Hi all, first time post on here. Just bought a Priv to replace my old Classic after Vodafone withdrew data support for it. V.pleased with it except I need to get it to ring for incoming calls (only) BUT stop all other notifications, particularly SMS and WhatsApp. I could do it easily on the Classic and my old 9320s but this one has baffled me. I find the menu totally confusing. Any suggestions? Cheers!
    07-23-19 02:31 PM
    Hi all, first time post on here. Just bought a Priv to replace my old Classic after Vodafone withdrew data support for it. V.pleased with it except I need to get it to ring for incoming calls (only) BUT stop all other notifications, particularly SMS and WhatsApp. I could do it easily on the Classic and my old 9320s but this one has baffled me. I find the menu totally confusing. Any suggestions? Cheers!
    One real quick way may be to push the volume button, and when the sound menu opens, slide the ringer up, but slide notifications all the way down. (not sure of the Android version of the Priv, but should be similar).

Otherwise, you have to set the Notification for each app to off in the system options.
    07-24-19 12:37 PM
    One real quick way may be to push the volume button, and when the sound menu opens, slide the ringer up, but slide notifications all the way down. (not sure of the Android version of the Priv, but should be similar).

Otherwise, you have to set the Notification for each app to off in the system options.
    Stock Android is a mess when it comes to notifications. The most "Android-way" of doing what you want would be to set the phone app as "High Priority" with all other apps as normal priority or off. Then set the notification to "high priority."

Compared to the unlimited custom profiles and individual contact settings in BB10, Android is paltry when it comes to notifications.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-24-19 01:10 PM
    Stock Android is a mess when it comes to notifications. The most "Android-way" of doing what you want would be to set the phone app as "High Priority" with all other apps as normal priority or off. Then set the notification to "high priority."

Compared to the unlimited custom profiles and individual contact settings in BB10, Android is paltry when it comes to notifications.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Not me...the original poster @Auldgit

07-24-19 01:12 PM
    Thanks for the advice- I'll look at both options.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    07-25-19 04:00 AM