I have a Verizon PRIV with Android 5.1.1 (June 1, 2016 security patch), build #AAF055. I have tapped "check for updates" 100 times and it always reads "Your system is up to date. Last checked for update at (current time). I also get a notification in the drop down of "Your Blackberry STV100-2 is up to date. No update is necessary at this time."

I was on the phone for ~25 minutes with Verizon but the tech support guy essentially gave up and said he knew what would "DEFINITELY" fix it was a factory reset. I just performed a factory reset and it checked for updates during the initial setup. Unfortunately, the problem still remains.

Are there any US-based Verizon PRIVs that still have not been pushed the Marshmallow update? This is very annoying! Unfortunately, my phone is not under warranty.
    01-19-17 10:34 PM
    Try an autoloader, i.e. factory reset but to the latest OS instead of whatever you have now: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    oakakaemmy likes this.
    01-19-17 10:37 PM
    I have a Verizon PRIV with Android 5.1.1 (June 1, 2016 security patch), build #AAF055. I have tapped "check for updates" 100 times and it always reads "Your system is up to date. Last checked for update at (current time). I also get a notification in the drop down of "Your Blackberry STV100-2 is up to date. No update is necessary at this time."

I was on the phone for ~25 minutes with Verizon but the tech support guy essentially gave up and said he knew what would "DEFINITELY" fix it was a factory reset. I just performed a factory reset and it checked for updates during the initial setup. Unfortunately, the problem still remains.

Are there any US-based Verizon PRIVs that still have not been pushed the Marshmallow update? This is very annoying! Unfortunately, my phone is not under warranty.
    I think you might be able to use an Autoloader and basically do-it-yourself. Check the Autoloader threads in the Stickies.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/

Verizon specific

https://bbapps.download.blackberry.c...vzw-AAH996.zip

And read the thread for instructions. I did it because I jumped the gun in Dec.

By the way, WELCOME to Crackberry
    oakakaemmy likes this.
    01-19-17 10:40 PM
    Thanks! I thought autoloaders were for "unlocked" people. I will give it a try tomorrow!
    01-19-17 10:53 PM
    Thanks! I thought autoloaders were for "unlocked" people. I will give it a try tomorrow!
    CAUTION

It will erase your current data/settings, etc. So prepare to manually backup some stuff. If you are using google email, then some stuff like Contacts, Calendar, etc will be backed up and will restore when you establish your gmail id again, if you were syncing those items. Apps likewise are available and maybe restored when you do the ID again.

There's also the Main Settings, backup which you might have enabled already.

And some folks like to clean house and like Autoloaders.
    01-19-17 11:24 PM
    Silly question. Did you turn on your WiFi? The file is extremely big and will only update on wifi.

As soon as I got home, turned on the wifi and connected to my home Internet, it started updating. Both my wife's and my phones.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-28-17 10:06 AM

Member FF22 gave me some sound info when my new priv didn't get the Marshmallow upgrade, he suggested I change the system date back to the day I got the phone, and then go to the updates page and check ..... it worked (phew!) ....
    01-28-17 06:34 PM