangers with high specs (moto x play) as well as the Chinese droids that pack some great bang for buck(asus zenfone2, xiaomi redmi, huawei's p series).

Sent from my ASUS_Z008D using Tapatalk
    10-05-15 06:08 PM
    They need to get the Priv to market ASAP while the reviews are hot, but knowing Blackberry, they will drag their feet and by the time they finally release it, folks would have already purchased new Galaxies and iPhone 6s units.

Oh well!!! I should be used to the "Coming Soon" mentality by now!!!
    10-05-15 06:09 PM
    Fiscal q3 is gonna be dismal without the priv.
    10-05-15 06:16 PM
    End of October would be the best time to release.

The reason I say this is because there will definitely be a moment where the device sells out and I don't think BlackBerry would be able to restock in time if they released the device at the end of November (basically December). Releasing at the end of November would mean they would sell out and then people would be super-pissed if stock levels didn't replenish in time for them to get it before Christmas.

The Priv need to come out early November at the earliest or mid November at the latest.
    10-05-15 08:35 PM
    This could work to their benefits. It's possible that releasing right now could mean the Priv gets drowned in the sea of news surrounding other flagships. Most people who were going to get the new iPhone and Galaxy were likely not going to swayed away by an early release. This is because they wouldn't have been looking for anything else. November is holiday season primer. That could prove to be a plot of time space they can grow in.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 09:16 PM
    I think 4 GHz RAM is just perfect. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    As long is its clocked at 4 GB, I'll be happy...

Z30 STA100-5 -- 10.3.2.2168 <-- Hub Memory Leak bug.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    10-05-15 09:21 PM
    I think it's better to came late with a polished product than to release one with issues. I don't think they can afford to have a release like the z10.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-06-15 11:36 AM
    releasing right now would be a terrible idea. The problem with most users on this forum is the lack of understanding in how a business is run. If a company that is literally on its last legs is about to release a phone which constitutes its all or nothing plan; why on earth would you release into (mid October?). The news is currently swamped with the release of the iPhone, android marshmallow, nexus 5x/6p, Lg just released the V10, and of course microsofts release today. Blackberry needs to be smart and release their phone/announce when the news of everything else has died down. People are quick to forget things, so an announcement now would likely get less attention than if it happened later. On top of that, a november release works well because no other phone manufacturers have plans for release at that time. If they truly do have support from all 4 carriers, then I am assuming a large marketing push will also happen. Chen isn't an *****, thats why he chose to switch to android (which is by far the smartest thing BB could have done to survive). Yeah BB10 is cool, but guess what? 95% of people under the age of 40 use apps that aren't available on bb10, so its DOA. Android and the unique form of the priv are the only two things that can keep BB around
    DrBoomBotz and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-06-15 08:05 PM
107 ... 2345