Is the color saturation slider working as it should?
    Yeap, it's back. My screen's saturation is back to its normal. Looking good so far.

however we still demand an explanation from BB regarding this very long delay.
    Last edited by yvpan1; 07-29-17 at 12:12 AM.
    07-28-17 11:06 PM
    Does anyone here know why or what could be the causes of device heating up and freezing or is it an isolated incident ?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-17 12:42 AM
    Does anyone here know why or what could be the causes of device heating up and freezing or is it an isolated incident ?

Posted via CB10
    I know device heating is a serious issue for some, but my asia pac priv hasn't suffered from it, even on 43C days here last summer.

(And it was on one such extremely hot day that I did a security update)
    07-29-17 01:15 AM
    Yeap, it's back. My screen's saturation is back to its normal. Looking good so far.

however we still demand an explanation from BB regarding this very long delay.
    Who cares? LOL I demand explanation regarding lack of Nougat for Priv
    07-29-17 09:12 AM
    Who cares? LOL I demand explanation regarding lack of Nougat for Priv
    BlackBerry has never hinted that priv will receive nougat, how can you DEMAND an explanation of the lack of nougat when the priv isn't actually "lacking" it.

On the other hand i'm interested why they won't confirm anything regarding the priv/dtek nougat update situation.

Also, nougat nougat nougat nougat nougat.

-nougat
    07-29-17 10:42 AM
    Is the color saturation slider working as it should?
    It has worked on mine since the early July update. I think the difference shown on the adjustment screen is subtle, but it does make a difference. I prefer mine towards the subtle end of the adjustment, and it is there now. It still works after the latest update.
    07-29-17 11:17 AM
    STV100-4, South Africa, Vodacom. Just downloaded the update
    Did you get the July 1st Patch from Vodacom or just this one on the 25th? 😃 (I'm also from SA but using a USA Priv haha) all about that wireless charging.
    07-30-17 03:01 PM
    I have Blackberry Priv AT&T unlocked. How I can update this phone for android 6.0.1
    07-30-17 04:19 PM
    No update on my STV100-3 with Telus. Still on the June 5th up day... one day left in July.
    07-30-17 04:30 PM
    I also received a 2nd update on my STV100-1 unlocked on the AT&T. My build number is now AAM940. I had already received my July Security Update at the start of the month. Haven't noticed any obvious improvements especially in the area of overheating while watching a podcast.
    07-30-17 07:46 PM
    found a bug on AAM940

under settings, the search no longer works; previously can use the search, to home in on a setting hidden within the sub-menus, now can't
    07-31-17 01:28 AM
    Like so many on VZW, last day of July, nothing yet.
    07-31-17 05:08 AM
    Did you get the July 1st Patch from Vodacom or just this one on the 25th? 😃 (I'm also from SA but using a USA Priv haha) all about that wireless charging.
    Both
    07-31-17 11:59 AM
    found a bug on AAM940

under settings, the search no longer works; previously can use the search, to home in on a setting hidden within the sub-menus, now can't
    Works on mine. I just tried it. Have you done a restart? Hold down power button for 32 seconds.
    07-31-17 04:15 PM
    Both
    Awesome 😃 Thanks for the response.

I specially got a USA Priv because it took so long for BB10 updates to come through and all my USA friends where enjoying new versions and I had to wait sometimes 6 weeks later lol.
    08-01-17 08:21 AM
    We are in August and I haven't received the July security update... I usually received them after the 20th of every month. Don't know what's going on.

Tried removing SIM card and connect to WiFi .... no update
    08-02-17 03:09 AM
    We are in August and I haven't received the July security update... I usually received them after the 20th of every month. Don't know what's going on.

Tried removing SIM card and connect to WiFi .... no update
    Good question... I have yet to receive the July Security Patch update from AT&T for my carrier locked Priv. Typically AT&T has been 7-10 days behind the official release from BlackBerry before they push it out.

I did contact AT&T about this, although not expecting a satisfactory response, and in their typical fashion I was told their development team was checking it out on their system.

