They will push high security patches. Upgrades like to core OS like Marshmallow will still go thru carriers for their sold devices.
    That makes a lot more sense! Thanks for clearing that up.
    11-06-15 01:08 PM
    Yeah, can understand the frustration for sure here (living it). Was really excited to get this phone on launch day or at most the day after...but losing hope here. Do not think this should be a pre-order experience, but we are front of the line and anyone who orders from BB direct now has to wait until end of Nov... Carrier having it likely since yesterday (1-5 devices only) was carefully orchestrated, why the heck could we not have gotten the same respect? If today is launch day, they could have shipped last night and there would be limited risk of anyone getting it same day and releasing a premature online review (since they seemed to have held the reviewers back from submitting until 12AM this morning!). I just don't get the strategy here...

It's a screw up non-the-less...Here's hoping to our phones getting shipped out at least today...BlackBerry kept their promise to ship AFTER the 6th...Good job BB, we're proud.
    Cancel your order then and give up the freemium items that they notified those of us that did pre order from shopBB will get. oh hope you are happy with the ATT locked device and bloat along with no wireless charging thats what you will get from ATT. which is exactly why I will wait it out my status shows boxed shipment which means that its ready to go i will be happy to wait an extra day or two vs getting a carrier version and I have ATT services.
    11-06-15 01:09 PM
    with no wireless charging thats what you will get from ATT. which is exactly why I will wait it out .
    At&t wil load bloat as soon as you insert your sim and have updates enabled...that's what happened to my unlocked Passport. Not sure if that will be the case with the Priv.

From Bla1ze's review..

"... information we confirmed with BlackBerry, several times, is that all Shop BlackBerry and U.S. carrier released Priv's will come with wireless charging. Canadian carrier released versions, however, will not have wireless charging."

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-06-15 01:10 PM
    Listen folks, he wants the folks up there in Waterloo to know he's not a happy folk. Folks like this folk who is part of the pre order folks should be one of the folks with the device in his hand, folks.

Folks.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:11 PM
    Same here. Not even a delivery update from Shop BlackBerry. So I went to my local AT&T store here in Reno and bought the only one they had. Once my other shows up, I may give it to a family member if they want it or just send it back.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:12 PM
    I get what you're saying Bakron. I'm going to take advantage of the Priv being at AT&T and go try to play with one in person. It will be my first time to use a BlackBerry before having one mailed to me in years.

Edit: just play with one. I'll still order one online once I see what TMO does in the next couple weeks.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-06-15 01:12 PM
    That what i did....
    11-06-15 01:14 PM
    The one i purchased at att clearly states wireless charging...
    11-06-15 01:16 PM
    The one i purchased at att clearly states wireless charging...
    Yep AT&T has wireless charging as do all the -1 models being sent to the US. Same model phone.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-06-15 01:18 PM
    Why not cancel the order and pick one up in the store?

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    Because the device is locked to AT&T and I use T-Mobile and I don't know what type of an agreement they made with Blackberry when it comes to unlocking the device? Typically you have to wait 3-6 months before the carrier will issue the unlock code, but I don't know for sure and not willing to shell out 700+ and not be able to get the device unlocked. Not the point, Blackberry blew it, period.
    11-06-15 01:21 PM
    You whine too much

Posted via CB10
    Looking at your post count, you haven't been on this site long enough to know anything about me! When you have went through the dismal launch of OS10 and watched a once dominant company you supported loose 98% of it's market share because of complacency and a lack of vision to what the consumer was asking for, then tell me I complain to much.
    11-06-15 01:31 PM
    I agree. Isn't the point of Pre ordering so you have it right away, before anyone else?
    11-06-15 01:33 PM
    Listen folks, he wants the folks up there in Waterloo to know he's not a happy folk. Folks like this folk who is part of the pre order folks should be one of the folks with the device in his hand, folks.

Folks.

Posted via CB10
    I took "ships November 6th" to mean the day they send them off, not arrive. Even CrackBerry reported "Shipments are scheduled to begin on Nov. 6." Trying to coordinate a world wide arrival date of 11/6 is possible, but talk about a logistical headache. Even Apple has trouble getting it right. And what if phones arrived early?

