^ and that is a statistic of all devices that connected to playstore in a special timeperiod ("Data collected during a 7-day period ending on April 3, 2017"). So it would look even worse for N if all those older Androids that are still in use but don't connect that often to Playstore would have been counted.

And now only Samsung KNOX N devices have special security treatment of OS ontop of N enhancements (afaik) and even S8 is released with only Nougat 7.0.x and not 7.1.x.
    04-20-17 05:34 AM
    Nope still lame , BlackBerry only have DTEK60 and priv as flagship right now, they only hold on new os for KEYᴼᴺᴱ release.. Just like they hold on 10.3 for Passport release, lucky we have leak os back day.
    04-20-17 05:39 AM
    Oh really? So 5% of Androids are?..

Nexus 5XNexus 6P (at a later date)Google PixelGoogle Pixel XLNexus PlayerPixel C Moto G (4th Gen)Moto G Plus (4th Gen)Moto G Play (4th Gen)Moto X Pure Edition (3rd Gen)Moto X StyleMoto X PlayMoto X ForceDroid Turbo 2Droid Maxx 2Moto ZMoto Z DroidMoto Z Force DroidMoto Z PlayMoto Z Play Droid Galaxy S6Galaxy S6 edgeGalaxy S6 edge PlusGalaxy Note 5Galaxy Tab A with S PenGalaxy Tab S2 (LTE Unlock)Galaxy A3Galaxy A8 Xperia Z3+Xperia Z4 TabletXperia Z5Xperia Z5 CompactXperia Z5 PremiumXperia XXperia XAXperia XA UltraXperia X CompactXperia X PerformanceXperia XZ OnePlus 3T, HTC M9 & 10 LG G5 & V10
    .... all are on Nougat 7
    My S7 just got N recently and my S6 has not and is still on January patch.
    There is no big deal about N at all, in fact I prefer M to it.
    04-20-17 05:48 AM
    True and glad you don't care. I want Nougat because of the multitasking split screen. Coming from BB10, I feel the Android M lacks in multitasking. I want Nougat !!
    Complaining about it won't change what is happening and certainly isn't going to speed N's arrival. If you want N so badly, Varuca Salt, then sell your Priv and buy one of those gazillion Android phones that has it.

If that is not affordable, then realize that you will have to wait in line like all the rest of us. Make the best of it. I know misery loves company, but in this case I prefer you keep it to yourself.

Patience grasshopper. N will come if it comes.
    04-20-17 06:39 AM
    Complaining about it won't change what is happening and certainly isn't going to speed N's arrival. If you want N so badly, Varuca Salt, then sell your Priv and buy one of those gazillion Android phones that has it.

If that is not affordable, then realize that you will have to wait in line like all the rest of us. Make the best of it. I know misery loves company, but in this case I prefer you keep it to yourself.

Patience grasshopper. N will come if it comes.
    I'm a strong physical keyboard user so I do not want to leave BlackBerry. So yes my only option is to be a patient grasshopper.

Posted via CB10
    newcollector and FF22 like this.
    04-20-17 10:31 AM
    I guess I'm currently more impatient about the absence of the April Security Update than Nougat's appearance.

I will admit that Verizon's delay of both Security Updates and MM did more than irritate me. I complained bitterly to the FCC and I did so repeatedly!
    04-20-17 01:20 PM
    I guess I'm currently more impatient about the absence of the April Security Update than Nougat's appearance.

I will admit that Verizon's delay of both Security Updates and MM did more than irritate me. I complained bitterly to the FCC and I did so repeatedly!
    Just got the April update. It is small but hey, it's here!
    FF22 and Nathan Conley like this.
    04-20-17 01:33 PM
    Newcollector are you on verizon or did you purchase directly through bb?
    04-20-17 01:54 PM
    04-20-17 01:56 PM
    I purchased an AT&T locked phone from Ebay. However I get updates from BlackBerry because I was one of those phones that had the "no service" issue. The fix made things act like I am factory unlocked.
    04-20-17 01:58 PM
    Ebay
    Ebay - is that a new carrier in the US to compete with VZW
    FF22 likes this.
    04-20-17 01:58 PM
    It doesn't matter what carrier you use so long as you don't buy the phone locked from them... I get updates wherever I am worldwide right away because my device is unlocked...
    04-20-17 02:02 PM
    It doesn't matter what carrier you use so long as you don't buy the phone locked from them... I get updates wherever I am worldwide right away because my device is unlocked...
    It was a joke....
    anon(679606) likes this.
    It was a joke....
    MDR
    04-20-17 02:05 PM
    While true and unless things change with the KEYone, Verizon phones were never sold by ShopBB or anyone else "unlocked" in the traditional sense. Although, Verizon models for BB for a while now have been UNlocked and could be used, say in Europe, with local sim cards. But updates solely come via Verizon.

