I preordered too and didn't get it yet but you'll get a car charger and case worth 70$ that they shouldn't offer because it clearly said shipping will start on NOV 6 so stop whining man,

Posted via CB10
    always wondered why BB users have such low standards and expectations. Preorder means that the device will be at your door step the day it is released not when they feel they want to ship it.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    11-06-15 11:17 PM
    always wondered why BB users have such low standards and expectations. Preorder means that the device will be at your door step the day it is released not when they feel they want to ship it.
    And have uninformed reps handling order status...being told that it will 14 days for it delivered after shipment just adds fuel to the fire.
    11-06-15 11:25 PM
    Lay off the kool-aid, mate.
    When a thread shows up from a loyal CrackBerrian who preordered and is venting that people are strolling into the AT&T store to to pick up the Priv while he has no confirmation about when his might eventually ship, apparently, the first reaction by some is to go in and figure out why he shouldn't be complaining. Why not let the guy be p.o.'d? Who's drinking the Kool-Aid, here?

There's an obvious dynamic going on here - BlackBerry still considers carriers like AT&T to be the customer. Online retailers are customers too but not as important as carriers. One of the main points in Losing the Signal is that Jim Balsillie considered Verizon to the the customer and didn't want to overload their network with data traffic.

As the buzz about the Priv builds, BlackBerry gets their online retailer to start taking preorders. Do you get the feeling that anyone is being held accountable for filling them in a satisfactory way? Do they think that preordering customers just say no big deal - the device will eventually show up?
    11-06-15 11:51 PM
    When a thread shows up from a loyal CrackBerrian who preordered and is venting that people are strolling into the AT&T store to to pick up the Priv while he has no confirmation about when his might eventually ship, apparently, the first reaction by some is to go in and figure out why he shouldn't be complaining. Why not let the guy be p.o.'d? Who's drinking the Kool-Aid, here?

There's an obvious dynamic going on here - BlackBerry still considers carriers like AT&T to be the customer. Online retailers are customers too but not as important as carriers. One of the main points in Losing the Signal is that Jim Balsillie considered Verizon to the the customer and didn't want to overload their network with data traffic.

As the buzz about the Priv builds, BlackBerry gets their online retailer to start taking preorders. Do you get the feeling that anyone is being held accountable for filling them in a satisfactory way? Do they think that preordering customers just say no big deal - the device will eventually show up?
    Your concerns are def justified. I too, thought I was put #1 as a pre-order customer with my Classic last year..sad to say all pre-order customers come 3rd behind Carriers and Amazon.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    LiterallyLogan likes this.
    11-07-15 12:38 AM
    Oh I'm not saying the guy does not have a right to be POed. Personally, I don't think it's that big a deal but then, it's not my money on the line so my opinion is ultimately irrelevant. But at the same time, I'm not making **** up like "Apple...[orchestrates] their launch events to make the customer experience as good as possible."

As Apple's new iPhone 6S an 6S Plus went on sale today in the company's retail stores, the smartphones remain backordered for weeks when purchased online.

The situation was the norm for Apple, which typically is short of inventory of new iPhones for weeks, sometimes months.
    So is your memory short or selective?
    11-07-15 12:38 AM
    Oh I'm not saying the guy does not have a right to be POed. Personally, I don't think it's that big a deal but then, it's not my money on the line so my opinion is ultimately irrelevant. But at the same time, I'm not making **** up like "Apple...[orchestrates] their launch events to make the customer experience as good as possible."
    Apple absolutely does manage their launches. iPhone preorders usually begin 2-3 weeks before release starting at midnight Pacific time. That supremely inconvenient time means that die-hards who stay up to place their orders during the first hour are usually the only ones to receive their phone on launch day. Everyone, however, gets an estimated delivery date and can, therefore, decide whether or not to stand in line on launch day.

UPS and other carriers man their delivery warehouses with extra staff that night to distribute the iPhones to customers who missed their delivery on launch day. They wouldn't be doing that if Apple didn't insist on that kind of delivery service. Anyone who has ordered from the Apple Store knows how it works. I pretty much know that I will be getting my iPad Pro delivered on Friday, November 13 because a couple of retailers have leaked the launch day and, even though Apple Store orders haven't started, if I get mine in, UPS will deliver it to my office on Friday the same day the retailers have it.

The point is that their launch day events are managed from the online orders to retail store. Most people don't care but your best customers do. It's similar to the packaging presentation that we have all come to expect. Most people don't care but you do it to signal to your customer that you are paying attention to the details of the experience so if the box is like that then the actual product must have been designed and built with care.

I remember buying a Palm PDA hanging in a blister pack at Best Buy thinking I guess they don't give a s*** anymore about these things. I'll bet it's a piece of crap. And it was. Similarly, the OP is probably thinking that BlackBerry takes its fans for granted and doesn't really care when the earliest preorders are delivered. Apparently, it's not their problem.
    Last edited by early2bed; 11-07-15 at 01:34 AM.
    11-07-15 01:06 AM
    Apple absolutely does manage their launches. iPhone preorders usually begin 2-3 weeks before release starting at midnight Pacific time. That supremely inconvenient time means that die-hards who stay up to place their orders during the first hour are usually the only ones to receive their phone on launch day. Everyone, however, gets an estimated delivery date and can, therefore, decide whether or not to stand in line on launch day.

