Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hello all,
    This Priv really doesn't like me.

Last week I bought a new SD card. I inserted it and followed all the guided steps to rightfully install it. The memory in the phone doubled and I still have 2 GB in the SD card. Cool.

Everything worked great for exactly 8 days. The performance of the phone got better and it is faster too. Cool!

Yesterday morning I woke up and I saw something was not right. As of today I cannot receive images on chats, I cannot send any file or image on WhatsApp, Telegram, BBM, etc... and I cannot even send voice notes.
    Spotify tells me that "No Storage Area Found" and when I click on the "Storage Settings" nothing happens.
    I can't take pictures and God forbid videos.

I'm confused since I still have 2 GB on the SD and 12 GB on the phone.

Any clue?
    Last edited by irenejazz; 07-31-17 at 10:32 AM.
    07-31-17 10:16 AM
    Hopefully you did not format the SD card as internal storage. That has been known to cause issues for some. But first thing to do is a 32 second reboot. Hold down the power button and keep holding it even after the pop up screen. Hold until the phone vibrates and reboots. This does to your Priv what the old battery pulls used to do.
    07-31-17 10:32 AM
    I did it twice and nothing happened.
    If I accidentally formatted on the SD card how can I go back?
    Is there a way to fix that or is it all lost and I need to fully clear and reset the phone?
    07-31-17 11:26 AM
    So, I formatted the SD card and the phone works fine. Unfortunately though now it doesn't accept the SD card anymore.
    It says that is an Unsupported SanDisk Card. I try to set it up in a supported format but it doesn't work.
    Do I have to get a new SD card?
    07-31-17 01:13 PM
    Did you download the Microsoft exFat for BlackBerry App from the Play Store?
    PHughes likes this.
    07-31-17 01:49 PM
    I just did. Not sure how to use it though
    08-03-17 05:09 AM
    I just did. Not sure how to use it though
    You don't have to use exFat, it just has to be there. If you originally formatted card for internal memory or adopted,, which you did. You then have to reformat the card in the phone, otherwise it's in a weird format and encrypted, useless anywhere else.
    At this point, if a computer will recognize the card, erase it, then put it in phone and format as external, or portable. Then set your camera to store everything on SD, same for music, and move any videos to it.
    If a computer will not recognize it, then try putting it back in phone, then
    Settings > Storage and USB > tap the SD icon > 3 dot menu > Settings > you should have an option there to reformat as external.
    08-03-17 07:20 AM