Think of it this way if someone asked you today.

We have a phone, but if you wait a week or 2 weeks, we will give you a free charger and free case.

Do you want it now? Or later?

Basically you have that choice now.

You can go to the store and get it and return the one that comes in 2 weeks. Or you can wait and get a free case and charger.

I'd personally wait. Though I am also pretty happy with my BlackBerry Passport right now

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:01 PM
    Yep and thats why Apple and Samsung are making plies of money and are selling millions of devices a month and are number one in customer satisfaction and Blackberry is on the outside looking in!!! Blackberry for once could have made this product launch a very successful one and blew it.

It's not just me folks, a lot of my friends who pre ordered the Priv are more upset then I am and to make matters worse, I talked them into pre ordering the Priv because I believed Blackberry would deliver this time around!! The funny thing is the AT&T store I visited this morning only have ONE DEVICE in stock to sell? Unbelievable and there are still the faithful who will defend incompetence to the bitter end.
    Yeah, THAT'S the reason Samsung and Apple sell Millions of phones...because they don't ever have a shipping delay...smh. You sound like my 6 year old niece when she doesn't get the ice cream cone she wants IMMEDIATELY.

You want fast food service? Go to McDonalds. You want quality? You might have to wait a day...terrifying I know.
    11-06-15 02:03 PM
    You sad because you have to wait for a day or two for your device and we can't even preorder the device and as per BlackBerry its not headed to india as of now.. I feel your frustration.. shall we see it in a few days idk, in near future maybe..

Posted via my awesome Passport
    11-06-15 02:04 PM
    Yeah, THAT'S the reason Samsung and Apple sell Millions of phones...because they don't ever have a shipping delay...smh. You sound like my 6 year old niece when she doesn't get the ice cream cone she wants IMMEDIATELY.

You want fast food service? Go to McDonalds. You want quality? You might have to wait a day...terrifying I know.
    Maybe you should look at the history of the company and their previous device launches and why they have lost most of their market share before you speak???
    11-06-15 02:09 PM
    Think of it this way if someone asked you today.

We have a phone, but if you wait a week or 2 weeks, we will give you a free charger and free case.

Do you want it now? Or later?

Basically you have that choice now.

You can go to the store and get it and return the one that comes in 2 weeks. Or you can wait and get a free case and charger.

I'd personally wait. Though I am also pretty happy with my BlackBerry Passport right now

Posted via CB10
    No, he said that he uses it on T-mobile. It was also stated if he bought it from AT&T, he would have to wait for two months before they would unlock it. That isn't much of a choice. If he wants a Priv, his only choice is to wait for shop blackberry.
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-06-15 02:16 PM
    I'm not sure why people have an issue with the OP's frustrations? I would be very disappointed if I were in his shoes. When did questioning someone's unhappiness become the cool thing to do?

Posted via CB10
    I only take issue with his personal offense, as if BlackBerry is doing it to slight him. He says he's been supporting BlackBerry for years and is upset they would do this to him when he could have jumped ship like the rest and get his stuff without issue...which is untrue as Google messed up the 6p launch recently.

It sounds spoiled. If he is so offended, he can go buy an iPhone. They have much better customer service, but much worse physical keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    11-06-15 02:38 PM
    I totally agree with Bakron1. The loyalists who put their faith in BlackBerry delivering by the 6th, let alone shipping on the 6th by committing to a pre-order, have every right to their complaints. They should have been first in line to receive their Privs before the carriers (or at least at the same time), not afterwards. Offering a case and charger is a nice gesture, but it does not make it okay for failing to honor their commitment. You'd think with this launch, BlackBerry would make it a nice seamless experience.

Posted via Classic SQC100-3 / 10.3.2.858
    11-06-15 02:41 PM
    I only take issue with his personal offense, as if BlackBerry is doing it to slight him. He says he's been supporting BlackBerry for years and is upset they would do this to him when he could have jumped ship like the rest and get his stuff without issue...which is untrue as Google messed up the 6p launch recently.

