Hello all...a happy and healthy new year to everyone...I have a Priv through VZW. It's been a nightmare since the get-go, but being a tech idiot, and a creature of habit, I've stuck with it.

So, it's been quite some time since I've received any notices for app updates. No Chrome, google, MS apps, nothing! I normally used to get them all the time. What gives? VZW is no longer "supporting" the Priv so to speak. Is there a way, I can go to a specific app status screen, or something of the like, and see if there are any updates?

The biggest issue is my text messaging is not working all the time. I constantly get the "Messages is not working, do you want to wait or close" etc. This app, like every other one, hasn't been updated in a long time.

Any advice here? Thank you in advance.
    12-31-18 11:00 AM
    So, it's been quite some time since I've received any notices for app updates. No Chrome, google, MS apps, nothing! I normally used to get them all the time. What gives? VZW is no longer "supporting" the Priv so to speak. Is there a way, I can go to a specific app status screen, or something of the like, and see if there are any updates?
    Open up the Google Play Store. If you have any app updates, they'll be showing in there. It's also possible you disable notifications for app updates.

The biggest issue is my text messaging is not working all the time. I constantly get the "Messages is not working, do you want to wait or close" etc. This app, like every other one, hasn't been updated in a long time.
    Figure out your app issue sand i'm sure this one might solve itself.
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-31-18 11:39 AM
    OK...thank you! I opened up the google play store, found some of the apps, and updated them. Thanks again. I'm hoping this resolves the text message problem I am having.

Where is the setting to enable notifications for app updates? I can't seem to find it. I don't remember disabling it, LOL. Thanks again for your help.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-01-19 10:26 AM
    In the Play Store, open the hamburger (top left button), go to Settings, Notifications, then flip the toggle for Updates.
    01-01-19 10:30 AM