UPS and other carriers man their delivery warehouses with extra staff that night to distribute the iPhones to customers who missed their delivery on launch day. They wouldn't be doing that if Apple didn't insist on that kind of delivery service. Anyone who has ordered from the Apple Store knows how it works. I pretty much know that I will be getting my iPad Pro delivered on Friday, November 13 because a couple of retailers have leaked the launch day and, even though Apple Store orders haven't started, if I get mine in, UPS will deliver it to my office on Friday the same day the retailers have it.

The point is that their launch day events are managed from the online orders to retail store. Most people don't care but your best customers do. It's similar to the packaging presentation that we have all come to expect. Most people don't care but you do it to signal to your customer that you are paying attention to the details of the experience so if the box is like that then the actual product must have been designed and built with care.

I remember buying a Palm PDA hanging in a blister pack at Best Buy thinking I guess they don't give a s*** anymore about these things. I'll bet it's a piece of crap. And it was. Similarly, the OP is probably thinking that BlackBerry takes its fans for granted and doesn't really care when the earliest preorders are delivered. Apparently, it's not their problem.
    YOU GET IT!! Satisfy the emotional desire and you have a fan for life! Make them FEEL SPECIAL and they will come back!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    11-07-15 02:14 AM
    Lol I'm actually laughing at all the people who pre ordered the Priv. I was tempted but was patient. Walked into AT&T today and bought it with ease. Patience is a virtue homie.
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-07-15 02:26 AM
    Lol I'm actually laughing at all the people who pre ordered the Priv. I was tempted but was patient. Walked into AT&T today and bought it with ease. Patience is a virtue homie.
    I'm laughing at all the people who miss the point. Reading between the lines and understanding the main point here is definitely rare. It's what separates the companies that have hundreds of billions in cash reserves and those that don't. Scaling it down, it's what keeps people coming back with no regard for price. Take any business! Make them FEEL VALUED AND SPECIAL and you have repeat customers for life who can't wait to tell others about how you made them feel. Rinse, repeat. Homie!

Ihauntu2 and LiterallyLogan like this.
    11-07-15 02:40 AM
    I'm laughing at all the people who miss the point. Reading between the lines and understanding the main point here is definitely rare. It's what separates the companies that have hundreds of billions in cash reserves and those that don't. Scaling it down, it's what keeps people coming back with no regard for price. Take any business! Make them FEEL VALUED AND SPECIAL and you have repeat customers for life who can't wait to tell others about how you made them feel. Rinse, repeat. Homie!

No dude, I get it. The pre-order peeps should of got their device today. But you all know Blackberry is retardedd and a horrible company when it comes to providing for their customers, so don't be shocked about it not being in your palms today, or shopBB even updating whats going on with the orders. Its not surprising to me knowing this company
    11-07-15 02:55 AM
    No dude, I get it. The pre-order peeps should of got their device today. But you all know Blackberry is retardedd and a horrible company when it comes to providing for their customers, so don't be shocked about it not being in your palms today, or shopBB even updating whats going on with the orders. Its not surprising to me knowing this company
    Ahh! Noted. I stand corrected. Thank You for the mature reply!

11-07-15 02:58 AM
    Although I'd wait a whole month, if I had to, to get a factory-unlocked device.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-07-15 04:42 AM
    We are in the same boat and I totally agree with you. I placed my pre-order within minutes of availability for November 6th shipping. When I heard rumors shipping was delayed I called and they confirmed the November 6th date. When an AT&T executive confirmed they would have them in store I called ShopBlackBerry again and they confirmed the November 6th shipping date for delivery in 1-2 business days. For an unlocked device I don't mind the several day wait. After I got the email yesterday thanking me for being such a valued customer blah, blah, blah I called a third time and I was told that due to demand my device would ship within 14 days. Shop BlackBerry is pathetic, they have no idea how to treat a valued customer and it is no wonder why so many people have abandoned BlackBerry. They make promises they can't keep and their customer service sucks. As a shareholder and owner of a Bold 9900, 5 Z10's, a Z30, Passport and Passport SE and a former BlackBerry advocate, I couldn't be more disappointed.
    lakes76 and Lobwedgephil like this.
    11-07-15 04:43 AM
    patience is a virtue you paid an extra 40 bux for a device locked to att and no freebies for waiting
    Jiggy1971 and LoneStarRed like this.
    11-07-15 07:29 AM
    I just spoke to a Digital River rep, and he told me that it would ship on Monday. He pressed him about the "within 14-day window" that he tried to sell me, but he said my pre-order should ship on monday and be delivered within next week. So they're being told to say 14 days, but for what reason, I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:09 AM
    I think in order to make the worldwide release they had to make commitments. Part of that is making sure the stores had phones to sell.

