They made it easy for you to cancel you preorder? Hmm, I wonder if this means that none of the pre-orders have been packaged yet. Also, you could just buy it from an ATT store if you wanted.

Posted via CB10
    You are right, NONE of the pre-orders have gone out. They are still producing the 2nd batch, which is the pre-order batch.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    11-07-15 11:16 AM
    My order has been shipped!! Will be deleivered on Tuesday with a charger and a case worth70$
    Attached Thumbnails Not a Happy Camper at the Moment No Pre Order & AT&T has them in Stock!!!!!!!-img_20151108_020713.png  
    11-07-15 04:08 PM
    My order has been shipped!! Will be deleivered on Tuesday with a charger and a case worth70$
    I am happy for you and enjoy
    11-07-15 04:15 PM
    Wow. I ordered 6 days earlier and still nothing for me. Glad your getting yours but it does leave my mouth a little salty knowing this is how shopBB is handling it
    11-07-15 04:15 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more that Blackberry should find some company other then DR to handle their orders.

I would have at least liked to have heard something from DR telling me my order is being prep for shipping?

But as of 6PM this evening, all I have received is the email thanking me about being loyal and the free case and charger and that's it. Oh well.
    NewEgg isn't perfect, but they are 1000X better than DR. They have Canada and USA presence, North American phone support, etc. I really hope BB is able to change their shopping partner in the near future to someone like NewEgg or Amazon.
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-07-15 05:18 PM
    Wow. I ordered 6 days earlier and still nothing for me. Glad your getting yours but it does leave my mouth a little salty knowing this is how shopBB is handling it
    Yep, I ordered within minutes, nothing but I called and they said it shipped yesterday. The case I ordered a week later shipped today. They also tried to convince me Fedex was closed so I wouldn't get tracking until Monday. Came close to cancelling like OP.
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-07-15 05:34 PM
    Found the shipping email in my junk folder though

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:45 PM
    I really think is too much drama for a few days, but it is ok, personally I would prefer the gifts and wait a little more, is not like a dead or life case right here, of course if other companies can do it, BB should do it, but at the end is only a smartphone.
    11-09-15 09:00 AM
    Found the shipping email in my junk folder though

Posted via CB10
    I still haven't received my shipping notice. And my credit card charge is still pending, as is common for pre-ordered items.

I called Digital River, and was told that it's the job of the shipping warehouse at this point. They don't have much access, but he assured me that it would be shipped today. I hope so.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 10:34 AM
    I still haven't received my shipping notice. And my credit card charge is still pending, as is common for pre-ordered items.

I called Digital River, and was told that it's the job of the shipping warehouse at this point. They don't have much access, but he assured me that it would be shipped today. I hope so.

Posted via CB10
    Makes me wonder if DR can properly execute a new product launch? I became suspicious when they would not commit to shipping my pre order out this week on Saturday when I called and they said things where backed up in the system?

Not good when you have folks going in buying your brand new product from a retailer and you have folks who committed to buying the device without seeing it weeks ago still waiting to get at least a shipping confirmation days after the launch? Sorry folks, but as a business person this is unacceptable.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    11-09-15 11:03 AM
    It may not just be DR's fault (although I too would be quick to judge, based on prior experience.) There just may not have been as many STV100-1s manufactured, and BB may have chosen to route them (all, it seems like) to AT&T first. But this happens with the almighty, can't-be-wrong Apple too (hold your gasps, people):

According to the iPhone 6S Pre-Order Tracker, which scrapes Apple's online outlet to determine which models, storage configurations and carrier options are backordered and by how long, the 5.5-in. iPhone 6S Plus currently has a three-to-four-week delay between ordering and shipping in the U.S., Australia, China, Japan and the U.K.
    iPhone 6S hits retail amid online shortages and profiteering | Computerworld

In other words, Apple's iPhone 6S orders in Canada, for example, were prioritized over the US, Australia and Japan (all five countries get the same model.) So replace the poor OP with someone ordering an unlocked iPhone in the US, and AT&T with....Saskel, and you would have the same situation: some people not getting their phones while others having no problems.

