Hi awesome BlackBerry Priv users,

Most of us don't use the physical keyboard very often as it is a slide out phone so we always end up using the virtual one! Which is a fact.

So what I did today is that I went to settings/apps and disabled the BlackBerry keyboard and believe me I now feel like I got a brand new phone with only a physical keyboard as the virtual one is a battery drianer, also, I'm trying not to touch the screen at all, scrolling instagram photos, reading articles..... etc
    And now, I can say I'm not even looking at the keyboard, instead I'm just focusing on what I'm typing.

Another way to save battery, head to Developers options/drawing and turn all animations off, this
    will make you feel like your phone has got 6gb of RAM as it helps multitasking faster than ever, as well as opening/closing an application.

Also, make sure you disable auto gmail sync for unimportant Google accounts, this is indeed a battery destroyer, to do so, open Settings/accounts/google click at the account and uncheck gmail and other stuff you don't need.

Uninstall Apps you don't use, also, avoid installing those that claim to cool your phone or help saving battery, cause they don't do so, and instead, they make your battery drain like crazy.

Disable Location services for apps you don't use by opening the Dtek app then deny the onces you don't want to use your Location.

Now Enjoy your brand new phone!

No screen touching!! more battery life!!
    faster device!! no lags!! no overheat!!
    Love your phone more....

Thank you, and always stay BlackBerry!
    Written by heart, from a diehard BB user.
    Last edited by Ecm; 04-19-19 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Pic removed as requested
    liddonfew and Jack_Northern like this.
    04-19-19 09:16 AM
    I didn't disable the VKB but I indeed did a full wipe and only loaded what was needed for apps. Then I disabled the hub, changed the animation setting and only allowed push sync to my main Gmail account. The phone is now a beast with little lag, no overheating and way better battery life.
    Blackberrydz likes this.
    05-11-19 05:28 PM
    thanks mate! I turned animations off and I have now brand new phone! battery is beast after that trick
    Blackberrydz likes this.
    05-16-19 11:30 PM
    Oh cool man, glad I helped
    thanks mate! I turned animations off and I have now brand new phone! battery is beast after that trick
    05-17-19 08:39 AM
    Does disabling animations really help with battery? I think it just speeds up the navigating a bit.
    I wonder if there's some app out there that could effectively throttle the 808 and actually have it sip less juice, even at the expense of some (much needed) speed.
    05-17-19 11:37 AM
    Last edited by s40638; 05-23-19 at 06:33 AM.
    05-18-19 10:20 AM
    Does disabling animations really help with battery? I think it just speeds up the navigating a bit.
    I wonder if there's some app out there that could effectively throttle the 808 and actually have it sip less juice, even at the expense of some (much needed) speed.
    Pretty sure the point above that disabling animations reduces LAG and that it's just one of a few optimizations, some of which help with battery too.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-19 07:57 AM