Hi All,

I don't seem to be getting voicemail notifications on my Verizon Priv. Anyone else have this problem?

I don't see a settings menu within the Verizon Voicemail app.

If I go into the settings in the phone app, I don't see any option for voicemail other than turning a vibrate on/off. I don't think my phone has even been vibrating for voicemail.

If I go into General Settings > Sounds & Notifications > App Notifications > Voice Mail, I don't see any relevant notification options. All I have are Block (turned off) and Priority (turned off).

I use Lightflow and I have Voicemail set to default ringtone, 1 short vibrate, and fast yellow LED blink. However, my phone does none of these things.

Right now I get no notifications and have no indication that I have a voicemail, and so I have to check my voicemail every time I have a missed call. That's just silly.

What it seems like to me is that the Voice Mail app is not telling the system there is a voicemail. Anyone have any tips for me? It's pretty important to know when you have a voicemail.

Thanks in advance.
    06-01-16 09:06 AM
    Voicemail notifications and visual voicemail both don't work correctly on Big Red

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-01-16 12:12 PM
    Voicemail notifications and visual voicemail both don't work correctly on Big Red

Why?

SteelGreek and moninja like this.
    06-01-16 12:35 PM
    Why?

3 reasons. 1) it's Verizon 2) it's Android 3) it's BlackBerry trying to work with the other two.
    SteelGreek likes this.
    06-01-16 12:48 PM
    Mine is working just fine. Priv on Verizon

dbcoe likes this.
    06-01-16 12:55 PM
    Mine is working just fine. Priv on Verizon

You have visual voicemail working on your Verizon Priv?

dbcoe likes this.
    06-01-16 01:08 PM
    3 reasons. 1) it's Verizon 2) it's Android 3) it's BlackBerry trying to work with the other two.
    1) is the only reason needed

06-01-16 01:09 PM
    Pretty amazing that a phone cannot notify you of voicemail in 2016. Before any of the bells and whistles that smartphones have these days, phones were meant for three things: calls, voicemail, text. Just calls and voicemail if you go back far enough haha.

This is a huge issue, in my opinion. I am very bothered with this because I like everything else about the phone, but it cannot do one of the very basic things that a phone is supposed to do... whose fault it is is a whole other question, bottom line is it shouldn't be an issue.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-01-16 02:10 PM
    I have Verizon. I have a PRIV on Verizon. Voice-mail and Voice Mail notifications work great all of the time for me.

I wouldn't know about visual voice-mail.

I had to set up my voice mail when I first started with Verizon on my Galaxie S4 and when I got my PRIV it just carried over. I think this was because I keep my previous phone number. Worked great before and still works great now.

Enjoying the golden years, yet without the gold. Bummer.
    06-01-16 03:27 PM
    Interesting. From what I have read, visual voicemail does not exist on the Verizon Priv at the moment. My regular voicemail works fine, in that it takes messages and I can listen to them, the problem is that I have no notification when I get a message. So unless I check it every time I get a missed call, I have no idea whether the person left a message or not.

Welcome to 2016, when a $720 phone doesn't have visual voicemail, and won't even tell you if you have voicemail messages or not!
    06-01-16 06:14 PM
    Hi All,

I don't seem to be getting voicemail notifications on my Verizon Priv. Anyone else have this problem?

I don't see a settings menu within the Verizon Voicemail app.

If I go into the settings in the phone app, I don't see any option for voicemail other than turning a vibrate on/off. I don't think my phone has even been vibrating for voicemail.

If I go into General Settings > Sounds & Notifications > App Notifications > Voice Mail, I don't see any relevant notification options. All I have are Block (turned off) and Priority (turned off).

I use Lightflow and I have Voicemail set to default ringtone, 1 short vibrate, and fast yellow LED blink. However, my phone does none of these things.

Right now I get no notifications and have no indication that I have a voicemail, and so I have to check my voicemail every time I have a missed call. That's just silly.

