Going to have to trust Amazon as I don't see an official screen protector from BlackBerry for the Priv.

Not sure how they would work with the curved screen. Would the "regular" flexible ones just cover the screen and not wrap around the sides? Any thoughts on tempered glass protectors for the Priv?

Will head to Amazon for a quick search.

Edit: Guess I could take a look at some of the S6 Edge protectors to get a better idea from the reviews and whatnot.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:31 PM
    Weren't BlackBerry selling one at some extortionate price?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:45 PM
    No official screen protector for the Passport SE either.
    The screen protector for the original Passport fits well but that thing attracted fingerprints like crazy.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:50 PM
    Why need one?

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-05-15 05:39 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I just thought it was odd that BlackBerry doesn't have their own. I always use a matte screen protector on my devices. No fingerprints, smudges, like the way it looks as well. Was thinking I'd try something different for the Priv.

My mom won't use a phone unless it has a mirror screen protector on it. Had to custom cut an original Passport mirror protector to fit her AT&T Passport, but I guess you could say that's more functional idk. Told her to get a pocket mirror lol.

Anyway, without a screen protector you will get micro-marring to some extent even if you see the screen as perfect (it's not) and it annoys the hell out of me.

I used to detail cars and I can barely walk through a parking lot because of swirl marks from taking cars through auto washes, etc. So yeah, I need one.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:03 PM
    I never bought a screen protector for my passport and it's never got a scratch... you'll be ok without one

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:38 PM
    I've actually ordered one off of Skinomi a few days ago. Will let everyone knows how it feels and fits.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:53 PM
    I've actually ordered one off of Skinomi a few days ago. Will let everyone knows how it feels and fits.

Posted via CB10
    I usually do matte protectors. Have used their skins and they're great. After reading CB and AC reviews will order from shopblackberry shortly.

Deciding on the military green hardshell or the flip case. Never used flip cases, but it has cool features. OTOH, I feel like it hides the phone. Will be showing off my BlackBerry Android!

Looking at Amazon and ship dates, I might just order the matte screen protector from Skinomi. Their skins are great, but their protectors are wet application and I've always been hesitant there. I'm thinking that their protector would fit well (brand name), but not sure on the whole wet application.

At least with the dry application I can see if there's a piece of dust and remove the protector and put on a new one. Anyone that has used the wet application Skinomi protectors feel free to chime in :-)

Also, what do you guys think... military green hard shell or flip case? Normally would do a leather pocket pouch, but want a bit more protection.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 03:48 AM
    Spigen made a curved screen protector for S6 edge which work very well. Doubt they would make one for the PRIV but it can be done

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:18 AM

Posted via CB10

My Skinomi was not cut correctly. About half of the front camera is covered. The cut out is off by quite a bit. Same thing with the Mr. Shields on amazon. Seems like some companies are cutting based of a bad prototype or something.
    11-10-15 07:34 AM
    ATT had BlackBerry screen protectors for the Priv when I was there last Sat. I forget how much they were.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 08:02 AM
    ATT had BlackBerry screen protectors for the Priv when I was there last Sat. I forget how much they were.

Posted via CB10
    $25 and they are horrible.
    11-10-15 08:06 AM
    Going to have to trust Amazon as I don't see an official screen protector from BlackBerry for the Priv.

Not sure how they would work with the curved screen. Would the "regular" flexible ones just cover the screen and not wrap around the sides? Any thoughts on tempered glass protectors for the Priv?

Will head to Amazon for a quick search.

Edit: Guess I could take a look at some of the S6 Edge protectors to get a better idea from the reviews and whatnot.

Posted via CB10
    If you are in Canada or USA head on over to Bestbuy and have geek squad install a clearplex protector. They do it for you and has a lifetime guarantee and a free re-install with proof of purchase. Clearplex is so transparent you can't even see it on device. I've had this on my Z30, q10,classic,Passport, Passport SE, and now my Priv. Runs around 30$.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 11-11-15 at 01:10 PM.
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    11-10-15 08:45 AM
    Cool do all US Best Buys do this?
    11-10-15 08:47 AM
    If you are in Canada or USA head oin over to Bestbuy and have geek squad instal a clearplex protector. They do it for you and has a lifetime guarantee and a free re-install with proof of purchase. Clearplex is so transparent you can't even see it on device. I've had this on my Z30, q10,classic,Passport, Passport SE, and now my Priv. Runs around 30$.

Awesome, thanks. Did not know that!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 08:51 AM
    My Best Buy had no idea what clearplex was. Doesn't look like all BestBuys do them.
    11-10-15 01:03 PM
    If you are in Canada or USA head oin over to Bestbuy and have geek squad instal a clearplex protector. They do it for you and has a lifetime guarantee and a free re-install with proof of purchase. Clearplex is so transparent you can't even see it on device. I've had this on my Z30, q10,classic,Passport, Passport SE, and now my Priv. Runs around 30$.

Read this comment and went to BestBuy right after. Waited ten minutes and got my Clear plex... And it is fantastic. Fits the curved screen great.

Am now waiting for the hard shell case, which is apparently a whole other mess..

Best Buy Clearplex.. Go to where the Geek Squad desk is... Not the other clerks.

Posted via PRIV
    11-10-15 01:56 PM
    Read this comment and went to BestBuy right after. Waited ten minutes and got my Clear plex... And it is fantastic. Fits the curved screen great.

Am now waiting for the hard shell case, which is apparently a whole other mess..

Best Buy Clearplex.. Go to where the Geek Squad desk is... Not the other clerks.

Posted via PRIV
    My Geeksquad said that they "haven't updated the system yet to do the Blackberry Priv"...
    11-11-15 10:54 AM
    My Geeksquad said that they "haven't updated the system yet to do the Blackberry Priv"...
    ??????

Too weird. I'm in Winnipeg. I went to the BestBuy, over to the Geek Squad area and the guy didn't even miss a beat. Walked out in less than 15 minutes.

Posted via PRIV
    11-11-15 10:56 AM
    ??????

Too weird. I'm in Winnipeg. I went to the BestBuy, over to the Geek Squad area and the guy didn't even miss a beat. Walked out in less than 15 minutes.

Posted via PRIV
    Maybe I should just walk in there...They were saying that had some predefined cut/template or something?
    11-11-15 11:04 AM
    I got one at the AT&T store that they install for $20 and it comes with a screen protection warranty. Don't remember the brand off hand.
    11-11-15 12:37 PM

Posted via PRIV
    Bestbuy mobile and geek squad are generally the departments that DO know about the clear plex service!

11-11-15 01:12 PM
    Called a bunch of bestbuys and unfortunately they all don't have the template for the priv yet
    11-12-15 02:33 PM