so. i am waiting for delivery, and while brushing my teeth, the phone rings. it's my mother so without thinking i pull it from my pocket to answer it, clearly forgetting that the microphone is not working. but it turns out it does work this time.

and of course for some reason i drop the phone in the sink - no water running - but the phone hits the edge of the sink, right on the power button... where the front edge of the plastic has been slightly buckled for months, from the early days of the sorry OS that caused the phone to overheat and warp - the only "damage" my phone has suffered before this moment.

that little bit of plastic turns out to be very critical, because now the screen slide and the keyboard do not sit flush and there is a gap. and although the microphone is working, there is a crackle when the keyboard slide is pressed against the screen slide, which is obviously due to this damage.

and when i opened the delivered replacement, i turn it over to see an AT&T logo on the back. i never bothered to read too much about the unlocked AT&T device issues, but i know there are/were some. even with those issues possibly being corrected now, i do NOT want an AT&T logo on my T-Mobile phone.

so now i have no idea what to expect, or whom to call first. this started as a warranty exchange, but i also have damage protection insurance with T-Mobile, but since the exchange did not come through them... ?

fudge.
    12-07-16 10:35 AM
    Update - 6 1/2 or seven weeks in.
    I did finally get an advance replacement device at the 3 1/2 week mark.
    Got an email from BB yesterday, saying they still haven't gotten to my original device. Still don't know if they are going to consider this a legit warranty case.

AT&T logo on the back
    What happened with your's?
    12-22-16 08:35 AM
    Yet another update, it's now 12 or 14 weeks, still no word on if Blackberry is going to call this a warranty or not.
    My original Device is still at repair dept, and hasn't been 'evaluated'.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-23-17 04:46 AM
    Makes me wonder if the reason for the delay is the TCL transition or if the Priv will be considered EOL / EOS soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 05:24 AM
    Don't know why, but my experience started end of Oct, first of Nov, (don't remember exact date).
    Though I love the phone, I think lack of QC has resulted in WAY more problem devices being sold that were bad. Warranty and repair are just completely overwhelmed. And regardless of warranty or care plan, they will not send a new device.
    01-23-17 07:12 AM
    I have had terrible experiences with the process as well.
    In Sept/October requested warranty exchange due to poor build quality (wobbling and squeaking).
    Received replacement in late December after numerous tweets, calls and emails. Two weeks in with new unit, squeaking and wobbling again. Requested another replacement but this time requested DTEK60. They said it is impossible and sent me another Priv. Got it about 3 weeks ago. Wobbles and squeaks. Escalated issue again... Now waiting.
    01-23-17 11:44 AM
    I found this not to be true at all. I just received my second Priv, and called BB customer support on 1/20/17 and at the very beginning there is Auto response saying that BB no longer gives the 12 support for the Priv only, waited on hold to talk to a representative, he did confirm that BlackBerry will NOT be offering "free" 12 month supportfor the Priv, but will give support at 35 bucks per incident. I will never buy another BlackBerry product in my lifetime and I am on my ninth BlackBerry in 12years. They are leaving those of us that have stood by them out in the cold with no choice but to find a company that care about customer loyalty.
    01-23-17 01:29 PM
    I would text @BlackBerryHelp and see what they say. Always got good response from them. You can also call BlackBerry because Priv owners have 1 year free phone support.

I found this not to be true at all. I just received my second Priv, and called BB customer support on 1/20/17 and at the very beginning there is Auto response saying that BB no longer gives the 12 support for the Priv only, waited on hold to talk to a representative, he did confirm that BlackBerry will NOT be offering "free" 12 month supportfor the Priv, but will give support at 35 bucks per incident. I will never buy another BlackBerry product in my lifetime and I am on my ninth BlackBerry in 12years. They are leaving those of us that have stood by them out in the cold with no choice but to find a company that care about customer loyalty.
    01-23-17 01:32 PM
    I think you might be able to buy a Sim adapter for this.
    Sim adapters are a very bad idea imo, I have destroyed several sim readers using these adapters...I have even damaged the sim card reader using one of those expensive German made sim adapters.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-23-17 01:35 PM
    Last update
    Finally got an email from BB, saing my case was closed. No word on what, if anything they found. Just case has been closed.
    FF22 and valer466 like this.
    02-04-17 02:21 PM
85 ... 234