I loved the term "playbooked" hilarious.
    03-08-17 04:21 PM
    In theory, if they release 7.0 in 2020 should we still be happy?

Sorry, but 1 year to release a software update is plain bull****. Especially when you see phones like LG V20 that launch with it.

We are talking about a flagship phone that was more expensive that almost any flagship, we should NOT have to wait 3 or 4 months to get the update, let alone 1 year
    I honestly don't understand the big deal. Did the V20 release with N? Sure it did. So does that mean all Android phones that came out before it should be automatically given N? It will happen. Be patient. Give it time.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 06:17 PM
    You sound very clever but fail to mention that the PRIV STILL IS the flagship Blackberry model, it's ON SALE RIGHT NOW.

LG G4? We are on the G6 already... wake up.

You're so biased that you compare the priv to the G4, when the G4 is from early 2015 and PRIV is late 2015. Priv is closer to the G5 than the G4. There's a big difference, the G2 is 2 years old, The priv os not even one and half.

And, why aren't you telling us that older phones like the HTC One M9 are getting the update?

You must be good at business, your benchmarks are the competitors that are doing it wrong, not the ones that are doing it right....
    03-10-17 10:29 AM
    You sound very clever but fail to mention that the PRIV STILL IS the flagship Blackberry model, it's ON SALE RIGHT NOW.

You're so biased that you compare the priv to the G4, when the G4 is from early 2015 and PRIV is late 2015. Priv is closer to the G5 than the G4. There's a big difference, the G2 is 2 years old, The priv os not even one and half.

And, why aren't you telling us that older phones like the HTC One M9 are getting the update?

You must be good at business, your benchmarks are the competitors that are doing it wrong, not the ones that are doing it right....
    https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58c2ebaf5be9f/giphy.gif
    Mirko935 and bibbula like this.
    03-10-17 12:09 PM

Are you sure your name isn't Varuca Salt?

Mirko935, 00stryder and PHughes like this.
    03-10-17 12:12 PM

Yes, these phones were launched many months apart...
    Nougat Release for Priv-22.jpg

Why aren't you mentioning all the other phones that aren't getting the update? Why aren't you mentioning the ones that got it but it had serious bugs etc.? Nougat roll out for Asus Zenfone 3 has resumed - GSMArena.com news
    Similar goes for some Apple's updates as well, iOS 10 update infuriated some of the biggest Apple's fans due to all the bugs and lags it introduced.

We can go on like this as long as you like. In the end, if you someone's update policy better, buy that someone else's phone. Why stick to a company and a device you so openly dislike?
    Carmels likes this.
    03-10-17 01:01 PM
    03-10-17 01:50 PM
    The significance of "nougat" was lost on BlackBerry multilingual staff who mispronounced it to Google assistant who heard "no-get" and followed that...
    03-10-17 01:56 PM
    Do you know where they got the info re nougat release in April?
    03-10-17 02:04 PM
    Google Translate says they overheard it at MWC a couple weeks ago.
    03-10-17 02:11 PM
    Google Translate says they overheard it at MWC a couple weeks ago.
    So....it got lost in the translation.
    03-10-17 02:29 PM
    Did they say which April?
    03-10-17 03:54 PM
    LOL! Good question!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-10-17 04:01 PM
    April Verizon™
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-10-17 09:29 PM
    Are you sure your name isn't Varuca Salt?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...df3581c5ee.jpg
    ROFL
    03-11-17 01:53 AM
    THe V10 is going to get the update, so is the G4... But again.. you can't buy a V10 anymore (let alone the G4), it's DISCONTINUED. The priv isn't.

Not only that, we are talking about a company tha has security as it's most priority, and you know full well, that each OS update has increased security.

You certainly don't want to bring apple to the update agenda. yes they had an hiccup in the past with a bug, wich was patched in 24h. Any Android user (other than google phones) would dream to have Apple update strategy.
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 03-11-17 at 09:47 AM.
    1dat2 likes this.
    03-11-17 09:29 AM
    I must say I love these threads. If the up date comes and when the downloads start, then the crying begins. Ohhhhh this is broken my phone does this.....help me...I've fallen and can't get up. You know the drill. OS updates are great, but the million dollar question is this?

Is your phone not doing something, really think it's going to get better. What it will do is highlight that your phone is getting older. Updates are great, but they also aren't. Maybe one should be happy with what you have, not what you don't.

The grass is always greener, than you find the crab grass.
    Mmmm crab grass...
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    03-11-17 04:30 PM
    Mmmm crab grass...
    Double Woof
    03-11-17 06:34 PM
    My wife's Verizon S-7 got the Nougat push last night, along with the time change.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-12-17 10:41 AM
    From what I understand from the latest podcast there's a chance that the PRIV with not be getting Nougat ? That's horrible if it's true feels a little too quick to end support!!
    03-12-17 08:39 PM
    From what I understand from the latest podcast there's a chance that the PRIV with not be getting Nougat ? That's horrible if it's true feels a little too quick to end support!!
    Which podcast? CB? And not shocking really as BlackBerry has avoided the question regarding the Priv and will likely just hope everyone just buys a KEYone.
    03-12-17 10:49 PM
    Android 7.0 will be pushed to all privs, won't it?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 11:13 PM
    With Verizon, N stands for Never.
    Glad I just got a Verizon Priv. Still, better than not having 1. I love this phone!
    I would really like split screen and replying to messages from the android notification tray.

I came from a Q10 and Nexus 5X combo, and even with that, I prefer the Priv.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my PRIV.
    FF22 and tfitzpat03 like this.
    03-12-17 11:19 PM
    Which podcast? CB? And not shocking really as BlackBerry has avoided the question regarding the Priv and will likely just hope everyone just buys a KEYone.
    Well BerryFlow is no more so it had to be the CBK one. I didn't listen entirely but skimming and scanning I didn't notice anything. Maybe someone else can chime in.
    03-12-17 11:30 PM
    Well BerryFlow is no more so it had to be the CBK one. I didn't listen entirely but skimming and scanning I didn't notice anything. Maybe someone else can chime in.
    Yes I skimmed through after reading this as well and didn't notice anything.
    03-12-17 11:33 PM
933 ... 23456 ...