I decided to give Hub another chance and enabled the app. Facebook notifications are not going to hub! I have Facebook tab in hub, but nothing there. Tried to reinstall Facebook - still nothing. It's so BlackBerry to build a phone around an app and fail to integrate it with Facebook properly.
    05-01-16 01:29 AM
    Same here. I got the notification that Facebook is now included in the Hub when I reinstalled it, but it doesn't work. By the way, it used to work before the Hub + BB Services update
    05-01-16 03:31 AM
    It would only show new notifications in the HUB if you just enabled it. Old notifications won't show up in the HUB.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-01-16 03:37 AM
    I have found that while I have FB open, I get the message it is on the Hub. But once I log out, it is taken off the Hub. I have also noticed if I comment on a post, I get notifications if I am logged in when the notification occurs. In short, it doesn't seem like there is integration with the Hub unless you are logged in 100% of the time. I might be wrong.
    05-01-16 05:45 AM
    I have found that while I have FB open, I get the message it is on the Hub. But once I log out, it is taken off the Hub. I have also noticed if I comment on a post, I get notifications if I am logged in when the notification occurs. In short, it doesn't seem like there is integration with the Hub unless you are logged in 100% of the time. I might be wrong.
    That is correct.
    talberry likes this.
    05-01-16 01:53 PM
    It would only show new notifications in the HUB if you just enabled it. Old notifications won't show up in the HUB.

Also correct we don't have a way to pull in any historical notifications from the past.
    05-01-16 01:56 PM
    Same here. I got the notification that Facebook is now included in the Hub when I reinstalled it, but it doesn't work. By the way, it used to work before the Hub + BB Services update
    So you had content showing in the Facebook account tab before the v1.2.1 update and not anymore? Again, remember it will not pull in any historical content if it was removed from the hub for whatever reason.
    05-01-16 01:58 PM
    Let's choose our words carefully. You do not need to have Facebook OPEN to get Hub notifications for Facebook, but you do obviously need to be logged in.

This is precisely like BB10. If you weren't logged in in the Facebook app, how can the Hub ever pull notifications???

05-01-16 06:14 PM
    That is correct.
    He's not really correct. Facebook doesn't need to be open, only logged in on your phone.

05-01-16 06:14 PM
    He's not really correct. Facebook doesn't need to be open, only logged in on your phone.

Thanks. Yes. That was the part I was saying is correct.
    05-01-16 07:37 PM
    I tried all advice here on forums but still, Facebook and Instagram notifications are not arriving in Hub. What a half-assed job from a dying company. Reminds me of Nokia who kinda stopped testing it's software and devices when it became evident the ship was sinking.
    05-02-16 04:45 AM
    I tried all advice here on forums but still, Facebook and Instagram notifications are not arriving in Hub. What a half-assed job from a dying company. Reminds me of Nokia who kinda stopped testing it's software and devices when it became evident the ship was sinking.
    Huh??? Facebook notifications are working fine, and BlackBerry makes substantial efforts to get their software right. For instance, c_bryant posts here nights and weekends to help us. Your accusations are rude and unfounded.

Sounds like a case of massive USER ERROR to me.

05-02-16 05:27 AM
    Huh??? Facebook notifications are working fine, and BlackBerry makes substantial efforts to get their software right. For instance, c_bryant posts here nights and weekends to help us. Your accusations are rude and unfounded.

Sounds like a case of massive USER ERROR to me.

"Unfounded?" I have decades of BlackBerry OS, BB10 and Android user experience. I wouldn't be posting about bugs and issues on this forum if everything worked properly. I have better things to do. No Facebook or Instagram notifications in Hub, no matter what I do. BlackBerry might be "spending substantial efforts," but it's not working.
    05-02-16 05:34 AM
    I'm having a similar issue - I've been using my PRIV and have had Facebook notifications show up in my hub all along until a few days ago. I haven't changed the settings, and it's still checked off in the hub view. When I select the Facebook account only within the hub, I see all the notifications, but when the hub is set to show me ALL accounts in the view, they aren't included. They're there since I can see them when Facebook only is selected - any ideas why they aren't displayed when I want to see all account notifications? I installed Android 6 / Marshmallow today hoping it would fix it, but it didn't. Tried logging in and out of Facebook too. Thanks in advance.
    leopardgirl likes this.
    05-03-16 10:32 PM
    Since I switched to the Priv two weeks ago, I get random notifications in my hub; group posts & post I commented on.
    I do not get any notifications from my friends that I have flagged to show their notifications.
    I don't even receive notifications from when someone comments on my post.
    I have tried everything to see if the notifications will start.
    I usually get over 100 notifications in a day on my Q5, on my Priv I barely receive over 5 notifications.
    I updated to Marshmallow yesterday hoping it would fix it, no change.
    Is it Andriod? or is it the Facebook App?
    05-04-16 06:49 PM
    I'm having a similar issue - I've been using my PRIV and have had Facebook notifications show up in my hub all along until a few days ago. I haven't changed the settings, and it's still checked off in the hub view. When I select the Facebook account only within the hub, I see all the notifications, but when the hub is set to show me ALL accounts in the view, they aren't included. They're there since I can see them when Facebook only is selected - any ideas why they aren't displayed when I want to see all account notifications? I installed Android 6 / Marshmallow today hoping it would fix it, but it didn't. Tried logging in and out of Facebook too. Thanks in advance.
    Try one of these two things for me and let me know if this fixes....

1) Un-sync any deleted items folders you are syncing for email accounts and clear hub data/cache -- system settings > apps > Hub > storage. Note: This will reset Hub to a fresh state (accounts WILL still be there), but you may have to re-do some settings.

2) Simply change the "show filed emails in" setting to Folder View Only.

Let me know.
    05-05-16 12:14 PM