My salvation for a long day, the best fish and chips in town.

Attachment 379321
    Come up to Toronto for some real haddock 'n chips...
    mmk1954 likes this.
    11-06-15 06:52 PM
    Sorry but you did misunderstand what I said and I pre ordered a factory unlocked version so I won't have any issues and I will leave it at that.
    No, you misunderstood. Your replies are not replying to my actual posts and don't make sense in context. I fully understand you ordered from shopBB. You are complaining you don't have phone in hand while AT&T has a phone in their store.

But I will have to leave it at that, it's moot now.
    11-06-15 07:06 PM
    This guy has been crying since the initial leak. Go to AT&T and buy it. Plain and simple, remember it's not an iPhone, pre ordering does you nothing.
    11-06-15 07:15 PM
    Threads like these... half the people don't read more than a few words of each post then post the same advice over and over, "Buy it from AT&T" when he's said his carrier is TMO.

And it feels like half the people are BB worshipers / apologists. BB can do no wrong, if you have a gripe you're a troll or spoiled.

Maybe they're both the same half.

If I was in the OP's position, I'd be pissed off too. BB took pre-orders for the device before any reviews were even out, let people put up their $$ for a phone that they'd seen in some videos, pics, and leaks, and then left these most-eager customers hanging.

I just hope that the complaints here have been CC'ed directly to Chen and BlackBerry. They need to know that this sort of callousness towards their customers is pissing people off.
    bakron1, howarmat, kertong and 1 others like this.
    11-06-15 07:29 PM
    This guy has been crying since the initial leak. Go to AT&T and buy it. Plain and simple, remember it's not an iPhone, pre ordering does you nothing.
    You bring up a good point that this is not an iPhone, you are correct because Apple has something called execution and customer service and that's why they are one of the largest corporations in the world and folks line up to buy their products. Point taken.
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    11-06-15 07:31 PM
    So I think the OP has a right to be upset. I got curious about me not receiving a shipping confirmation for my pre-order (made the first day) so I called to inquire. The agent said to expect the phone in 14 days and then mentioned the apology offer of the case and car charger! If that is the true shipping time for the pre-orders, then that's very bad customer service. Fourteen days is not "a few days" as some post have stated.
    bakron1 and kertong like this.
    11-06-15 07:32 PM
    Threads like these... half the people don't read more than a few words of each post then post the same advice over and over, "Buy it from AT&T" when he's said his carrier is TMO.

And it feels like half the people are BB worshipers / apologists. BB can do no wrong, if you have a gripe you're a troll or spoiled.

If I was in the OP's position, I'd be pissed off too. BB took pre-orders for the device before any reviews were even out, let people put up their $$ for a phone that they'd seen in some videos, pics, and leaks, and then left these most-eager customers hanging.

I just hope that the complaints here have been CC'ed directly to Chen and BlackBerry. They need to know that this sort of callousness towards their customers is pissing people off.
    Finally someone gets it, have a great weekend.
    kertong likes this.
    11-06-15 07:33 PM

I don't see anyone left hanging, this is the first day of release, eh. I see the issue is that some people were expecting the phone to ARRIVE on the release date, while others expected it to SHIP (ie, me) on the release date. The ones who expected the phone in hand are the most pissed off, and the ones expecting it to be shipped are not.

This is just expectations management 101. I wouldn't ***** about this pre-order stuff as to me this is rational, I'd ***** about BlackBerry not finding a better partner than Digital River, who is responsible for the ordering system, shipping them out, and tracking, and this is really what the complaints are (lack of tracking), no?
    AdamThatsIt likes this.
    11-06-15 07:54 PM
    I called Shopblackberry and they confirmed my pre-order would ship today direct from the factory, and that we would get a confirmation soon. So while we didn't get it today, we don't have to wait till the 23rd like others that didn't "pre-order" before Nov 6th.

I would have preferred to get it today and understand your anger, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:57 PM
    Methinks all of BlackBerry fulfillment should be required to read "A Message To Garcia " and speak for three to five minutes on what the book's main theme means to their job!