It sounds spoiled. If he is so offended, he can go buy an iPhone. They have much better customer service, but much worse physical keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. BlackBerry was very clear that they would START shipping the pre-orders on and after the 6th. To expect anything else is to show your inability to read. Then throwing a diaper tantrum on a public forum?...You're gonna get called out.
    Steve Rizla likes this.
    11-06-15 02:45 PM
    I think there are still $110 difference between AT&T and Shop Blackberry. Shop Blackberry will give you free Car charger and hard case, which is worth $70 (According to the official website $29.99 + $39.99). And the AT&T store cost $40 more than shop blackberry. Total is $110. So, maybe wait for the Priv from Shop Blackberry is not that bad~~~~
    11-06-15 02:53 PM
    Exactly. BlackBerry was very clear that they would START shipping the pre-orders on and after the 6th. To expect anything else is to show your inability to read. Then throwing a diaper tantrum on a public forum?...You're gonna get called out.
    Called out!!!! I have been writing both good and bad post of this forum for a long time and I respect everyones opinion whether I like it or not, you better look at the history of Blackberry and their previous launch failures to understand where I coming from, thats all. I am over it, going to have some fish and chips tonight, have a great weekend everyone.
    11-06-15 02:55 PM
    @Ron

And you could have gotten wireless charging on the ATt model.

Go back and pick up the ATt model and return the SBB when it arrives.

The wireless charger for the Classic will work with the Priv!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 02:59 PM
    My expectation would be phone shipped on day of Release, not arrive in hand (or pick up in store if option to deliver to store is available) . That takes significant courier cooperation and this isn't the scale of iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 03:04 PM
    Yep and thats why Apple and Samsung are making plies of money and are selling millions of devices a month and are number one in customer satisfaction and Blackberry is on the outside looking in!!! Blackberry for once could have made this product launch a very successful one and blew it.

It's not just me folks, a lot of my friends who pre ordered the Priv are more upset then I am and to make matters worse, I talked them into pre ordering the Priv because I believed Blackberry would deliver this time around!! The funny thing is the AT&T store I visited this morning only have ONE DEVICE in stock to sell? Unbelievable and there are still the faithful who will defend incompetence to the bitter end.
    So you complain the store has phones but it's really their one demo phone to show customers coming in. This is logical to ship a phone to a store and get a lot more potential sales than one.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 03:07 PM
    @Ron

And you could have gotten wireless charging on the ATt model.

Go back and pick up the ATt model and return the SBB when it arrives.

The wireless charger for the Classic will work with the Priv!

I appreciate the info, I was going to get the one they had in stock at the AT&T store this morning, but I was informed that because of the agreement that AT&T has, it would be two months before I would be able to get the device unlocked even if I bought it outright. Other wise, I would have it in my hand. Maybe I was mis informed?
    11-06-15 03:08 PM
    So you complain the store has phones but it's really their one demo phone to show customers coming in. This is logical to ship a phone to a store and get a lot more potential sales than one.

Posted via CB10
    You misunderstood what I said, I stated I love the device based off of me playing with the demo device at the AT&T store. The demo software just made it a little difficult to navigate to some of the features I wanted to try out, thats all. I still feel this is the most unique Blackberry device to hit the market and the built quality is very nice and feels great in my hand. I say they have a winner with the Priv. Have a great weekend.
    11-06-15 03:13 PM
    Thats not the point, you have to be better then what the competition is already doing, why don't folks out there get that?????
    why didn't you buy a BlackBerry Priv while you were at the AT&T store and cancel the pre-order?

11-06-15 03:17 PM
    Called out!!!! I have been writing both good and bad post of this forum for a long time and I respect everyones opinion whether I like it or not, you better look at the history of Blackberry and their previous launch failures to understand where I coming from, thats all. I am over it, going to have some fish and chips tonight, have a great weekend everyone.
    Love it. Now you got me hankering for fish and chips!!!
    And a Priv!