In that it is now August and evidently this new Security Patch must be in need of a lot of technical scrutiny... 🤔 😁

Bob
    08-03-17 09:48 AM
    This kind of things make me wonder about staying with BlackBerry. Was considering the KEYOne but the Priv's screen size and form factor has me spooled. Also the KEYOne I want now is the New Limited Edition Black with more RAM, dual sum and 64GB memory
    08-03-17 11:12 AM
    This kind of things make me wonder about staying with BlackBerry. Was considering the KEYOne but the Priv's screen size and form factor has me spooled. Also the KEYOne I want now is the New Limited Edition Black with more RAM, dual sum and 64GB memory
    What kind of things make you wonder about staying with Blackberry?
    08-04-17 11:35 AM
    What kind of things make you wonder about staying with Blackberry?
    The fact that my Priv will never get Nougat and that the phone is now discontinued after less than 2 years.

I don't want to change this phone for now but it needs an OS update. Also I missed the July security patch. We are in August now and no sign of it.

Also the KEYOne is very highly priced in Canada at the moment to buy unlocked. I don't usually buy phones from carriers and my next phone has to unlocked out of the box.

These types of things make me wonder if it's worth it to keep buying BlackBerry phones. On the other hand the most unique phones in the market are BlackBerry. Everything else looks the same ..... just a glass slab
    08-04-17 01:04 PM
    The fact that my Priv will never get Nougat and that the phone is now discontinued after less than 2 years.

I don't want to change this phone for now but it needs an OS update. Also I missed the July security patch. We are in August now and no sign of it.

Also the KEYOne is very highly priced in Canada at the moment to buy unlocked. I don't usually buy phones from carriers and my next phone has to unlocked out of the box.

These types of things make me wonder if it's worth it to keep buying BlackBerry phones. On the other hand the most unique phones in the market are BlackBerry. Everything else looks the same ..... just a glass slab
    There is only so much you can do to about the priv battery drain and heat issues via a software update, and it's possible most of it has already been done.
    Only receiving one major android version update is disturbing but technically the company that made the phone isn't the same company anymore, the security updates get pushed by the carrier if it is locked to one.
    You could always give BBMo a shot and try their product, but no one yet knows how they will do long-term.
    08-04-17 01:51 PM
    There is only so much you can do to about the priv battery drain and heat issues via a software update, and it's possible most of it has already been done.
    Only receiving one major android version update is disturbing but technically the company that made the phone isn't the same company anymore, the security updates get pushed by the carrier if it is locked to one.
    You could always give BBMo a shot and try their product, but no one yet knows how they will do long-term.
    Thanks for the reply, will think about giving BBMo a chance. Will wait for the KEYOne to drop in price and see what happens
    08-04-17 03:30 PM

Okay, just wondered. For me, I'm okay with the Priv. I know not all phone are updated more than once to another major release. The Priv had one. Mine works well and I routinely get 12+ hours between charges. I also knew going in that it might eat the battery. The phone works fine. My wife's S4 is still on Lolipop and interestingly, her world hasn't crashed. He phone still works fine.

I understand wanting, and that is your choice. I honestly don't understand why Blackberry is even trying to stay in the game. People do nothing but complain about them.

For me, I appreciate the security their version of the OS offers. When I need a new phone, I will consider another Blackberry, as long as they have a phone that meets my needs. I'm not too keen on the KeyOne. I like the full screen of the Priv, but then again, I am not currently looking for a replacement. I don't care for glass backed phones, so I went with the Priv over the Dtek 60.

I get the high prices. That is why I waited and bough mine on Black Friday. $299 is doable.

Hope you find what you are looking for.
    08-04-17 04:17 PM
    Thanks man! will wait and see what happens down the line. Once you get used to the uniqueness of the slider is hard to find a replacement. I installed Nova Launcher and changed the whole look and functionality and I like that. Who knows if there will be a Priv2 or I'll just end yup buying another Priv when my battery reaches EOL. I am with you on choosing Priv over DTEK60. I would have done the same. Priv is just a super unique phone. There's nothing like it out there.
    PHughes likes this.
    08-04-17 04:26 PM
174 ... 567