Many carriers and websites including shopblackberry have already started pre-orders.
    What I can't understand is how this is happening without an official launch from BlackBerry. Every other manufacturer Apple, Samsung and all the others usually do an official launch before pre-orders start. I don't understand what blackberry is doing here! Are we actually gonna have an event where BlackBerry showcases the phone or was the disastrous Chen demo all we got?
    robtanz and Techno-guy like this.
    10-23-15 09:54 AM
    I am a little shocked myself that there wasn't an official launch event. I have been interested in buying this as my next device but do not want to make the purchase without seeing more than the little clips we have seen and specs on a sheet. want to see a true walkthrough of the device..
    Omar Alsahli likes this.
    10-23-15 10:08 AM
    No launch, no announcement, no clear price.

It's like they're intentionally going out of their way to make it fail.
    10-23-15 10:12 AM
    No launch, no announcement, no clear price.

It's like they're intentionally going out of their way to make it fail.
    Thank you. My thoughts exactly
    10-23-15 10:13 AM
    Well there is a clear price now $699.00 US or $899.00 CAD. Which IMO is to high.

not sure if they are trying fail but they certainly haven't given the best shot at success.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-23-15 10:18 AM
    The only way you'll get Devices at $500 or less is if it is made in mainland China where the labor costs are very low! The higher end devices are being made in Taiwwan or So. Korea including I believe, IPhones.
    Everyone is free to choose to get those made in China phones. You get what you pay for.
    10-23-15 10:26 AM
    Not even a press release.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:27 AM
    Corporations purchase high end products all the time with zero launches......

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:30 AM
    yes they do.

But if this device is supposed to be the BB saviour wouldn't you want to at least give it the best shot at success. why LIMP into the market. Go in with a BANG..
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-23-15 10:39 AM
    Utterly perplexing...
    10-23-15 10:40 AM
    This is a passive-aggressive move by a management stung by rejection from mainstream consumers. "If you want it, buy it, but I won't crawl." Chen himself said corporations don't buy often enough to keep afloat a hardware business, so now he's selling phones to a segment he doesn't trust or understand. It's this *****-face, bunker mentality that will be the downfall of BB, not the lack of apps in BB10.
    dejanh and acovey like this.
    10-23-15 10:45 AM
    Weirdest launch ever.

Sold but not announced.

Not a presale but really a presale.

No reviews. Not even a video. Not even a press release.

I can't explain it.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 10:48 AM
    visit Shopblackberry.com and you can get a clear price
    10-23-15 11:43 AM
    Guys, price is not the main issue here
    I'm looking at the bigger picture. How can anyone pre-order a device without a proper launch or enough info. I don't know about you but I refuse to do such a thing! Only iFans would do that.

I love BlackBerry but that doesn't mean I'll buy stuff made by bb mindlessly. If BB doesn't even care to launch its "savior" device carefully then I'll probably look somewhere else
    Last edited by Omar Alsahli; 10-24-15 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Typo
    10-23-15 12:58 PM
    This would fall under the marketing team. They don't have one.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 01:06 PM
    Or...maybe it's a soft launch due to low supply? What good is it to tell everyone to go out and buy it if there aren't enough available?
    I feel like this 'launch' is intended to get the device into the hands of people like us. The people who forced their hand at actually revealing it this early, before they were planning to.

I'm sure we'll see a price drop and an advertising push closer to Black Friday when they've built more supply....or not lol.
    10-23-15 01:17 PM
    Weirdest launch ever.

Sold but not announced.

I can't explain it.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe their waiting till November 6th to fully unveil it.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 01:49 PM
    Or...maybe it's a soft launch due to low supply?
    This soft launch thing is odd - I've only ever seen it mentioned in the context of phones pushed out to die in the cold - Palm Pre fans always claimed that the launches were soft launches.
    10-23-15 01:52 PM
    This soft launch thing is odd - I've only ever seen it mentioned in the context of phones pushed out to die in the cold - Palm Pre fans always claimed that the launches were soft launches.
    lol, I hope not. I never said it was a good or bad idea. Just trying to come up with other possible reasons other than "BlackBerry's marketing sucks"

On another note: Did the Passport or Classic have launch events? I didn't follow them, so I can't remember. If they did have events, which event did BlackBerry use to launch them? Apple has WDC and Google has I/O. Two event's that the world waits for to see the latest and greatest. I feel like it would be a huge waste of money for BlackBerry to do the same as it would fall on deaf ears. Their advertising dollars would be better spent on working with Google and spamming YouTube ads during the holiday season.
    10-23-15 02:13 PM
    Im fine with no huge launch event, no one ever launches Televisions, Washers, Lawn Mowers, or Houses that way.

Alos about the name. PRIV sounds way nicer than Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    10-23-15 02:15 PM
    Weirdest launch ever.

Sold but not announced.

I can't explain it.

Posted via CB10
    Perplexed

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 12:47 AM
    Im fine with no huge launch event, no one ever launches Televisions, Washers, Lawn Mowers, or Houses that way.
    I would agree . . . and yet I miss live streaming of launch events for Passport and Classic.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/09/...assport-event/

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/12/...c-live-stream/

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:01 AM
    Reminds me of Z30 launch only there wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:03 AM
    Has Blackberry ever done big splashy launches? Not being facetious, but I can't recall one. But I guess in the day and age of Apple and the One+2 launches they should start.

I still thing there is a good chance this is a soft launch, and before Nov 6th you will see something akin to a 'launch' from Blackberry. I would bet money on it. Likely the same day the NDA is lifted.
    10-24-15 01:13 AM
    Reminds me of Z30 launch only there wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    I think their waiting for the BB10 model to be available.
    10-24-15 01:15 AM
26 12