Didn't Beard say they were orders, not pre-orders and by the way, why is it still listed as a pre-order if the phone has already launched today?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:37 PM
    I'm kind of curious what happened,

Digital River again?
    Blackberry not make enough devices? (JK lol)

Oh well, yay an included case and car charger woo!

Although I was looking forward to it today lol

Reading/watching all the hands-on unboxing and reviews...

Addicted....mmm Crackberry Priv
    OK so I found out that if you buy from Att not only it cost more but you have to be with them for at least 2 months before you can unlocked your device,so in went ahead and pulled the trigger at shop BlackBerry and sure enough I have to wait until 11/23 to have it shipped....you did it again BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    John Doe99 and LoneStarRed like this.
    So when did everyone on here pre-order?, from what I can tell, none have shipped from Shopbb yet, which means none were reserved to be at shopbb on launch day. Strange. Ill take the free case and charger I suppose, but I wouldve rather had the 50 bucks they charge for them off the price of the phone (I dont use cases and already ordered a sleeve)

Side note- I predict a shortage (backorder) of hard shell Priv cases in the near future lol.

Posted via CB10
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-06-15 01:38 PM
    I'm not sure why people have an issue with the OP's frustrations? I would be very disappointed if I were in his shoes. When did questioning someone's unhappiness become the cool thing to do?

Posted via CB10
    twbtr, Ihauntu2, Deanig_12 and 1 others like this.
    11-06-15 01:39 PM
    Bakron. I have followed your posts for years and respect your opinion. It would have been nice to get the Flagship on launch day.

But...looking forward to the free case and charger!

It's not the "Newest"phone but I still have my trusty SE Passport

Kindest regards

SQW 100-4 / 10.3.2.2789
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-06-15 01:39 PM
    I understand your point and I am okay waiting a few days on my pre-order but in truth...
    If you can ship phones to storefronts on Nov-6, why couldn't the pre-orders have been shipped prior to that date and estimated arrival on Nov-6..?
    11-06-15 01:41 PM
    I understand your point and I am okay waiting a few days on my pre-order but in truth...
    If you can ship phones to storefronts on Nov-6, why couldn't the pre-orders have been shipped prior to that date and estimated arrival on Nov-6..?
    Or at the very least shipped on the 6th, getting pretty late in the day, no confirmations ive seen yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:42 PM
    Do something productive with the nice weather this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    Define "nice." This weekend in Seattle is RAIN!
    11-06-15 01:45 PM
    Did you order from shopBB?

Every posted image I've seen from others that pre-ordered pretty much specifically stated that the orders will go out on the 6th. And those that ordered late (after the initial batch was spoken for) will have theirs shipped out on the 9th.

It's not like this was a secret. It was talked about all over this forum.

I didn't order one yet, but I knew the deal just by reading about it here.

It's not like Amazon shipping a Blu-ray that's been manufactured and warehoused for a couple months before release.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:45 PM
    Bakron. I have followed your posts for years and respect your opinion. It would have been nice to get the Flagship on launch day.

But...looking forward to the free case and charger!

It's not the "Newest"phone but I still have my trusty SE Passport

Kindest regards

SQW 100-4 / 10.3.2.2789
    Thanks and I greatly appreciate you following my post, I have always tried to be fair, just disgusted at the moment.
    11-06-15 01:52 PM
    At least you were able to check it out at your store. Walked into my AT&T store at around 1PM to check it out and, despite the giant Priv poster on the wall directly in front of you when you walk in, they didn't even bother to put out the display model. Told me to come back in an hour. lol
    bakron1 and Deanig_12 like this.
    11-06-15 01:53 PM
    At least you were able to check it out at your store. Walked into my AT&T store at around 1PM to check it out and, despite the giant Priv poster on the wall directly in front of you when you walk in, they didn't even bother to put out the display model. Told me to come back in an hour. lol
    It is a beautiful device and a great screen, the AT&T demo made the user experience a little rough, but overall I love it.

Glad I didn't buy one and have it unlocked through AT&T and then been told I would have to wait two months.
    11-06-15 01:56 PM
164 1234 ...