Anyone know how to set individual text tone songs on the Priv??? I've always been able to on BlackBerry phones, granted I know it's an android platform, but that's not do-able on this phone?? That's a HUGE must for me on a phone. Will be turning this in quickly if I cannot do this. Anyone know a way around this?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 10:24 AM
    You can do it. Go to Contacts. Select the contact. Hit Edit. Hit the three dot menu on the upper right. Hit Select Ring Tone. That's it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-18-15 10:47 AM
    Right but isn't that specifically for calls. I don't make calls. I text all day and HAVE to have individual text tones like I have on my Q10 and all other previous BlackBerry phones. Calls tones I don't even set. Only texting tones for individual people. When my mom texts me she has a song, when my gf texts me she has a song. Etc. . .

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 10:57 AM
    If that doesn't work try an app like Ringo in Google Play.

11-18-15 11:01 AM
    Deleted. Try method by ealnv below.

Last edited by Trisk333; 11-19-15 at 01:15 AM.
    11-18-15 11:02 AM
    Profile edit on Android is well below bb10

11-18-15 01:59 PM
    Profile edit on Android is well below bb10

That did not help the OP with the question at hand but thanks for the opinion anyway.

indie_b likes this.
    11-18-15 02:04 PM
    Use Textra.
    11-18-15 02:08 PM
    That did not help the OP with the question at hand but thanks for the opinion anyway.

I've used the LG G4 and now have the priv just download a app for profiles like you have to download for everything. Sure you'll find one that's useful.

11-18-15 07:29 PM
    Deleted. Try method posted by ealnv below
    Last edited by Trisk333; 11-19-15 at 01:14 AM.
    11-18-15 07:39 PM
    Anyone know how to set individual text tone songs on the Priv??? I've always been able to on BlackBerry phones, granted I know it's an android platform, but that's not do-able on this phone?? That's a HUGE must for me on a phone. Will be turning this in quickly if I cannot do this. Anyone know a way around this?

Posted via CB10
    In sms app, open a conversation, hit the 3 dots at the top right corner and select people and options, in the next screen you will be able to set a custom ringtone, and to choose a color for said conversation, I found that to be the easier way
    Trisk333 and anon9133023 like this.
    11-18-15 07:43 PM
    Thank you, however I don't see "add another field" on mine. I also have not activated it yet. I'm just playing with it on WiFi to check it out. I'm still actively using my Q10. Could this be why I don't see anywhere for add another field? That's strangely enough going to be my deciding factor on this phone. It's HUGE for me for text messages to distinguish who is texting me.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 12:28 AM
    Thank you, however I don't see "add another field" on mine. I also have not activated it yet. I'm just playing with it on WiFi to check it out. I'm still actively using my Q10. Could this be why I don't see anywhere for add another field? That's strangely enough going to be my deciding factor on this phone. It's HUGE for me for text messages to distinguish who is texting me.

Posted via CB10
    Try ealnv's suggestion above (who has the Priv). I did a bad thing and made an assumption that since we are on the same android version that our contacts would be the same but I think Samsung threw in their own flavor contacts and that might not be the case. I apologize for that. I could provide better help if my darn Priv would get here already.

11-19-15 01:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think that since there's no SIM on it, some features/settings are not available

11-19-15 01:04 AM
    Blackberry may add it in with their contacts app.
    But dont count on it as it took them long enough to add that feature on BB10
    11-19-15 01:44 AM
    Finaly... I downloaded app ES file explorer.
    Open your text message, select three dots, top right, options, sound or notifications (sorry, mine is in French), than you can change directories and go get the ringtones you want.

Cannot be done from contacts
    12-04-15 05:43 PM
    Go to the message thread, HOLD DOWN the three dots, you can then select the tone.

This can be done on a per-conversation basis.

anon9133023 likes this.
    12-04-15 06:32 PM
    Go to message thread, tap 3 dots, select 'people and options' change tone. Job done.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    12-05-15 02:14 AM