I'm running Exchange 2010 with a hosting company and Outlook 2010 on my local desktop clients. I use Verizon for my PRIV (and for my Samsung Tablet).

When I put content in the Notes field of a Contact in Outlook, and then later open that Contact on the PRIV and go into Edit and then close/save it, the text in the Notes field has automatically been dramatically reformatted.

For instance:

- headings have been formed on their own, meaning much larger font size and a different color than the plain black I was using

- lines that began with a dash (like this text that I'm typing here) are formatted into bullet lists with all the formatting changes that go along with bullet lists

- where I've manually entered a series of equal signs to make a separation between sections, it has replaced that with a double horizontal rule

In addition, the text in the "Display As" field in Outlook is modified (the text that I had there goes into quotes and is replicated in brackets).

I've tested this on my Android tablet and it does not produce any of those changes. Only the PRIV is doing this. (I don't recall whether my Classic did this. Perhaps it did, but with the Classic I could go into Edit and then exit without it automatically saving like it does on the PRIV -- unless I deliberately go into the menu on the PRIV and tell it to discard changes before closing.)

For example:

In Outlook BEFORE editing on PRIV:
    Notes in Contacts dramtically auto-reformat in Outlook after editing on PRIV-test-mindshift-tech-support-outlook-before-priv.png

In Outlook AFTER editing on PRIV:
    Notes in Contacts dramtically auto-reformat in Outlook after editing on PRIV-test-mindshift-tech-support-outlook-after-priv.png

In Outlook BEFORE editing on tablet:
    Notes in Contacts dramtically auto-reformat in Outlook after editing on PRIV-test-mindshift-tech-support-outlook-before-tablet.png

In Outlook AFTER editing on tablet (no change):
    Notes in Contacts dramtically auto-reformat in Outlook after editing on PRIV-test-mindshift-tech-support-outlook-after-tablet.png

Note that it only occurs with contacts that were edited on the PRIV, not with contacts that were edited on the tablet.

I realize that what happens with the PRIV seems like this is helping me by improving my formatting, but I don't want this kind of help. It goes too far and randomly changes things that can make it much harder for me to understand my content.

Any way to turn this off?

Any idea if this is still going to be an issue if I go to Exchange 2013 on the server and go to Outlook 2013 for my local clients?

Thanks!
    Last edited by classact; 06-03-16 at 08:34 PM.
    06-03-16 08:21 PM