So, I've had my price since the day att released it. I've loved it but it's about time to move on. And I'm considering my first ever non-blackberry smartphone. Since I rarely use the physical keyboard now I'm not very excited about the keyone, though I am considering it. But leaning towards something like a pixel loaded with the BlackBerry apps.
    Thoughts?
    Suggestions?
    Anyone running the hub on a non-blackberry device?
    08-16-17 12:35 PM
    I run the hub on my android devices.
    08-16-17 01:11 PM
    Not a great experience on a Samsung device... as you can't disable Samsung's apps. On my MOTO it was a better experienced as you had control to delete or at least disable most of the same apps that HUB+ has. All that said if money meant nothing the NOTE 8 looks nice.

Me.... I'd wait and see what Google's next gen phones look like, or at least let those push down the existing prices.

Really depends on your budget and what you want out of a device.... OnePlus has some nice devices too.
    08-16-17 01:11 PM
    The OnePlus 5 looks really nice. I think that will be my next device.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    08-16-17 01:20 PM
    My next device will be a like new, used three days Priv I bought locally a month ago from an acquaintance who is transferring overseas. I haven't seen anything on the horizon I like better and so far I really have come to like this phone and the pkb.
    08-16-17 09:38 PM
    Give LG G5 a go.

it can be had for a very cheap price on ebay now. it is one of the cheapest ways to get a SD 820 on a phone.
    08-17-17 07:52 AM
    Give LG G5 a go.

it can be had for a very cheap price on ebay now. it is one of the cheapest ways to get a SD 820 on a phone.
    If you don't need GPS to work at all after a soft week of use, or a power button for more than three months...... It's a steal. Lol
    08-17-17 08:12 AM
    I'd wait for an android 8 device. Those are supposed to be a part of Google's new project treble, which is supposed to be a way to reduce the OS fragmentation that happens in android. The first of those devices will be the upcoming Pixel 2s. After that, android should be much better.

On a side note, I'm also watching the Essential Phone. I'm kind of curious to see where it goes, since one of the founders of Android made it.
    08-17-17 10:46 AM
    The suggested price isn't as attractive on the Essential phone as the OnePlus 5, but we will see what the value is for the price when it is actually released.
    08-17-17 10:55 AM
    I'm going to stick with the priv for another year or so, but I feel most devices out there are pretty much all the same. I think I comes down to your must have features. I must have wireless charging, expandable storage, and at least 4 gb of ram. A pkb would be nice but I think I would think twice about anything BlackBerry branded at this point.
    08-17-17 01:16 PM
    If you're interested in the next Pixel, I'd wait until launch (October or so) to see just which rumors are real and which aren't. But regardless, between the Hub suite subscription and Cobalt's version, you're covered with BlackBerry apps on non-BlackBerry Android phones.

I think I comes down to your must have features. I must have wireless charging, expandable storage, and at least 4 gb of ram.
    Note 8 it is, then.
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    08-17-17 01:22 PM
    hope BlackBerry again
    08-17-17 04:22 PM
    I drive the Sony XZ Premium loaded with the Hub and it works well. Priv also but it does not get much use these days. The PKB is something that I am using less and less so the K1 is not necessary. Now what would be nice is to have the processing power of the current phones like the. XZ in a BlackBerry form. The Priv is ok but not great. Laggy.
    08-17-17 06:23 PM
    OP, i've just gone in that direction to replace my Galaxy J3. Still love my Passport SE as my main messaging device.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-17-17 08:53 PM
    The suggested price isn't as attractive on the Essential phone as the OnePlus 5, but we will see what the value is for the price when it is actually released.
    Exactly this. That price is wayyy too steep for a phone without a headphone jack or waterproofing. I personally think it'll drop a couple hundred in price within the first year.
    08-17-17 11:20 PM
    I'm waiting to see the specs and reviews for a few phones that are expected to come out over the next few months: Nokia 8 (9 if anything substantial comes of it soon), Sony Xperia XZ1 Premium (if I can get the fingerprint reader to work in Canada), the Essential phone, Apple iPhone 8 and a remote possibility of the KeyOne (although I consider the screen size, specs, and ongoing issues to be too much to really consider buying it). Samsung, Xiaomi and LG leave me cold. Good specs, excellent screen, waterproofing and fingerprint are musts, dual sim would be nice, 64GB/4GB+expansion or more.
    Nathan Conley and Avenzuno like this.
    08-18-17 05:29 AM
    I'm curious about a few things given you've got an XZ - does the fingerprint reader work for you? If you are in Canada or US, was it much work to get it to work on your cellular network? Any issues?
    08-18-17 09:16 AM
    Not a great experience on a Samsung device... as you can't disable Samsung's apps. On my MOTO it was a better experienced as you had control to delete or at least disable most of the same apps that HUB+ has. All that said if money meant nothing the NOTE 8 looks nice.

Me.... I'd wait and see what Google's next gen phones look like, or at least let those push down the existing prices.

Really depends on your budget and what you want out of a device.... OnePlus has some nice devices too.
    Good point, I would also wait to see what the new I Phone really looks like.
    08-18-17 09:48 AM
    With a photo like that, you get a woof!
    newcollector likes this.
    08-18-17 09:48 AM
    ...a Passport SE is my next upgrade...from a regular Passport incidentally...

Posted on my Powerful Passport
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-18-17 10:20 AM
    Priv >>S7>>S9/Pixel2
    08-18-17 12:53 PM
    When BlackBerry comes out with another all touch device, I'll look at it.
    Kyle.E.Woyote likes this.
    08-18-17 04:23 PM
    When BlackBerry comes out with another all touch device, I'll look at it.

Yea, I am with you on waiting to see the all touch device that is slated for Q4 2017. I hope Blackberry Mobile/TCL do not come out with a Phone on Android N 3 months after Android O using a 2016 821 chip. It has to have Android O and 835 chip to compete with the competition.
    08-18-17 07:29 PM
    Yea, I am with you on waiting to see the all touch device that is slated for Q4 2017. I hope Blackberry Mobile/TCL do not come out with a Phone on Android N 3 months after Android O using a 2016 821 chip. It has to have Android O and 835 chip to compete with the competition.
    There are different price ranges phones compete in, the flagship one is already crowded with offerings BBMo would have a really hard time competing against.

I don't think they'll have much to gain in releasing something with a SD835 SOC.
    08-19-17 02:04 AM
    I hope they would price it accordingly if it has anything less than 835. if One Plus can release a phone with 835 and more Ram for less than $500.00 Usd...i do not see how BlackBerry Mobile could charge the same or more. I hope they do not make the same mistakes as BlackBerry did In the past.
    08-19-17 08:29 AM
36 12