Bar none!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    11-06-15 07:58 PM
    I don't see anyone left hanging, this is the first day of release, eh. I see the issue is that some people were expecting the phone to ARRIVE on the release date, while others expected it to SHIP (ie, me) on the release date. The ones who expected the phone in hand are the most pissed off, and the ones expecting it to be shipped are not.

This is just expectations management 101. I wouldn't ***** about this pre-order stuff as to me this is rational, I'd ***** about BlackBerry not finding a better partner than Digital River, who is responsible for the ordering system, shipping them out, and tracking, and this is really what the complaints are (lack of tracking), no?
    I couldn't agree with you more that Blackberry should find some company other then DR to handle their orders.

I would have at least liked to have heard something from DR telling me my order is being prep for shipping?

But as of 6PM this evening, all I have received is the email thanking me about being loyal and the free case and charger and that's it. Oh well.
    11-06-15 08:06 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more that Blackberry should find some company other then DR to handle their orders.

I would have at least liked to have heard something from DR telling me my order is being prep for shipping?

But as of 6PM this evening, all I have received is the email thanking me about being loyal and the free case and charger and that's it. Oh well.
    those chips looked frozen, not fresh
    11-06-15 08:10 PM
    those chips looked frozen, not fresh
    No sir, this place has been around since the 1950's and everything is homemade and the fries are hand cut from local grown potatoes. Been going there for over 40 years.
    11-06-15 08:20 PM
    I feel you Bakron, we are BlackBerry loyalist pre order without see the review or the full specs, don't bother with 2mp camera and yet disappointed with availability. ..
    11-06-15 08:23 PM
    Hmm, ordered mine from AT&T this afternoon, with free expedired delivery this Tues
    11-06-15 08:27 PM
    It's like loyalist is = high functioning asbergers. It's a phone, being disappointed because you "ordered" it before being available and it's not at your doorstep when you thought is a little disconcerting. Users like you make me hate CB forums.
    11-06-15 08:33 PM
    It's like loyalist is = high functioning asbergers. It's a phone, being disappointed because you "ordered" it before being available and it's not at your doorstep when you thought is a little disconcerting. Users like you make me hate CB forums.
    ewee
    11-06-15 08:34 PM
    Yep and thats why Apple and Samsung are making plies of money and are selling millions of devices a month and are number one in customer satisfaction and Blackberry is on the outside looking in!!! Blackberry for once could have made this product launch a very successful one and blew it.

It's not just me folks, a lot of my friends who pre ordered the Priv are more upset then I am and to make matters worse, I talked them into pre ordering the Priv because I believed Blackberry would deliver this time around!! The funny thing is the AT&T store I visited this morning only have ONE DEVICE in stock to sell? Unbelievable and there are still the faithful who will defend incompetence to the bitter end.
    A store a few blocks from the Univ of Washington in a very high end mall only had two in stock and the display model. BB is a company that canNOT afford to manufacture phones that will be surplussed if the phone is not a hit. That is just the way it is.
    AdamThatsIt likes this.
    11-06-15 09:05 PM
    Everything is amazing, And nobody is happy.
    -Puck- likes this.
    11-06-15 09:24 PM
    well once again bb fudged up what else is new, people need to stop making excuses for their incompetence
    11-06-15 09:28 PM
    It just shows a lack of attention to operations details. Most smartphone companies, especially Apple, orchestrate their launch events to make the customer experience as good as possible. I mean, your device is coming in a brown box so it's not like they have any other opportunity to make it a good experience.
    Lay off the kool-aid, mate.

iPhone 6S hits retail amid online shortages and profiteering | Computerworld
    11-06-15 09:36 PM
    I got mine. It's sitting right here, charging up! It wouldn't have mattered to me at all to wait, but I didn't. My carrier called me and had it all ready to go for me to pick up. Took 5 minutes and some small talk.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:05 PM
    The only time I would ever order a device online instead of getting it from my carrier is in situations like the Passport SE, which is sitting right here too. I'm surrounded by the things that make me happiest, dope a$$ BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    anon4226395 likes this.
    11-06-15 10:07 PM
    Only BlackBerry could make an android device I would ever consider owning.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:08 PM

You want quality? You might have to wait a day...terrifying I know.
    Since when quality = delay?
    11-06-15 10:45 PM
164 ... 34567