Anyone know if there will be popup notifications like on BB10? I'm not replacing my passport, but I think that would be one of the last pieces of the puzzle to get it to work more like BB10. Anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 08:11 AM
    Coming from a Z30, i liked the pop up notifications. But i will tell you what....the Lollipop notification i like even better. When i swipe down on my screen i can see all my notifications for every app and weather and google and......oh my god. So much better than pop ups.
    10-31-15 08:18 AM
    Anyone know if there will be popup notifications like on BB10? I'm not replacing my passport, but I think that would be one of the last pieces of the puzzle to get it to work more like BB10. Anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    There is currently pop up notification on Android. A message appears at the top of the screen on my Samsung with an option to reply directly from the notification that pops up. Not sure if Priv will have the same.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-31-15 08:23 AM
    Coming from a Z30, i liked the pop up notifications. But i will tell you what....the Lollipop notification i like even better. When i swipe down on my screen i can see all my notifications for every app and weather and google and......oh my god. So much better than pop ups.
    If we are talking about toast notifications then BB10 toast notifications are 100% better than anything available on Android. In BB10 they are baked into the OS so work seamlessly across all apps. On Android the closest I ever got to anything close to BB10 toast notification functionality was an app called Textra and it only worked with text messaging.
    To clear up what I mean in BB10 you can review and answer a text or other message without having to open up that messaging app to do so its all done within the dialog box and doesn't close the app you are using. Unlike Android where if you want to respond to a message it opens up the app and pulls you out of whatever app you were using at that time.
    10-31-15 08:36 AM
    Go and use any modern Android phone - that is what Priv notifications look like. Even if you are in the hub app, you'll get sent off to individual apps to reply.
    10-31-15 08:43 AM
    Go and use any modern Android phone - that is what Priv notifications look like. Even if you are in the hub app, you'll get sent off to individual apps to reply.
    If I open Priv hub, click on a bbm message, bbm opens, I reply and send.... Does the bbm ap close, and I'm back in hub automatically?
    10-31-15 08:55 AM
    If I open Priv hub, click on a bbm message, bbm opens, I reply and send.... Does the bbm ap close, and I'm back in hub automatically?
    From what we have seen and people who have used it - email and bbm you can answer in hub, everything else opens app. Which is unsurprisingly given hub in android is an app not part of OS
    10-31-15 08:58 AM
    I wish all notifications were toast notifications. Not that I play a lot of games, but it is so annoying to have a task or calendar reminder fill the screen when you are playing. I often die if it is an endless runner game. Same goes for when I am doing other things sometimes like reading on the Web or composing an email. Are all Android notifications toast?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 10-31-15 at 09:59 AM.
    10-31-15 09:27 AM