Hi. Desperately look for help or assistance. Recently I have got an unlocked BlackBerry Priv. It is form AT&T. Then I went to Poland, where I live and realize that it is impossible to get system updates. I read that BlackBerry works on that issue but up to now there is no improvement. Is there any chance to update it OTA or any other way? Please be so kind and help me with this problem
    08-24-16 12:01 PM
    Check out this article that tells you how to do this:
    http://m.crackberry.com/how-install-...ing-autoloader
    FF22 likes this.
    08-24-16 12:19 PM
    In addition to what newcollector wrote about using an Autoloader, you might be able to acquire an AT&T sim card (ebay or other options) and then MIGHT be able to use wifi to download whatever version AT&T is offering.

In any event, you canNOT get any updates that AT&T has not issued.
    08-24-16 12:43 PM
    Thanx a lot for replies. Will check them out and let you know.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 01:08 PM
    In regards to some rumors in Web, is there any hope that BlackBerry might overcome the problem, and make it happen to download updates without AT&T's sim?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 01:14 PM
    In regards to some rumors in Web, is there any hope that BlackBerry might overcome the problem, and make it happen to download updates without AT&T's sim?

Posted via CB10
    Those rumors are based an BlackBerry acknowledging the issue soon after all those unlocked AT&T Privs were dumped onto the rest of the world. I think there's an actual knowledge base article about it. They say they are working on a way around it, but nothing has been said more about it since.

Their only option at this point is to post a new autoloader for the AT&T model for each new security update they issue.

Something they haven't done yet. Right now, only the initial MM autoloader for the AT&T model is up, and that's it.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    08-24-16 01:34 PM
    Thank you. Appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 01:37 PM
    Just FYI... here is the actual knowledge base article on the BlackBerry support site...

Software update not received on unlocked AT&T branded PRIV when using a non-AT&T SIM card

You'll see they say it will be updated when a solution is available.

Well, that first went up last May. And, nothing yet.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-24-16 02:12 PM
    Just FYI... here is the actual knowledge base article on the BlackBerry support site...

Software update not received on unlocked AT&T branded PRIV when using a non-AT&T SIM card

You'll see they say it will be updated when a solution is available.

Well, that first went up last May. And, nothing yet.
    You wonder if they have a tickler file that reminds them that this is still a pending issue. Will someone actually wend their way back to that article.
    08-24-16 03:56 PM
    You wonder if they have a tickler file that reminds them that this is still a pending issue. Will someone actually wend their way back to that article.
    Obviously they have an Open Issues list, but this fix/patch is not a high priority for them.
    08-24-16 06:15 PM
    The physical software fix was complied within a few days.
    The lawyers have hit roadblocks.

I have no inside knowledge, but, BB can update any Priv, anytime. They have even promised to so if an egregious enough security issue presents.
    There is no way in Hades that AT&T is going to allow BB to update any branded device that AT&T has any financial interest in. Nor will they allow a fix that could possibly be used to circumvent their control over updates to a device that they have an interest in.

It could be as simple as compiling an IMEI list of "Those that thou shall not touch', or it could be a lot more involved. But it's definitely legal in nature.
    The fix existed before the problem.
    08-24-16 07:16 PM