Here is a sincere note to the designers of the Venice: Do not cheap out on the flex cable! This can be a catastrophic failure for the Venice if you do this. Palm did this with the Pre back then, that was the second most common complaint on the display failing because of the flex cable after the oreo twist. They didn't get it right until the Pre 3 and figured they cannot cheap out on that and the slider mechanism, and it was too late for them.

Brings back my Palm Pre repairing days.
    09-20-15 07:58 AM
    This exact thing happened to my Pre. Probably a little late to worry about how its being manufactured.
    09-20-15 08:11 AM
    By now all R&D has probably already finished, components are final and they would probably have begun or are preparing to begin manufacturing. A little late to worry about it now.

But I do also hope they don't cheap out on it.

Posted via CB10
    SunshineStateFlyer likes this.
    09-20-15 09:15 AM
    What a ridiculous thing to worry about. If you know anything about the torch you'd know that the slider mechanism and everything associated to it was nearly bulletproof. There's no reason to 'cheap' out on a cable that has a cost of less than a penny most likely
    09-20-15 09:17 AM
    What a ridiculous thing to worry about. If you know anything about the torch you'd know that the slider mechanism and everything associated to it was nearly bulletproof. There's no reason to 'cheap' out on a cable that has a cost of less than a penny most likely
    For a cash strapped company, you would be amazed how much a penny per unit would save.
    09-21-15 09:28 AM
    My day 1 sprint pre lasted years, it's replacement from screen drop lasted months- then a move to vrz got me a pre2 that was perfect till my pre3...

I never had oreo issues, or keyboard issues. Every issue my pre(s) had was from me beating them up and I never used shell cases lol.

I miss webos

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 12:44 PM
    Here is a sincere note to the designers of the Venice: Do not cheap out on the flex cable! This can be a catastrophic failure for the Venice if you do this. Palm did this with the Pre back then, that was the second most common complaint on the display failing because of the flex cable after the oreo twist. They didn't get it right until the Pre 3 and figured they cannot cheap out on that and the slider mechanism, and it was too late for them.

Brings back my Palm Pre repairing days.
    This isn't BlackBerry's first slider. This will be the third. The 9810 was bullet proof.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-21-15 02:05 PM
    This isn't BlackBerry's first slider. This will be the third. The 9810 was bullet proof.

Posted via CB10
    9810 was more like Adamantium
    ayngling likes this.
    09-21-15 02:22 PM