09-11-17 06:17 AM
49 12
tools
    Don't ask me when it's gonna happen, We just need to wait

News about Nougat-nougat.jpg
    desporterizer and Tom Saigon like this.
    08-18-17 10:36 AM
    We've seen this before. I would give it about a 1 out of 100 on the credibility scale.
    08-18-17 10:40 AM
    Think the latest roll out for the KEYone had it coming to Nauru in Summer of 2020.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-18-17 10:52 AM
    Why does it matter to fully roll out the KeyOne until we get Nougat on the Priv? Are they going to repeat the same case with Marshmallow where we got it 6 months after everyone else did?
    08-18-17 05:26 PM
    Why does it matter to fully roll out the KeyOne until we get Nougat on the Priv? Are they going to repeat the same case with Marshmallow where we got it 6 months after everyone else did?
    Speaking glass half full, after the KEYone launch the software team should have more resources after the various different regional variants are all eased onto one or a few update tracks.

Speaking glass half empty, it's delaying the answer and hoping you don't notice.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-18-17 05:35 PM
    Are we expecting BlackBerry to release an OS update to any device not named KEYᵒⁿᵉ? I doubt we'll see it. I find it odd a company such as Xiaomi can completely reskin Android and release it to a line up of their phones, and BlackBerry, who launched near stock Android, can't get it out the door for three devices. I get their "special sauce" jargon they spew but it's getting harder, for me, to believe them anymore.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    08-18-17 07:13 PM
    It's a new company, it's not a stock Android, they have to make very safe and I guess it's not easy and fast think to do, may they have a small team.
    08-18-17 07:59 PM
    I don't think much of that post/comment. I'll believe it when I see it.

The reason for my skepticism is... what did BlackBerry say about Playbooks getting BB10? They said that Playbooks would get BB10. After awhile, they changed their tune and mentioned that Playbooks would not get BB10.
    dhasler and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-18-17 10:11 PM
    Just rumours. Nothing Official

News about Nougat-19621149_1593784020663609_3735269656577486738_o.jpg
    Last edited by Matty; 08-19-17 at 07:34 AM.
    PhamQuocAnh, dhasler and s40638 like this.
    08-19-17 02:28 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19621149_1593784020663609_3735269656577486738_o.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	428801
    Wow, and the source is reliable?
    08-19-17 05:08 AM
    Speaking glass half full, after the KEYone launch the software team should have more resources after the various different regional variants are all eased onto one or a few update tracks.

Speaking glass half empty, it's delaying the answer and hoping you don't notice.
    What about glass half attached? 😜
    maxideus likes this.
    08-19-17 05:14 AM
    I don't think much of that post/comment. I'll believe it when I see it.

The reason for my skepticism is... what did BlackBerry say about Playbooks getting BB10? They said that Playbooks would get BB10. After awhile, they changed their tune and mentioned that Playbooks would not get BB10.
    They at least gave a good reason for the deadbook not getting BB10 (insufficient RAM, something you can't simply upgrade). Not saying if it was or wasn't true, but technically believable.

There's no hardware restrictions keeping N off any of their android phones. It's just a matter of the resources they're willing to devote to it.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-19-17 05:18 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19621149_1593784020663609_3735269656577486738_o.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	428801
    Wooooww
    08-19-17 05:54 AM
    The source is reliable?
    Definitely not :P haha All just rumours at this point. I would love it to be Sept 8th Though.
    08-19-17 07:31 AM
    Are we expecting BlackBerry to release an OS update to any device not named KEYᵒⁿᵉ? I doubt we'll see it. I find it odd a company such as Xiaomi can completely reskin Android and release it to a line up of their phones, and BlackBerry, who launched near stock Android, can't get it out the door for three devices. I get their "special sauce" jargon they spew but it's getting harder, for me, to believe them anymore.
    It's not that they "can't" - it's that they don't want to.

The Priv will be two years old this fall, and has received a major update already.

Responsibility for the two DTEKs have recently been transfered to TCL, and it's now up to them as to what to do. I suspect they won't want to cannibalize sales of their upcoming Nougat slabs.
    08-19-17 07:41 AM

The Priv will be two years old this fall, and has received a major update already.

