I have been a long time Blackberry user and I committed to buy a Priv without even seeing the device by pre ordering it and I just walked into a local AT&T store today and to my shock and displeasure. Here is a brand new shiny Blackberry Priv thats available to buy???? WTF????

Here I pre ordered the device and are sitting here waiting for Blackberry to tell me when I can expect to get the device??? Something is wrong here folks!!! The pre order folks should have had top priority and should have had their device in their hand today, the same day when a major carrier launches a new product thats suppose to be the one to save the hardware division.

I have pre ordered a lot of devices and they have always shown up on the same day the product is officially launched, what are you thinking up there in Waterloo??? If you where going to supply the carriers first and make your pre order customers wait, then that should have been made perfectly clear at the time myself along with the other folks who pre ordered the device.

So instead of my shiny new Blackberry Priv being on my doorstep today, I get an email telling me how they are trying to get the pre orders shipped and I will be getting a case and car charger for being a loyal customer. While I appreciate this gesture, I should have the device I committed buying from you in my hand and using it today. Great job Blackberry!!!!!

I wish someone if possible could forward this to Mr Chen and the marketing folks up there in Waterloo.
    11-06-15 11:43 AM
    You whine too much

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:44 AM
    It is sad becuase it was pre-ordered but sometimes things like these happen and because of that they are throwing in about $50 free accessories. Just hang in there, it's coming.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:45 AM
    Yours will come factory-unlocked (faster updates), with a free case, and a free premium car charger. It's worth a few extra days.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    John Doe99, zyad, kertong and 1 others like this.
    11-06-15 11:46 AM
    I can see his displeasure in this and I know I whine a lot too

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:47 AM
    It is sad becuase it was pre-ordered but sometimes things like these happen and because of that they are throwing in about $50 free accessories. Just hang in there, it's coming.

Posted via CB10
    Thats not the point, you have to be better then what the competition is already doing, why don't folks out there get that?????
    11-06-15 11:47 AM
    I don't have a AT&T store within 150 miles. AT&T won't be shipping my phone out until mid-next week, or so the confirmation says... This is normal... This happens on almost all phone launches.
    11-06-15 11:48 AM
    It just shows a lack of attention to operations details. Most smartphone companies, especially Apple, orchestrate their launch events to make the customer experience as good as possible. I mean, your device is coming in a brown box so it's not like they have any other opportunity to make it a good experience.

I'm guessing that the employees to made sure hardware launches ran smoothly probably were laid off. Or, the distribution may even have been outsourced to a company that doesn't give a crap that the handsets are in the stores before your preorder. Even worse, they might consider a preorder to have less priority than having them available in stores on day one.
    FCSC likes this.
    11-06-15 11:59 AM
    Yours will come factory-unlocked (faster updates), with a free case, and a free premium car charger. It's worth a few extra days.

To be fair, and I'm not sure its entirely true, there was an Engadget article yesterday saying that BlackBerry would be bypassing carriers and pushing updates straight to all Priv devices a la Apple updating the iPhone.
    11-06-15 12:03 PM
    It just shows a lack of attention to operations details. Most smartphone companies, especially Apple, orchestrate their launch events to make the customer experience as good as possible. I mean, your device is coming in a brown box so it's not like they have any other opportunity to make it a good experience.

I'm guessing that the employees to made sure hardware launches ran smoothly probably were laid off. Or, the distribution may even have been outsourced to a company that doesn't give a crap that the handsets are in the stores before your preorder. Even worse, they might consider a preorder to have less priority than having them available in stores on day one.
    Yep and thats why Apple and Samsung are making plies of money and are selling millions of devices a month and are number one in customer satisfaction and Blackberry is on the outside looking in!!! Blackberry for once could have made this product launch a very successful one and blew it.

It's not just me folks, a lot of my friends who pre ordered the Priv are more upset then I am and to make matters worse, I talked them into pre ordering the Priv because I believed Blackberry would deliver this time around!! The funny thing is the AT&T store I visited this morning only have ONE DEVICE in stock to sell? Unbelievable and there are still the faithful who will defend incompetence to the bitter end.
    11-06-15 12:11 PM
    To be fair, and I'm not sure its entirely true, there was an Engadget article yesterday saying that BlackBerry would be bypassing carriers and pushing updates straight to all Priv devices a la Apple updating the iPhone.
    They will push high security patches. Upgrades like to core OS like Marshmallow will still go thru carriers for their sold devices.
    11-06-15 12:12 PM
    While I understand where you are coming from, its going to be worth the extra couple of days.
    11-06-15 12:13 PM
    Wait,if I buy it from Att(pay the full price) I was under the impression that it was going to be unlocked so I could take it to tmovile once I switch carrier next week.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:16 PM

That and no ATT logo. The extra few days of waiting won't even register as a memory once you receive the phone. Do something productive with the nice weather this weekend.

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    11-06-15 12:19 PM
    Fully agree with your frustration, it's been a terrible roll out of product, like they've never launched a device before, if you pre-order you should be first to get the device irrespective of the channel.
    kertong and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    11-06-15 12:20 PM
    While I understand where you are coming from, its going to be worth the extra couple of days.
    After playing with the Priv this morning and not getting the device on time is taking the wind out of my sails.

