Not trying to bum anyone out but I spoke with Someone inside BB Support today and was told that September 2017 is a possible launch date for Nougat on BB Priv. I kind of unloaded on him and was told that it might be earlier. Not sure what to make of that, but since I heard it directly from someone inside of BB I thought I'd share.

Wow 13 months from release of Nougat before it arrives on Priv. BB Blows my mind on a daily basis.

Roveer
    187faculty, TGIS and Acro Q10 like this.
    03-01-17 04:37 PM
    Because all the other OEMs are releasing Nougat? /s
    bibbula likes this.
    03-01-17 05:43 PM
    I don't believe it. It will be much earlier.
    03-01-17 06:06 PM
    I don't believe it. It will be much earlier.
    Let's hope so. There are 2 significant fixes for Priv / UEM that have been bound for Nougat. Having to wait a year is like dying slow death.
    HaamKr8s likes this.
    03-01-17 06:28 PM
    Not trying to bum anyone out but I spoke with Someone inside BB Support today and was told that September 2017 is a possible launch date for Nougat on BB Priv. I kind of unloaded on him and was told that it might be earlier. Not sure what to make of that, but since I heard it directly from someone inside of BB I thought I'd share.

Wow 13 months from release of Nougat before it arrives on Priv. BB Blows my mind on a daily basis.

Roveer
    My wife's S7 is still on Marshmallow. So yeah, Samsung blows my head off every day too. Geez. What's wrong with Marshmallow anyway. I am loving it. I am more concerned with getting security updates than OS upgrades.
    bibbula, CNX66, John Gee and 2 others like this.
    03-01-17 07:22 PM
    Let's hope so. There are 2 significant fixes for Priv / UEM that have been bound for Nougat. Having to wait a year is like dying slow death.
    What are the two significant fixes for the priv?
    03-01-17 10:23 PM
    What are the two significant fixes for the priv?
    Priv on BES/UEM will shutdown the BSCP VPN adapter after an hour or so of inactivity preventing the phone from receiving any new work email until the device is picked up and woken up then all the emails come streaming in.

Visual Voicemail only shows phone numbers instead of named contacts on BES/UEM.

Both of those features have worked on every previous BB platform/device since the inception of BES, 10+ years ago. Now they are broken on Android.

Roveer
    03-01-17 11:22 PM
    Priv on BES/UEM will shutdown the BSCP VPN adapter after an hour or so of inactivity preventing the phone from receiving any new work email until the device is picked up and woken up then all the emails come streaming in.

Visual Voicemail only shows phone numbers instead of named contacts on BES/UEM.

Both of those features have worked on every previous BB platform/device since the inception of BES, 10+ years ago. Now they are broken on Android.

Roveer

Try contacting their enterprise division, tell them you want join priv Nougat beta enterprise? Just a thought
    03-01-17 11:32 PM

Roveer
    Say it ain't so!
    03-02-17 01:04 AM
    Say it ain't so!
    I know right
    03-02-17 01:07 AM
    Are you sure he wasn't talking about Verizon Priv Nougat release?
    jakie55, FF22 and Wezard like this.
    03-02-17 01:47 AM
    With Verizon, N stands for Never.
    Mirko935, FF22, Mikey_NNG and 3 others like this.
    03-02-17 11:06 AM
    Try contacting their enterprise division, tell them you want join priv Nougat beta enterprise? Just a thought
    Oh, I've already done that. I have a line to several Support insiders including the support manager. My most recent email to him was "get me on the beta", I have a priv in test, UEM in test and the ability to read not only device logs but UEM logs pretty well. He said he was going to try and get me on the beta, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm probably one of the best resources they could have. I've found / diagnosed and in some cases fixed a number of overlooked bugs and shortcoming in their product over the past year. They won't utilize me as a resource because some folks don't look past the end of their nose.
    03-02-17 03:34 PM
    We never talked carrier. He sounded like he drew the short end of the stick and had to call me.
    03-02-17 03:35 PM
    Instead of bemoaning the news of  September Nougat (which may or may not be true since it was a support person) why not cheer the confirmation that the Priv will get Nougat (which may or may not be true since it was a support person). 👍
    03-02-17 04:01 PM
    Instead of bemoaning the news of  September Nougat (which may or may not be true since it was a support person) why not cheer the confirmation that the Priv will get Nougat (which may or may not be true since it was a support person). ������
    Well, that sure is the glass half full point of view. Doesn't help get my issues fixed one bit earlier, but I guess if I can train my brain to think that way I can be happy while I don't roll out the platform and complete the project. Success...
    1dat2 likes this.
    03-02-17 04:05 PM
    In theory, if they release 7.0 in 2020 should we still be happy?