What it seems like to me is that the Voice Mail app is not telling the system there is a voicemail. Anyone have any tips for me? It's pretty important to know when you have a voicemail.

Thanks in advance.
    First of all, do you not have the screens below starting in the phone app settings?
    Attached Thumbnails No Voicemail Notifications on Verizon Priv-1464824708624.jpg   No Voicemail Notifications on Verizon Priv-1464824726698.jpg   No Voicemail Notifications on Verizon Priv-1464824745998.jpg  
    06-01-16 06:45 PM
    Secondly, is there perhaps A setting in the lightflow app that is interfering with the phone settings?
    06-01-16 06:47 PM
    Third, what security patch are you on. Go to system settings /about phone
    06-01-16 07:31 PM
    First of all, do you not have the screens below starting in the phone app settings?
    If I may be on topic for a moment, the OP mentions a voice mail app, which in reality there is no Verizon visual voice-mail app other than a very old, outdated app in Google play store. I think that's wherein maybe the confusion is or problem lies. That app does not work and has been around as long as android apps have existed themselves. It will not work on a Priv.

06-01-16 07:48 PM
    If I may be on topic for a moment, the OP mentions a voice mail app, which in reality there is no Verizon visual voice-mail app other than a very old, outdated app in Google play store. I think that's wherein maybe the confusion is or problem lies. That app does not work and has been around as long as android apps have existed themselves. It will not work on a Priv.

Well, being on topic, he didn't say anything at all about visual voice mail. Which is totally different from the problem he's having of no notification of regular voice mail. At least that's what his original post said. Perhaps the OP could respond.
    06-01-16 08:01 PM
    Agreed. Now can we go off topic?

Anybody get a June security update yet? Weren't they supposed to come monthly?

SteelGreek likes this.
    06-01-16 08:26 PM

I think you will get it on July....

FF22 and SteelGreek like this.
    06-01-16 08:30 PM

Both April and May came in May. So why expect June in June?
    06-01-16 09:13 PM
    There has got to be reason why it doesn't work. It works on mine and others who are also with Verizon. I'm just stating the obvious, I know.
    06-02-16 08:16 AM
    It works on mine. Here's the Home Screen showing both the Phone and the Hub showing the Spash/Splat as well as the small voice mail icon at the very top. Then opening the Hub, you can see the call (my home number is unlisted so does not show a number). Finally, the Phone app shows the call.

No Voicemail Notifications on Verizon Priv-screenshot_2016-06-02-07-39-58.jpg
    No Voicemail Notifications on Verizon Priv-screenshot_2016-06-02-07-40-23.jpg
    No Voicemail Notifications on Verizon Priv-screenshot_2016-06-02-07-40-41.jpg
    dbcoe likes this.
    06-02-16 09:54 AM
    It works on mine. Here's the Home Screen showing both the Phone and the Hub showing the Spash/Splat as well as the small voice mail icon at the very top. Then opening the Hub, you can see the call (my home number is unlisted so does not show a number). Finally, the Phone app shows the call.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-02-07-39-58.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	401271

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-02-07-40-23.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	401272

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-02-07-40-41.jpg 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	401273
    Same on mine.
    FF22 and dbcoe like this.
    06-02-16 10:11 AM

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-02-07-39-58.jpg 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	401271

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-02-07-40-23.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	401272

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-02-07-40-41.jpg 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	401273
    Holy notification bar! Wow

dbcoe likes this.
    06-03-16 07:08 PM
    Holy notification bar! Wow

I clean it up periodically. I'm still getting use to the entire concept of a notification bar.
    dbcoe likes this.
    06-03-16 09:10 PM
    And there on the bottom middle is visual voice mail... but alas this is AT&T

AAF153
    Attached Thumbnails No Voicemail Notifications on Verizon Priv-38601.jpg  
    06-03-16 11:16 PM
    And there on the bottom middle is visual voice mail... but alas this is AT&T

AAF153
    Show off!
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-03-16 11:18 PM
26 12