Have you tried lowering the resolution to 1080x1920?
    Most of us have no need to do that.
    02-16-18 05:01 PM
    Kill the wise guy! JK Bla1ze you know we love you :P
    Somedays we love him like an ex wife
    02-16-18 10:33 PM
    Blackberries two first sliders were a success in their day.
    instead of building on this ,the concept was abandoned for PKB or touch screen none of which seemed to catch the public imagination in the same way.
    PRIV broke the mold .except for production costs and first Android issues is a great unit and alone in the current field. I should have thought history would dictate an update rather than abandonment. As regards BlackBerry 10 good though it may be it is not dissasimiler to the old Betamax Vhs battle of the 70,s with I fear the same conclusion.
    Steelsheen and Qorax like this.
    02-17-18 12:06 AM
    If TCl can get the enterprise style device bandwagon going strong with Palm-BB-Lucent tradenames by 2021 or 22, heck we may even witness Microsoft Android licensed devices being created by them. I quite like TCL's strategy of low cost low risk in the niche consumer segment of pkb devices with sidekicks like motions to get along well.
    Qorax and Carjackd like this.
    02-17-18 01:00 AM
    Most of us have no need to do that.
    I wish i was one of those lucky priv users who did not have a horribly bad experience with their privs. Sigh...
    skinnymike1 and Steelsheen like this.
    02-17-18 01:02 AM
    I wish i was one of those lucky priv users who did not have a horribly bad experience with their privs. Sigh...
    My priv was flawless except the lack of updates.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-18 01:58 AM
    I am one of those lucky ones I guess as I'm only delighted with this phone. I loved my 9810 for the same reasons I love the Priv, screen real estate and a PKB. I don't like squinting lol.

It will be a charm if they repeat this excellent form factor and goes without saying that it will be my next phone.
    02-17-18 02:57 AM
    i am also Lucky with my Privs.

having 2 K1 has shown me how good the Priv is.

Priv is better now than it was when released.

some tweaks , and the experience is far more than good.

there is a guy in the forum that has a Priv with a uptime of 3000h.

basically it is a reliable device
    02-17-18 06:48 AM
    Take my money now BlackBerry! I love the slider form of my Priv, and I have been hoping for a new model. I just spent a bunch of money replacing the cracked screen and it was worth it. I now do half of my work on it instead of on my office desktop.
    Bla1ze brings us down to earth...
    Here on this thread I have discovered that I am not alone; there are other like-minded Priv owners who love the Priv form factor and want badly a new updated Priv like phone. I am all in for that!
    Thinking rationally about it, in one way, I wouldn't mind waiting until it can come out as a real flagship device that includes 5g capability (and is usable on T-Mobile). They are saying now that this technology may be coming in phones in 2019. Another part of me doesn't want to wait that long. But then the phone would be quickly left behind when that technology becomes mainstream.
    (This is appropriately typed on my Priv pkb ) Don't get me wrong, I have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and enjoy it immensely, but the Priv is such a great form factor and I use it on T-Mobile Digits together with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Steelsheen, Qorax and Drenis like this.
    02-18-18 12:40 AM
    I still use my Priv and it's the best phone I've ever owned, minus the battery life. It simply couldn't hold up to my heavy use.

So, I got a Huawei Mate 9. The battery life and performance are incredible, but I still pick up my Priv at home and use it on WIFI.

If a Priv type slider comes out, I'll pre order it in a second.
    Steelsheen likes this.
    02-18-18 01:40 AM
    I still use my Priv, and it's the best phone I've ever owned, minus the battery life. It simply couldn't hold up to my heavy use.

So, I got a Huawei Mate 9. The battery life and performance are incredible, but I still pick up my Priv at home and use it on WIFI.