Sorry, but 1 year to release a software update is plain bull****. Especially when you see phones like LG V20 that launch with it.

We are talking about a flagship phone that was more expensive that almost any flagship, we should NOT have to wait 3 or 4 months to get the update, let alone 1 year
    Manuel Basurto likes this.
    03-02-17 06:10 PM

Sorry, but 1 year to release a software update is plain bull****. Especially when you see phones like LG V20 that launch with it.

We are talking about a flagship phone that was more expensive that almost any flagship, we should NOT have to wait 3 or 4 months to get the update, let alone 1 year
    Am I allowed to say - Thank You...
    peregrineay likes this.
    03-02-17 06:56 PM
    I'm fine with MM. Having individual permissions on MM is one of the reasons I waited before picking up the Priv. I wouldn't look at it while it was still on Lollipop.
    The most important to me is the monthly security updates.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    03-02-17 07:14 PM
    Oh, I've already done that. I have a line to several Support insiders including the support manager. My most recent email to him was "get me on the beta", I have a priv in test, UEM in test and the ability to read not only device logs but UEM logs pretty well. He said he was going to try and get me on the beta, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm probably one of the best resources they could have. I've found / diagnosed and in some cases fixed a number of overlooked bugs and shortcoming in their product over the past year. They won't utilize me as a resource because some folks don't look past the end of their nose.
    Wow that sucks
    03-02-17 07:42 PM

If we're mentioning V20's launch with Nougat wouldn't it be fair to mention that LG G4 and V10 (which are from 2015 and have SD808 just like Priv) allegedly won't get the update at all? That isn't bull****?
    [Update: confirmed] LG G4 won’t get Android 7.0 Nougat update officially – The Android Soul

Galaxy S6 family also still isn't being updated.

Also, Priv was around the same price as iPhone, Galaxy and Nexus 6P at the time, considering none of those had expandable storage it was maybe even a bit cheaper for what you get storage-wise.

But yeah, let's all just whine how BlackBerry is the worst all the time ignoring all facts about how bad others are.
    Sure, it might be nice to have quicker updates, but every Android manufacturer is "late" with those and if numbers matter so much to you, buy a Pixel or iPhone.
    03-03-17 02:19 AM
    Well it takes them a long time to "harden" the OS, as some here may say. LOL

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 03:46 AM
    If we're mentioning V20's launch with Nougat wouldn't it be fair to mention that LG G4 and V10 (which are from 2015 and have SD808 just like Priv) allegedly won't get the update at all? That isn't bull****?
    [Update: confirmed] LG G4 won’t get Android 7.0 Nougat update officially – The Android Soul

Galaxy S6 family also still isn't being updated.

Also, Priv was around the same price as iPhone, Galaxy and Nexus 6P at the time, considering none of those had expandable storage it was maybe even a bit cheaper for what you get storage-wise.

But yeah, let's all just whine how BlackBerry is the worst all the time ignoring all facts about how bad others are.
    Sure, it might be nice to have quicker updates, but every Android manufacturer is "late" with those and if numbers matter so much to you, buy a Pixel or iPhone.
    All excellent points. In addition to the fact that no one really knows when (or if) BB will release Nougat so going off on a tirade about a possible really late release is premature. Now by late June or July a tirade might be warranted. We shall see.
    Mirko935 and anon(3641385) like this.
    03-03-17 07:50 AM
    All excellent points. In addition to the fact that no one really knows when (or if) BB will release Nougat so going off on a tirade about a possible really late release is premature. Now by late June or July a tirade might be warranted. We shall see.
    Since the Aurora is shipping this month with nougat, and the keyone is shipping next month with nougat, I really don't think it's going to be much longer. The work is mostly done.
    Last edited by conite; 03-03-17 at 09:45 AM.
    03-03-17 07:55 AM

Roveer
    I must say I love these threads. If the up date comes and when the downloads start, then the crying begins. Ohhhhh this is broken my phone does this.....help me...I've fallen and can't get up. You know the drill. OS updates are great, but the million dollar question is this?

Is your phone not doing something, really think it's going to get better. What it will do is highlight that your phone is getting older. Updates are great, but they also aren't. Maybe one should be happy with what you have, not what you don't.

The grass is always greener, than you find the crab grass.
    03-03-17 07:59 AM
933 123 ...