Relax man. It is worth the wait. I picked mine up from AT&T yesterday. I chose to wait it out and see if it made it to the store. You didn't. You are getting free stuff with yours. I didn't. You will enjoy it.
    11-07-15 08:19 AM
    Although I'd wait a whole month, if I had to, to get a factory-unlocked device.

It's minus some garbage apps and you can switch carriers but what else does that do for you?
    11-07-15 08:23 AM
    I think there are still $110 difference between AT&T and Shop Blackberry. Shop Blackberry will give you free Car charger and hard case, which is worth $70 (According to the official website $29.99 + $39.99). And the AT&T store cost $40 more than shop blackberry. Total is $110. So, maybe wait for the Priv from Shop Blackberry is not that bad~~~~
    Boom! You want 1st divs? Then pay more at the store. Also that At&t version is full of useless bloatware!

BB10 is Dead
    11-07-15 08:29 AM
    Well, I solved the issue this morning, I cancelled both my pre orders and told the folks at shop blackberry how I felt.

For all you out there who think I am a whiner, well I have been a loyal customer and supporter of the brand and this site for a very long time and enough is enough.

When Blackberry decides to get someone who can execute and distribute a product properly, then I will buy another device from them, never again.

What really shocks me is how the faithful on this forum support incompetence and complacency to the bitter end?

As a business person myself, if I where to treat my clients the way this company does, I would have been bankrupted a long time ago.

I will wait until my carrier T Mobile gets the device or I find a used unlocked model on Kijji in Canada and I can go to Windsor to pick it up.
    11-07-15 08:47 AM
    Holy 8 pages of this... really......
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-07-15 08:56 AM
    Well, I solved the issue this morning, I cancelled both my pre orders and told the folks at shop blackberry how I felt.
    I guess you can just order them again whenever they come in stock from wherever as there doesn't appear to have been any advantage to preordering other than the free accessories.

One of the trickiest aspects of marketing (Definition of marketing: The management process through which goods and services move from concept to the customer) is making the same product aspirational to some and a good value proposition to others. One of the easiest ways is by restricting your supply and extracting the highest price from customers who place a premium on first-mover exclusivity. Some people will pay to get it first. Later on, you fill your normal channels at whatever discount usually applies. Eventually, your product ends up in the bargain bin, often after your newer model is released.

ShopBlackBerry probably just got screwed because they and their customers just aren't as important as the carriers are, right now. Are they traditionally the official online retail outlet for BlackBerry or is just a company that fulfills online orders? It seems to be acting like the latter. It's an logical thing to outsource, however, if you put your company name all over it then you do need to manage what goes on.
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-07-15 09:10 AM

For all you out there who think I am a whiner, well I have been a loyal customer and supporter of the brand and this site for a very long time and enough is enough.

When Blackberry decides to get someone who can execute and distribute a product properly, then I will buy another device from them, never again.

What really shocks me is how the faithful on this forum support incompetence and complacency to the bitter end?

As a business person myself, if I where to treat my clients the way this company does, I would have been bankrupted a long time ago.

I will wait until my carrier T Mobile gets the device or I find a used unlocked model on Kijji in Canada and I can go to Windsor to pick it up.
    They made it easy for you to cancel you preorder? Hmm, I wonder if this means that none of the pre-orders have been packaged yet. Also, you could just buy it from an ATT store if you wanted.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:59 AM
    Bakron1,

I fell for your frustration and honestly BB have ruin its reputations from HERO to NOBODY... Anyway good choice and you should just go and choose another phone. PRIV is just another Android anyway and there are many good one out there that doesnt required you to wait.

I'm happy to leave the scene earlier since the last blunder that happen to BB Playbook and then BB10....
    11-07-15 10:00 AM
    It's minus some garbage apps and you can switch carriers but what else does that do for you?
    Direct updates from BlackBerry. Otherwise you have to depend on your carrier to both agree to, and to remain committed to, the first point below:

1) Android Monthly Security Updates:

BlackBerry will release these monthly updates to users that have purchased PRIV through shopblackberry.com and to PRIV resellers (carriers and other authorized dealers) that have agreed to participate in our regular monthly update program and facilitate rapid approval of our monthly updates for over-the-air (OTA) to subscribers.

2) Hotfix:

Depending on the severity of the problem, complexity of the fix, and timing relative to the monthly update cycle, BlackBerry will opt to perform a hotfix, where the code to address only the specific critical problem is pushed to customers. Because a hotfix is typically limited in scope, the balance between a longer testing and approval process and the risk from the critical flaw makes this approach an important addition to helping keep users safe and secure.

11-07-15 10:04 AM

👏 good for you I did the exact same thing last year and re-ordered the second Amazon put it up for sale! Had the amazon order in 2 days! Shopbb phones came 2 months after release!

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    11-07-15 11:14 AM
164 ... 4567