If a Priv type slider comes out, I'll pre order it in a second.
    02-18-18 01:41 AM
    For some reason, the double post can't be deleted. My apologies.
    02-18-18 01:46 AM
    PRIV was my first BlackBerry device and after this I can't change brand... Priv, classic, Passport, KEYone. love of them... but why slider? I remember wasn't using kbr on PRIV. I have K1 if I want kbr.. I don't think it will be clever decision..
    02-18-18 02:29 AM
    Wow, there even would be space for a tool belt.

Bring it on.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-18 02:44 AM
    BlackBerry Priv 2: Patent Details Unique Camera Setup
    I don't know if this was already posted from IBT. A Priv Two with the battery life of the KEYone would be of interest to me. I have to say I am severely spoiled by the massively long battery life of the KEYone! From now on battery life is the number one aspect that I demand for any new phones!
    Last edited by EndRacism; 02-18-18 at 07:51 AM.
    02-18-18 07:27 AM
    I can wait for the uni just in case its released I really love the priv design, so the upgrade will really be a great deal though still enjoying my motion.....oops king battery
    02-18-18 09:42 AM
    I would like a PRIV 2 with the specifications below:

6.01" 1080x2160 pixels
    16MP 2160p - 8MP Frontal
    6 or 8GB RAM
    Snapdragon 835
    3800mAh Li-Po
    Iris Sensor

It's will be perfect!
    02-18-18 11:15 AM
    We'll have to wait and see for it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-18 06:47 PM
    If its true thats great.

I'll just wait the typical year or so until they discontinue it and pick it up for half the price or less.
    02-23-18 12:12 AM
    If its true thats great.

I'll just wait the typical year or so until they discontinue it and pick it up for half the price or less.
    BBMo/TCL seems to limit manufacturing so that unsold inventory doesn't seem to exist in quantities requiring heavy discounts.
    02-23-18 05:30 AM
    let hope
    02-23-18 07:26 PM

I've outlined my reasons here.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13138412

Not saying the source isn't credible, just saying the information is mixed up. When you start digging and researching further, it doesn't add up. At BEST.. the camera info is right and there's a very minimal chance the Uni name could be used for *something* (The name is already in use to a certain extent by TCL/Alcatel for their VR headset) but a device like the Priv being pushed out is HIGHLY unlikely.
    sighs . i really want to have a Priv2. im holding onto mine because i just cant with the formfactor of the KeyOne (although my non-BB friends are now BB converts because of it).

why cant TCL make a Priv2? (even if they rename it whatever, but yknow a SLIDER phone)
    02-24-18 02:14 AM
    why cant TCL make a Priv2? (even if they rename it whatever, but yknow a SLIDER phone)
    They could but if I had to go out on a limb, I'd say the metrics just aren't there to support the idea of putting another slider into the market. They presumably have an idea of what BlackBerry sold with the Priv and just don't want to travel down that path, least not for the next 2-3 devices anyway. Maybe that will change in the future, but it's not likely to happen in the next 2-3 devices.
    Qorax, skinnymike1 and Steelsheen like this.
    02-24-18 02:26 AM
    They could but if I had to go out on a limb, I'd say the metrics just aren't there to support the idea of putting another slider into the market. They presumably have an idea of what BlackBerry sold with the Priv and just don't want to travel down that path, least not for the next 2-3 devices anyway. Maybe that will change in the future, but it's not likely to happen in the next 2-3 devices.
    They just need to do better marketing / advertising. I still have people geeking out when they see me slide open my phone. If they placed this new phone in a good movie form Marvel or something, the Priv would have sold like crazy
    Qorax and Steelsheen like this.
    02-24-18 07:44 AM
    I still don't see the keyone nor the motion in Verizon anywhere. That is a HUGE market they have not even exposed themselves to.

My son-in-law works at verizon and my daughter works at sprint, neither one has even saw a motion nor keyone, and my son--in-law is the one that introduced my to the Priv and brought me into the blackberry world. I was never a BlackBerry fan before this phone
    02-24-18 07:47 AM
85 1234