Is there any reason why BlackBerry couldn't have implemented a BB10 style boot screen that displayed the blurbs about what was going on during the secure boot process? Those little security blurbs could have been good PR, letting laymans know why it takes longer for the Priv to boot than other Android phones.

I'm guessing that only animations can be played during an Android boot? Because BB10's 0-100% Squircle is pretty cool too, besides the secure boot blurbed steps that were added recently. I feel like the Bug Shield logo should have had the 0-100% ring animated around it instead of the silly triangle/circle/square animation that we're stuck with (in line with the more Android-centric ADD UI flourishes I guess...no substance, but lots of animations!).

One more thing: is there any way to disable that ATT boot boot logo jingle? I feel like that's the kind of thing that would get a person killed in a horror movie.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:53 AM
    Because it's Android, not BB10.

Man you people are worse than the fake outrage over a Starbucks cup.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    11-13-15 09:08 AM
    Because it's Android, not BB10.

Man you people are worse than the fake outrage over a Starbucks cup.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    I'm asking a technical question. Does the boot screen allow for the same kind of information as BB10, or does it only allow for animations, looping or otherwise.

All I'm saying is that if BlackBerry threw in some secure booting text that outline the steps that are occurring during the boot process, well that would make them look really good to the average user (and there would be no slow boot frustration...though the priv boots pretty fast in my experience).

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 09:10 AM
    I'm asking a technical question. Does the boot screen allow for the same kind of information as BB10, or does it only allow for animations, looping or otherwise.

All I'm saying is that if BlackBerry threw in some secure booting text that outline the steps that are occurring during the boot process, well that would make them look really good to the average user (and there would be no slow boot frustration...though the priv boots pretty fast in my experience).

Posted via CB10
    I think android is strictly animations on a loop.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    11-13-15 09:12 AM
    I think android is strictly animations on a loop.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    Thanks, I had a feeling this was the case. Even a fake bit of looping text, or a static line of text alerting the user to a secure boot could be smart.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 09:14 AM
    Why are you rebooting often enough for this to even matter? My Priv boots up fast.
    11-13-15 10:26 AM
    Why are you rebooting often enough for this to even matter? My Priv boots up fast.
    I'm not, but I have seen boot up time criticism online. Mainly for the initial boot. But I can imagine new users scratching their collective heads and complaining about how their Priv takes longer to boot than their old iPhone or Galaxy. Plus, why not have a cool boot screen?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 11-13-15 at 12:19 PM.
    11-13-15 12:02 PM