Let me say the Priv looks really nice. The battery life should be great and the reviews look pretty solid. Unfortunately, I think BB once again missed the mark. Android is all in on fingerprint recognition. All of todays flagships have them and Marshmellow will include specific API's to support the function. BB wants to compete with Android OEM's and they really dropped the ball by not including it, IMHO.
    11-06-15 10:02 AM
    Let me say the Priv looks really nice. The battery life should be great and the reviews look pretty solid. Unfortunately, I think BB once again missed the mark. Android is all in on fingerprint recognition. All of todays flagships have them and Marshmellow will include specific API's to support the function. BB wants to compete with Android OEM's and they really dropped the ball by not including it, IMHO.
    Fingerprint scanners are still quite a security risk, so it's something they're looking into. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to get past them
    iorto390 likes this.
    11-06-15 10:05 AM
    Don't you need a physical button for a finger print scanner? Priv doesn't have one.
    11-06-15 10:06 AM
    This has been discussed to death. It compromises security (just Google it to see multiple articles) not to mention taking up screen space.
    BlackBerry does not want to have Government agencies turn down the phone because of a scanner.
    Besides it saves you less than a second. I had a iPhone 6 for 3 months, nice convenience but don't miss it at all.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-06-15 10:06 AM
    This has been discussed to death.

BlackBerry Priv!!
    11-06-15 10:10 AM
    Don't you need a physical button for a finger print scanner? Priv doesn't have one.
    No. see Nexus 5X/6P
    Frosty_Power likes this.
    11-06-15 10:14 AM
    Over in AndroidCentral... it's a question they still are asking and not liking the answer.
    11-06-15 10:28 AM
    No. see Nexus 5X/6P
    My bad....
    11-06-15 11:11 AM
    I don't think I really need a fingerprint scanner, but I would have liked USB-C to go along with my Chromebook Pixel LS...

But, having wireless charging will be helpful.
    11-06-15 11:14 AM