Another report that shows Apple's **** does in fact stink: 'We're sorry:' Apple experiences numerous iPhone 6 preorder problems from crushing demand

And would you believe it...they have had inventory/delivery issues in the past too? Apple Apologizes For iPhone 4 Pre-Order Screw Ups | PCWorld

Looks like some among us need to go to bed even earlier.
    _tC likes this.
    11-09-15 05:51 PM
    It may not just be DR's fault (although I too would be quick to judge, based on prior experience.) There just may not have been as many STV100-1s manufactured, and BB may have chosen to route them (all, it seems like) to AT&T first. But this happens with the almighty, can't-be-wrong Apple too (hold your gasps, people):

iPhone 6S hits retail amid online shortages and profiteering | Computerworld

In other words, Apple's iPhone 6S orders in Canada, for example, were prioritized over the US, Australia and Japan (all five countries get the same model.) So replace the poor OP with someone ordering an unlocked iPhone in the US, and AT&T with....Saskel, and you would have the same situation: some people not getting their phones while others having no problems.

Another report that shows Apple's **** does in fact stink: 'We're sorry:' Apple experiences numerous iPhone 6 preorder problems from crushing demand

And would you believe it...they have had inventory/delivery issues in the past too? Apple Apologizes For iPhone 4 Pre-Order Screw Ups | PCWorld

Looks like some among us need to go to bed even earlier.
    Blackberry is not in the same position as Apple, granted Apple has had some shortage issues, BUT I am willing to bet when someone pre orders a Apple device, 98% of them get their device on launch day or a day after. Not 3-4 days after the launch and not even tracking numbers telling you your device has been shipped.

Bottom line is Blackberry is in a brand image rebuilding phase and has to do things better then their competitors if they expect to draw folks back to the brand.

I am sorry to say that not getting the pre order Priv's to the customers at on the official launch day or at least shipped on the 6th is not a good start to improving your image.
    11-09-15 06:18 PM
    Blackberry is not in the same position as Apple, granted Apple has had some shortage issues, BUT I am willing to bet when someone pre orders a Apple device, 98% of them get their device on launch day or a day after. Not 3-4 days after the launch and not even tracking numbers telling you your device has been shipped.

Bottom line is Blackberry is in a brand image rebuilding phase and has to do things better then their competitors if they expect to draw folks back to the brand.

I am sorry to say that not getting the pre order Priv's to the customers at on the official launch day or at least shipped on the 6th is not a good start to improving your image.
    For big launches like the flagship phone, Apple seems to set aside a certain amount of inventory specifically for the pre-orders. This amount can be sold out sooner or later, depending on demand. But you know when you place your order. The website tells you expected delivery before you order, and then again after the order is placed. And you can check it any time.

Eg. if you are one of the fanatics who orders at a minute after midnight when pre-orders open, you get it delivered right on launch day. If you wait till the next day, maybe you do, maybe you don't. If you don't though, it'll say. For instance, 'expected to ship in 2 - 3 weeks' means you missed out on the pre-order inventory and have to wait for the second / third round of shipments.

Sure there's hiccups now and then, and say what you will about their devices or iOS, but apple seems to have their logistics nailed.

The BlackBerry / Digital River / nameless-warehouse-guys-we-can't-follow-up-with show is, dare I say it, Amateur Hour.
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-09-15 06:37 PM

Absolutely. No arguments here. The ball was dropped somewhere, by someone (maybe DR, maybe BB, but ultimately it's on BB.) But I will say that there are good ways of handling delays, and bad ways of handling delays. Offering freebies is a good gesture.

Exactly! And even Apple--the company that has been known to hog the supply chain--has issues. That was my whole point. I'll leave the 98% fulfillment rate stat because it's anecdotal and no way anyone outside Apple would know.
    11-09-15 06:44 PM
164 ... 567