I am just very disappointed in the company I have stood by when everyone else I know has went elsewhere long ago.
    11-06-15 12:21 PM
    Maybe it's just my relatively laid-back attitude but like I said in another post, I still have a wonderful fully-functional Z30 to keep everything rolling until I get my Priv. I completely accept BlackBerry's apology as they hand me a free case and car charger. Getting seemingly irate about it isn't going to make it arrive any faster and it certainly isn't going to make you feel any better about it. Focus on the positives; you are getting your Priv, and you'll have some free accessories to go with it.

Do what I did: go into a carrier store and tinker with it for a little bit. It helped ease the anticipation.
    jonwb, zyad and slade632 like this.
    11-06-15 12:26 PM
    After playing with the Priv this morning and not getting the device on time is taking the wind out of my sails.

I am just very disappointed in the company I have stood by when everyone else I know has went elsewhere long ago.
    What are you talking about? Google just issued a $25 refund to 6P pre-orders as they were't able to deliver on time.

BlackBerry is shipping on the release date and giving free accessories for the wait. Personally, I'm happier to get the case and charger, as I'd have had to spend 50usd to get a case for the Priv right now.

Posted via CB10
    jonwb and zyad like this.
    11-06-15 12:33 PM
    I don't think its unfair to expect to be first to get your hands on one if you've been a supporter and took the faithful dive on day one.

A lot of ardent supporters of Blackberry like bakron1 have been shafted in that they were not "one of the first" to get it.What's worse is that there has been no email or expected ship date clarification, which makes me even more paranoid that DR will royally screw this one up as well.

I'm on hold with Digital River, if they can't tell me it's shipping today or at least Monday, then I'm cancelling and headed to AT&T - I have one line open to add.

From what I know, BB will be doing monthly updates without needing carrier approval and the AT&T variant also has wireless charging. Maybe marshmallow will be later than unlocked, but for the most part, it's the apps being updated that matter since L is pretty much in stable state.

[EDIT1 - Twice in a row and two separate agents, put me on hold for 2 minutes, but no reply after 15 minutes, so I hung up. This is typical DR, or everyone is up in arms checking their ship dates and DR is deflecting]
    kertong likes this.
    11-06-15 12:42 PM
    Thats not the point, you have to be better then what the competition is already doing, why don't folks out there get that?????
    True. Again, it is Blackberry.

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    11-06-15 12:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Understand your annoyance and it is valid!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    11-06-15 12:51 PM
    I have been a long time Blackberry user and I committed to buy a Priv without even seeing the device by pre ordering it and I just walked into a local AT&T store today and to my shock and displeasure. Here is a brand new shiny Blackberry Priv thats available to buy???? WTF????

Here I pre ordered the device and are sitting here waiting for Blackberry to tell me when I can expect to get the device??? Something is wrong here folks!!! The pre order folks should have had top priority and should have had their device in their hand today, the same day when a major carrier launches a new product thats suppose to be the one to save the hardware division.

I have pre ordered a lot of devices and they have always shown up on the same day the product is officially launched, what are you thinking up there in Waterloo??? If you where going to supply the carriers first and make your pre order customers wait, then that should have been made perfectly clear at the time myself along with the other folks who pre ordered the device.

So instead of my shiny new Blackberry Priv being on my doorstep today, I get an email telling me how they are trying to get the pre orders shipped and I will be getting a case and car charger for being a loyal customer. While I appreciate this gesture, I should have the device I committed buying from you in my hand and using it today. Great job Blackberry!!!!!

I wish someone if possible could forward this to Mr Chen and the marketing folks up there in Waterloo.
    Cancel your order then and give up the freemium items that they notified those of us that did pre order from shopBB will get. oh hope you are happy with the ATT locked device and bloat along with no wireless charging thats what you will get from ATT. which is exactly why I will wait it out my status shows boxed shipment which means that its ready to go i will be happy to wait an extra day or two vs getting a carrier version and I have ATT services.
    11-06-15 12:52 PM
    Yeah, can understand the frustration for sure here (living it). Was really excited to get this phone on launch day or at most the day after...but losing hope here. Do not think this should be a pre-order experience, but we are front of the line and anyone who orders from BB direct now has to wait until end of Nov... Carrier having it likely since yesterday (1-5 devices only) was carefully orchestrated, why the heck could we not have gotten the same respect? If today is launch day, they could have shipped last night and there would be limited risk of anyone getting it same day and releasing a premature online review (since they seemed to have held the reviewers back from submitting until 12AM this morning!). I just don't get the strategy here...

It's a screw up non-the-less...Here's hoping to our phones getting shipped out at least today...BlackBerry kept their promise to ship AFTER the 6th...Good job BB, we're proud.
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-06-15 12:54 PM
    Well, in germany we have to wait until the 20th or longer.

But I understand the OP, I never preorderd anything but always had the Impression that the pres would recieve first

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:06 PM
    Why not cancel the order and pick one up in the store?

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    11-06-15 01:08 PM
164 123 ...