Or, the distribution may even have been outsourced to a company that doesn't give a crap that the handsets are in the stores before your preorder. Even worse, they might consider a preorder to have less priority than having them available in stores on day one.
    "Bingo"! You guessed it! Retailers and Amazon get 1st dibs on the whole first shipment!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard
    11-06-15 04:13 PM
    @Ron

And you could have gotten wireless charging on the ATt model.

Go back and pick up the ATt model and return the SBB when it arrives.

The wireless charger for the Classic will work with the Priv!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Apparently ShopBB US versions of the Priv have wireless charging as well. The CA version doesn't, however.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:20 PM
    Apparently ShopBB US versions of the Priv have wireless charging as well. The CA version doesn't, however.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they do. All ShopBlackberry devices (CAN and US) are STV100-1 models with wireless charging.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Last edited by conite; 11-06-15 at 04:40 PM.
    11-06-15 04:29 PM
    Exactly. BlackBerry was very clear that they would START shipping the pre-orders on and after the 6th. To expect anything else is to show your inability to read. Then throwing a diaper tantrum on a public forum?...You're gonna get called out.
    Whoa! You've been on Crackberry all of NINE posts spouting this nonsense! His beef is legitimate. He understands how a business SHOULD be properly run! Pre orders SHOULD have been given priority and consideration. Especially long time BlackBerry supporters!

Slow your roll with the ad hominem name-calling and the disrespect!

Better yet, go run a successful business with long time customers, stake your credibility on BlackBerry delivering to your peer group who have discretionary income to buy sight unseen and then reevaluate your position.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    11-06-15 04:38 PM
    My salvation for a long day, the best fish and chips in town.

Not a Happy Camper at the Moment No Pre Order & AT&T has them in Stock!!!!!!!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1446849814.100102.jpg
    kbz1960, howarmat and kertong like this.
    11-06-15 04:44 PM
    That I have a problem with as I'm not getting to eat any of it!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-06-15 04:48 PM
    No, I don't think I misunderstood. You're complaining that a different brand/type of phone is in stock but your other brand phone isn't.
    It's like you expect them to convert AT&T units to T-Mobile units to flexibly change their stock after they are manufactured. No, they take orders from distributors and allocate phones to those orders months in advance. There was simply too much demand for T-Mobile type phones.

I went for Prime Rib the other night. They had some medium well left but no medium rare. Look over at another table, and there is a guy eating the medium well prime rib even though I sat down first! How dare they, I've been eating there for years!
    Sorry but you did misunderstand what I said and I pre ordered a factory unlocked version so I won't have any issues and I will leave it at that.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-06-15 04:48 PM
    Read some of my post, they could not guarantee they could unlock the device right away because of some agreement and I might have to wait two months before they could unlock it so I was not going to risk 700 and tax to find out.
    I guess compared to my experience buying a BlackBerry Priv you are not having the smoothest experience. I upgraded in-store albeit not with your wireless carrier instead of on-line with my carrier. I got a better deal on the device upgrade and spent a pleasant hour with an attractive young woman. ;-)
    11-06-15 04:55 PM
    Whoa! You've been on Crackberry all of NINE posts spouting this nonsense! His beef is legitimate. He understands how a business SHOULD be properly run! Pre orders SHOULD have been given priority and consideration. Especially long time BlackBerry supporters!
    Has BlackBerry ever released a new smartphone and delivered it to directly to end-users on the release day? Even the BlackBerry PlayBook when pre-ordered was not delivered until days later. For those lucky few with same-day or overnight delivery they are the exception unless you walk into a wireless carrier's store and buy it on release day.
    11-06-15 05:00 PM
    I guess compared to my experience buying a BlackBerry Priv you are not having the smoothest experience. I upgraded in-store albeit not with your wireless carrier instead of on-line with my carrier. I got a better deal on the device upgrade and spent a pleasant hour with an attractive young woman. ;-)
    The problem is my carrier T Mobile is not officially carrying the Priv as of yet as to why I pre ordered a factory unlocked model from Blackberry.
    11-06-15 05:03 PM
    It's 750 at ATT. It's 700 from blackberry. Your call.

11-06-15 05:07 PM
    The problem is my carrier T Mobile is not officially carrying the Priv as of yet as to why I pre ordered a factory unlocked model from Blackberry.
    Well here's to hoping you get your BlackBerry Priv early next week. You will be pleasantly surprised. The only feature I am missing besides full BlackBerry Hub integration is the lack of fine-grain application permissions which are slated for Google Android Marshmellow. In the meantime, read everything you can find on the BlackBerry Priv website to pass the time. All BlackBerry smartphones should be unlocked at point of manufacture; the shenanigans of the wireless carriers is annoying.
    11-06-15 05:10 PM
    It's 750 at ATT. It's 700 from blackberry. Your call.

Again, I was going to pull the trigger and buy one right there on the spot full retail and have AT&T unlock it.

But, because of some agreement with the carrier, unlock codes will not be available from AT&T for 60-90 days so that idea went right out the window.