SQW 100-4 / 10.3.2.2789
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-06-15 03:28 PM
    It looks like "preorder" means the you make a commitment to buy the phone and then they sell it to you whenever they get around to it. It makes you wonder what, exactly, a preorder is for.
    11-06-15 03:28 PM
    why didn't you buy a BlackBerry Priv while you were at the AT&T store and cancel the pre-order?

Read some of my post, they could not guarantee they could unlock the device right away because of some agreement and I might have to wait two months before they could unlock it so I was not going to risk 700 and tax to find out.
    11-06-15 03:31 PM
    BlackBerry has the worst operations management. It's expected when they lay off so many people.
    Sucks for you though, hopefully the product itself will be worth it.
    11-06-15 03:34 PM
    Can't find an AT&T that has a Priv in the store. All they'll do is order it.

All I want is to play with a display model. I don't want an AT&T phone. Guess I have to wait a while for them to arrive at the AT&frigginT around here.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-06-15 03:47 PM
    I have been a long time Blackberry user and I committed to buy a Priv without even seeing the device by pre ordering it and I just walked into a local AT&T store today and to my shock and displeasure. Here is a brand new shiny Blackberry Priv thats available to buy???? WTF????

Here I pre ordered the device and are sitting here waiting for Blackberry to tell me when I can expect to get the device??? Something is wrong here folks!!! The pre order folks should have had top priority and should have had their device in their hand today, the same day when a major carrier launches a new product thats suppose to be the one to save the hardware division.

I have pre ordered a lot of devices and they have always shown up on the same day the product is officially launched, what are you thinking up there in Waterloo??? If you where going to supply the carriers first and make your pre order customers wait, then that should have been made perfectly clear at the time myself along with the other folks who pre ordered the device.

So instead of my shiny new Blackberry Priv being on my doorstep today, I get an email telling me how they are trying to get the pre orders shipped and I will be getting a case and car charger for being a loyal customer. While I appreciate this gesture, I should have the device I committed buying from you in my hand and using it today. Great job Blackberry!!!!!

I wish someone if possible could forward this to Mr Chen and the marketing folks up there in Waterloo.
    I found out all of what you said last year when I pre-ordered 2 Classics! Carriers and Amazon get 1st dibs on the whole first batch of phones. When I approached week 3 of waiting on my shopbb phones, I cancelled the order and re-ordered through Amazon and got the phones 2 days later from Amazon. Sometime in Jan, we'll after Christmas, I finally received my 2 shopbb phones..what a joke, even after I cancelled the order and gotten a refund! I kindly sent them back to send a message..

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard
    11-06-15 03:51 PM
    Yours will come factory-unlocked (faster updates), with a free case, and a free premium car charger. It's worth a few extra days.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    It will be way more than a couple days lol

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard
    11-06-15 03:52 PM
    You misunderstood what I said, I stated I love the device based off of me playing with the demo device at the AT&T store. The demo software just made it a little difficult to navigate to some of the features I wanted to try out, thats all. I still feel this is the most unique Blackberry device to hit the market and the built quality is very nice and feels great in my hand. I say they have a winner with the Priv. Have a great weekend.
    No, I don't think I misunderstood. You're complaining that a different brand/type of phone is in stock but your other brand phone isn't.
    It's like you expect them to convert AT&T units to T-Mobile units to flexibly change their stock after they are manufactured. No, they take orders from distributors and allocate phones to those orders months in advance. There was simply too much demand for T-Mobile type phones.

I went for Prime Rib the other night. They had some medium well left but no medium rare. Look over at another table, and there is a guy eating the medium well prime rib even though I sat down first! How dare they, I've been eating there for years!
    11-06-15 03:53 PM
    Well 60 days isn't bad. Other post show 90 days.

I'm on vacation, but couldn't resist buying it today. Just did the initial set up and played it iot for 2 hours. It will take some getting use to but everything new does. Great quality build.

I will play with more when I get home next Wednesday. (Don't want to be rude to my host) Enjoying the sun in PHX
    11-06-15 04:04 PM
164 12345 ...