Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Title says it all. Why not? I just added a BBM contact, and they don't show up in my contacts list. Even if the person uses a slightly different name in BBM I should be able to link or enter the pin in contacts, no? What am I missing here?
    05-17-16 08:29 PM
    Title says it all. Why not? I just added a BBM contact, and they don't show up in my contacts list. Even if the person uses a slightly different name in BBM I should be able to link or enter the pin in contacts, no? What am I missing here?
    BB inexplicably did not add BBM contacts to their own Contacts app in Android. Utterly bizarre.

There is no solution. They can't be connected.
    05-17-16 08:39 PM
    Strangely I have one contact that was imported from my Z10, and in an IM field it has a pin # and BBM PIN in the menu!?
    Attached Thumbnails No BBM PIN field in Contacts?-1463543585789.jpg  
    05-17-16 10:53 PM
    Yes you can put it in the IM field but it doesn't have any functionality. I have posted in a couple of different threads hoping to get BlackBerry's attention to integrate BBM into contacts and contacts into BBM. I find it equally important to go from a BBM chat and just link through to the persons contact card to start another type of communication (such as a voice call if one of you is not on Wi-Fi). Hope this gains attention and shows up in a future update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    05-18-16 06:10 AM
    Strangely if you try to add it to an IM field manually, BBM isn't even one of the menu items! Totally baffles me...
    05-19-16 08:55 AM
    Just wanted to mention that i also miss this functionality....
    06-18-16 03:16 PM
    It's one of the stupidest things BlackBerry has overlooked. BBM integration is a no-brainer, so what does its omission say?

06-18-16 04:41 PM
    This is a real oversight or limitation of the system. Not sure which. Looks like Facebook contacts don't make it to Contacts either. Sigh.

07-20-16 11:17 AM
    The Android contacts system lets apps (Facebook, BBM, LinkedIn, etc.) donate their contacts to the system and manage them appropriately via the standard API. The contacts app itself knows nothing about the contacts of each individual app and when things change.
    07-20-16 11:58 AM
    The Android contacts system lets apps (Facebook, BBM, LinkedIn, etc.) donate their contacts to the system and manage them appropriately via the standard API. The contacts app itself knows nothing about the contacts of each individual app and when things change.
    Thanks for your reply. I'm struggling to have bbm and Facebook contacts show up in the contacts app. I've gone to settings and tried to add account, but when I choose bbm or FB, it tells me " only one BBM / Facebook account is supported."

07-20-16 12:25 PM
    Came across this after trying to compose a BBM message with Google Assistant. When i say "Send "BBM Contact Name" a BBM message", Google Assistant appears to look for "BBM Contact Name" but then responds with "No contact details for "BBM Contact Name"". So Google Assistant completely understands how to compose a BBM message but can't find any of my BBM contacts details.

I tried adding my contact's BBM account to their contact info in BB Contacts and was absolutely shocked that I couldn't.
    04-06-17 01:30 PM