I use T Mobile so the AT&T model would have to be unlocked for me to use it.
    11-06-15 05:12 PM
    Has BlackBerry ever released a new smartphone and delivered it to directly to end-users on the release day? Even the BlackBerry PlayBook when pre-ordered was not delivered until days later. For those lucky few with same-day or overnight delivery they are the exception unless you walk into a wireless carrier's store and buy it on release day.
    If I was in charge (which I am not) I would rather delay the launch a few weeks, stock pile 25% of what is expected to sell in the past worst 3 months in history and give "white glove treatment" to everyone who pre-ordered the device. PERIOD

I respect the OP and his fish and chips. All the others calling out whiners, wish they did not exist.
    bakron1 and kertong like this.
    11-06-15 05:12 PM
    Well here's to hoping you get your BlackBerry Priv early next week. You will be pleasantly surprised. The only feature I am missing besides full BlackBerry Hub integration is the lack of fine-grain application permissions which are slated for Google Android Marshmellow. In the meantime, read everything you can find on the BlackBerry Priv website to pass the time. All BlackBerry smartphones should be unlocked at point of manufacture; the shenanigans of the wireless carriers is annoying.
    Based on your input, I can't wait to get my device. I haven't received any email confirming shipping as of 6:00 PM today.

I am hoping they will start shipping devices on Monday, but who knows!!!
    11-06-15 05:16 PM
    If I was in charge (which I am not) I would rather delay the launch a few weeks, stock pile 25% of what is expected to sell in the past worst 3 months in history and give "white glove treatment" to everyone who pre-ordered the device. PERIOD

I respect the OP and his fish and chips. All the others calling out whiners, wish they did not exist.
    Well BlackBerry did beat my 2016Q2 estimate for launch of the BlackBerry Priv. Maybe they are starting to heed lessons of the past if only marginally. Now if they keep updating BlackBerry Android OS and bring us fine-grained permissions as well as full BlackBerry Hub integration many of us will breathe a sigh of relief.
    11-06-15 05:31 PM
    My salvation for a long day, the best fish and chips in town.
    You: Pardon me...I ordered fish and chips like 30 minutes ago? I see other people who came after me are eating theirs.
    Them: Oh, you wanted to eat it now? I'll see what we can do. I the meantime, why don't you enjoy your nice new smartphone so you won't be as hungry?
    oarad ismam likes this.
    11-06-15 06:01 PM
    I preordered too and didn't get it yet but you'll get a car charger and case worth 70$ that they shouldn't offer because it clearly said shipping will start on NOV 6 so stop whining man,

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:14 PM
    I preordered too and didn't get it yet but you'll get a car charger and case worth 70$ that they shouldn't offer because it clearly said shipping will start on NOV 6 so stop whining man,

Posted via CB10
    I am not whining, I making a point and the last time I checked my calendar, today's the 6th and no shipping confirmation as of the end of business today.
    kertong likes this.
    11-06-15 06:19 PM
    I am not whining, I making a point and the last time I checked my calendar, today's the 6th and no shipping confirmation as of the end of business today.
    Fair enough, the pre-orders should have been shipped and confirmed as such by now. Oh well.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-06-15 06:22 PM
    Obviously you won't get any shipping confirmation until Monday. I bet by Monday we will get a shipping confirmation. also before I pre ordered I knew this would happen because they said it will start shipping on NOV 6 and when I checked the calender it was a Friday so I knew even with a shipping confirmation I won't get the phone until Tuesday or wednesday but still I choose to preorder.. kindly enough they offered 70$ worth of accessories which they shouldn't have done so all is good man.

Am happy I would still use my passport SE for a couple of days and enjoy BB10 before moving to android

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:26 PM
    kindly enough they offered 70$ worth of accessories which they shouldn't have done so all is good man.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree, they offered the accessories because they messed up, it's an apology.

Posted via CB10
    John Doe99 and kbz1960 like this.
    11-06-15 06:31 PM
    I would have preferred the flip case as an apology gift.
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-06-15 06:34 PM
    I can sympathize with your anger, however unfortunately for us, BlackBerry has always been poor at fulfilling orders and always late to the party. Too bad that they're still using Digital River to handle and ship the orders as mine was suppose to ship (or arrive) today as well.

I emailed them to cancel the hard slider case that I had ordered with the Priv so that I wouldn't end up with 2 of them. They replied that it would be difficult to do that as the order were in the "fulfillment stage" and couldn't be changed or cancelled. My guess would be sipping over the weekend or Monday for the first batch of pre-orders so we should get them next week?

Have a good weekend anyway and the fish and chips looked really good.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:36 PM
    I disagree, they offered the accessories because they messed up, it's an apology.

Posted via CB10
    Basically! They messed up this launch like they did the Classic! After I got my Amazon Classics 2 days after ordering, my pre-ordered shopbb Classics came in Jan!!! And of coarse I sent them back for a full refund!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    11-06-15 06:37 PM
164 ... 23456 ...