I don't understand a whole lot about computers and even less about fons , however I do know it when someone's trying to pull something a little shady and that's what I believe Verizon is doing . As soon as I signed up to be notified when I could by a priv I started getting inundated with advertisements to buy a differant phone from Verizon and after asking I find this is happening to everyone I know who has did the same as I . Has this happened to outhers? Thank You , Lou
    01-26-16 01:04 AM
    Dude turn that auto correct on.

Anyway, yeah Verizon is evil. I don't believe in the supernatural but if there was a devil, it would have a checkmark in its logo.
    Jonneh and xspiritdannyx like this.
    01-26-16 01:15 AM
    That's because the form you signed up for, although you got to it from searching Priv, is their general catch all email sign up.

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-26-16 07:10 AM
    There is usually a little box you deselect that says something along the lines of.....

"Would you like to receive our news letter and any other promotional items from (insert company name)."

If you didn't deselect that box while signing up for the notification, then you'll get every advertisement under the sun from Verizon.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-26-16 07:46 AM
    I signed up for that, too. But unlike you I have received zero emails from Verizon. The sign up page does say it's for all notifications of offers and such for your FYI.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 08:51 AM
    very informative - if were we are working had better att coverage we would switch our company , but its spotty up there in northern pa.
    01-26-16 09:56 AM