I am on tmobile with unlocked priv. I have missed three texts today from my wife and still have not received them. Has anyone else experienced this today? Usually I have zero issues.
    02-03-17 10:54 PM
    I am on tmobile with unlocked priv. I have missed three texts today from my wife and still have not received them. Has anyone else experienced this today? Usually I have zero issues.
    Not today but I did a week or so ago. I am also on T-Mobile with an unlocked Priv. This is not usual for me either.
    chuckiev79 and dean_josephson like this.
    02-04-17 12:24 AM
    I think every carrier drops the occasional text, but it's very rare, < once a year. 3 in one day is very excessive. You could call TMo, but I doubt they will admit to anything.
    I'm not TMo, but maybe more of their customers will chime in and give you some ammunition. Or it could be a localized fluke and you'll never get an answer.
    For what it's worth, AT&T dropped one from my wife about a month ago, prior to that it was at least a year.
    02-05-17 08:58 AM
    This is why most people have moved on to instant messengers. SMS is unreliable.

SMS is guaranteed to be delivered, but when it gets delivered isn't. It could come whenever it likes. Instant messages are guaranteed to be delivered instantly.

I remember being told this years ago. That's when I made the switch to using IM over SMS. That plus carriers seem to not give a damn when you call to complain.
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    02-05-17 09:44 AM