And I just checked and while my ShopBB Priv did get the update - none for Verizon - yet!
    04-20-17 02:59 PM
    While true and unless things change with the KEYone, Verizon phones were never sold by ShopBB or anyone else "unlocked" in the traditional sense. Although, Verizon models for BB for a while now have been UNlocked and could be used, say in Europe, with local sim cards. But updates solely come via Verizon.

And I just checked and while my ShopBB Priv did get the update - none for Verizon - yet!
    Verizon Phones are CDMA locked but also have an unlocked GSM radio to use in the wide world where CDMA is rare (Mexico, Japan). So, the updates are Verizon business.
    04-20-17 03:03 PM
    If I wanted the other "gazilion" android phones, we would have bought the other "gazilion" android phones before hand... Find me a good PKB phone like the PRIV.

(it's sad that we have to point things like this out in this forum, miss the old Crackberry times where people here could know key differences between BB and other phones)
    04-20-17 05:14 PM
    Less than 5% of devices are running Nougat.
    It's sad that I have to point this out, but I will anyway...

-95% of the phones registered in goggle play are some sort of chinese stuff.
    - There are over 1,300 brands of Android phones, wich you should guess that most are some sort of white brands that dont care about updates or other crap, why are you comparing top flagship PRIV to those?
    -Priv is a Flagship phone, that costed as much (if not more) than other Android flagships, even iphones
    -Priv STILL ON SALE! again... ON SALE! (YES you can still buy a brand new one directly from Blackberry)
    -Most reputable brands like LG, HTC, SONY, SAMSUNG have been updating phones to nogaut, phones that have been discontinued already (priv is still on sale, remember that?)
    DroidBerryGuy likes this.
    04-20-17 05:25 PM
    Wow, some people are getting all upset.
    We'll get it when we get it, if we get it. BlackBerry is under no obligation to update the Priv to Nougat.
    I'm hoping we get it, and fairly confidant we will. But yelling about the other devices that have it is meaningless.
    Ya'll can put whatever spin you want on it, it doesn't change the fact that less than 5% of devices are running Nougat.
    04-20-17 08:36 PM
    Wow, some people are getting all upset.
    We'll get it when we get it, if we get it. BlackBerry is under no obligation to update the Priv to Nougat.
    I'm hoping we get it, and fairly confidant we will. But yelling about the other devices that have it is meaningless.
    Ya'll can put whatever spin you want on it, it doesn't change the fact that less than 5% of devices are running Nougat.
    Well, singing in the bathroom is meaningless... Life's not only about meaningfull things
    You know what's upsettig? having to stop the car on the highway because the bloody phone (priv) lgas like a motherf*** a lot of times I want to turn on GPS, 7.0 could (read should) fix those details.

Spin the way you want it, bringing the 5% argument as a valid point to "why the priv doesn't have 7.0" is plain ignorant, lacks any kind depth and context.

It's like me buying a brand new ferrari and complaining that it only has 200hp... "hey mate only 5% of cars have more than 200hp".... yeah, makes no sense
    04-21-17 08:47 AM
    Keep on Spining these answers! LOL!
    04-21-17 08:57 AM
    I wonder what Google agreements say about UPGRADES (not updates as stated previously in error)... I wonder if BlackBerry is hell bent on being the laughingstock of the industry... now they try to peddle software & security they purchased by acquisitions... BlackBerry is now a "cheap suit" ...
    Last edited by patapoof; 04-21-17 at 09:37 AM.
    04-21-17 09:07 AM
    BTW Google praised BlackBerry for their updates and specifically the PRIV. look it in Google. No laughs just serious business.
    1dat2 likes this.
    04-21-17 09:30 AM
    BTW Google praised BlackBerry for their updates and specifically the PRIV. look it in Google. No laughs just serious business.
    I misspoke entering the term UPDATES when I intended to refer to UPGRADES now corrected...
    04-21-17 09:36 AM
933 ... 1011121314 ...