I'm having to manually update apps by going to Play Store > My apps & games, then individually updating each app.
    I'm on home WiFi regularly and turned auto update on in settings, but it doesn't seem to work.
    Any tips?
    Thanks in advance!
    12-13-16 11:10 AM
    Have you checked Settings: Apps: Google Play Store: Notifications? Mine says "Normal". If yours doesn't you can change it. I think it first gives a notification and then auto-updates later. I get notifications both before and after updates.
    FF22 and Ecm like this.
    12-13-16 12:32 PM
    I'm having to manually update apps by going to Play Store > My apps & games, then individually updating each app.
    I'm on home WiFi regularly and turned auto update on in settings, but it doesn't seem to work.
    Any tips?
    Thanks in advance!
    You might want to reboot and see if that works. Do you have the latest versions of the Playstore and Services apps on your phone.

I, for one, do it manually. That way I remain in control of what gets updated. I read the app's update blurb and then reviews before rushing to update apps.
    PHughes likes this.
    12-13-16 12:37 PM
    Any tips?
    Thanks in advance!
    I believe auto-updates only occur when your phone is charging, in order to not waste battery on it.

Besides, you don't have to manually update each app. There's an "Update all" button.
    12-13-16 12:51 PM
    I believe auto-updates only occur when your phone is charging, in order to not waste battery on it.

Besides, you don't have to manually update each app. There's an "Update all" button.
    You can restrict to WiFi-only, but not charging-only.
    12-13-16 12:54 PM
    Have you checked Settings: Apps: Google Play Store: Notifications? Mine says "Normal". If yours doesn't you can change it. I think it first gives a notification and then auto-updates later. I get notifications both before and after updates.
    This seems to be they way my app updates happen as well.
    12-13-16 01:04 PM
    I don't update certain apps that I don't use that appear for some reason. Bloatware never gets updated and apps I tried and rejected show up as well. Those I do not update.

May take a little longer, but I don't fill my phone with useless (to me) apps.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-13-16 01:27 PM
    I don't update certain apps that I don't use that appear for some reason. Bloatware never gets updated and apps I tried and rejected show up as well. Those I do not update.

May take a little longer, but I don't fill my phone with useless (to me) apps.
    Any app you choose (or are forced) to have on your device, you should update. Bugs that go unfixed can cause problems even when you don't run the apps.
    12-13-16 01:43 PM
    You can restrict to WiFi-only, but not charging-only.
    I'm not talking about restricting, I'm saying that when I had auto-update turned on it only updated automatically while the phone was charging. Other times I'd get notifications about available updates.
    12-13-16 01:44 PM
    Apps will only auto update if they don't require any extra permissions I believe.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-16 01:48 PM
    I'm not talking about restricting, I'm saying that when I had auto-update turned on it only updated automatically while the phone was charging. Other times I'd get notifications about available updates.
    Don't need to have it plugged in, no.
    12-13-16 02:33 PM
    You might want to reboot and see if that works. Do you have the latest versions of the Playstore and Services apps on your phone.

I, for one, do it manually. That way I remain in control of what gets updated. I read the app's update blurb and then reviews before rushing to update apps.
    Agreed.
    12-13-16 02:38 PM
    Have you checked Settings: Apps: Google Play Store: Notifications? Mine says "Normal".
    Hadn't verified that previously but indeed mine says normal.

Play store and services are all most current versions.

"Auto-update" settings are all turned on in Play store settings and "Auto-update" box is checked in upper right hand corner menu of Play store.

Still not updating automatically. Maybe the issue is that I'm not charging for long enough? Usually I charge at home for approximately four hours while connected to home WiFi.
    12-13-16 04:23 PM