Responsibility for the two DTEKs have recently been transfered to TCL, and it's now up to them as to what to do. I suspect they won't want to cannibalize sales of their upcoming Nougat slabs.
    Come on bro... it's nearly impossible to find any of the DTEKs for sale any where. Mind you I haven't searched myself and yes I'm sure if I do I can find used ones. I'm speaking about brand spanking new.
    I'm going to counter your cannabilize argument with other manufacturers again. See previous generations of Xiaomi, Samsung, OnePlus, and Apple devices. A large percentage of older phones from these companies get OS updates and many regardless of age. The PRIV being two years old is not a good argument.
    To say TCL is now responsible - which you say in countless threads - is understandable but ultimately, if BlackBerry wants to rebuild their brand, and continue having the general public purchase their devices, they are responsible. Nevermind the licence agreement they sign - brand reputation. They can learn a lot from Apple
    08-19-17 08:22 AM
    What about glass half attached?
    The KEYone already has Nougat.
    08-19-17 08:26 AM
    Come on bro... it's nearly impossible to find any of the DTEKs for sale any where. Mind you I haven't searched myself and yes I'm sure if I do I can find used ones. I'm speaking about brand spanking new.
    I'm going to counter your cannabilize argument with other manufacturers again. See previous generations of Xiaomi, Samsung, OnePlus, and Apple devices. A large percentage of older phones from these companies get OS updates and many regardless of age. The PRIV being two years old is not a good argument.
    To say TCL is now responsible - which you say in countless threads - is understandable but ultimately, if BlackBerry wants to rebuild their brand, and continue having the general public purchase their devices, they are responsible. Nevermind the licence agreement they sign - brand reputation. They can learn a lot from Apple
    Sigh.

First, updating DTEKs to Nougat WOULD cannibalize sales of its new Nougat slab. TCL may be better to offer a discount to existing DTEK users rather than the expense of updating and supporting Nougat on the DTEKs anyway.

Second, BlackBerry has moved on and is focused on other ventures. They are completely satisfied with allowing its licencees to handle the device brand - which wouldn't exist otherwise.

Third, ultimately, BlackBerry UEM and BlackBerry Radar customers wouldn't give a sweet damn what happens with devices.
    anon(3732391) and zephyr613 like this.
    08-19-17 08:59 AM
    Sigh.

First, updating DTEKs to Nougat WOULD cannibalize sales of its new Nougat slab. TCL may be better to offer a discount to existing DTEK users rather than the expense of updating and supporting Nougat on the DTEKs anyway.

Second, BlackBerry has moved on and is focused on other ventures. They are completely satisfied with allowing its licencees to handle the device brand - which wouldn't exist otherwise.

Third, ultimately, BlackBerry UEM and BlackBerry Radar customers wouldn't give a sweet damn what happens with devices.
    How would it cannabilize sales? Your argument is not clear since every major manufacturer will update older versions of their phones and don't seem to be dramatically impacted by it. It shows buyers their investment is supported.

Yes. BlackBerry has moved on and don't care about their image. Brand reputation is lost on this company. No argument here.

BlackBerry's definition of customers is indeed entirely different from what the general population says. Whereas majority of the world sees a phone with a BlackBerry logo and stays away from it. Regardless of your breakdown of terms, agreement, licencing, contracts, and "business" jargon most people will continue to stay away since BlackBerry don't seem to care about the traditional definition of customer.

At the end of the day bro....bottom line... we will agree to disagree. There is no need for you to repeat what you have already said above, and in countless threads on this forum. It's the weekend man...go enjoy yourself. Have a good one - no sarcasm, no hate.
    08-19-17 10:14 AM
    Originally Posted by nuff_said
    it's nearly impossible to find any of the DTEKs for sale any where. Mind you I haven't searched myself and yes I'm sure if I do I can find used ones. I'm speaking about brand spanking new.

Sigh.

nuff_said lost me at "brand spanking new."
    This just may be the record for the most contradictions used within just a few short sentences.
    I never fail to learn something new from contite and try to read several of his posts every day.
    But, this isn't about praising contite. He doesn't need it. I just want to know how you managed to wade through those first two lines . You're at risk of completely exposing your fine sense of humor, of which I used to kid you about not having one .
    ( just another reason why you get paid the big money!!

contite...sarcasm. ?? Not on your life. Besides, that's my territory!!
    08-20-17 03:05 AM

conite...sarcasm. ?? Not on your life. Besides, that's my territory!!
    That territory is in good hands.

I assume by "territory" you mean "psych ward"?
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    08-20-17 07:27 AM
    I would not count on the Priv getting android 7.
    08-20-17 04:15 PM
    BlackBerry is beyond Prv into salvage mode...
    08-20-17 05:33 PM
    That territory is in good hands.

I assume by "territory" you mean "psych ward"?
    Third floor lock-up... "The Pantless Asylum"
    08-21-17 05:46 AM

And if thats the way they will update devices, i am never gonna buy a BlackBerry again..
    08-21-17 05:01 PM
49 12