Hey all. Just arrived from the z30 into the bb priv. And right now im loving the mix of android and physical keyboard
    12-30-16 01:43 PM
    Nice. Enjoy!
    brailosa likes this.
    12-30-16 01:53 PM
    Welcome to the Priv. I also came from the Z30. Priv works well for me. I still prefer the UI of BB10 but it wasn't enough to keep me from getting the Priv. I've had mine since this past summer and it has been working well. Sharp looking phone and all those apps! And still enough BlackBerry DNA to keep me happy.
    12-30-16 02:36 PM
    Welcome to the Priv. I also came from the Z30. Priv works well for me. I still prefer the UI of BB10 but it wasn't enough to keep me from getting the Priv. I've had mine since this past summer and it has been working well. Sharp looking phone and all those apps! And still enough BlackBerry DNA to keep me happy.
    I agree with you!
    12-30-16 03:49 PM
    I came from a Z30 too. I have had this Priv a week. I find it eats the battery pretty fast & android suppose to be the most customizable I find isn't. If programs hadn't dropped off my Z30 I would still have it. BlackBerry 10 was the best operating system. IMO. Some screens on this as my phone, text look childish. Why they couldn't have kept it more business like or have an option to change it. Oh well it's still a BlackBerry.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    12-30-16 04:18 PM
    Welcome to the party!!
    12-30-16 09:41 PM
    Welcome aboard!

You will definitely enjoy your new Priv. I've been rockin mine these last three months and everything has been great and problem free so far. I've experienced none of issues that I've read about before finally getting mine, so I'm truly stoked so far.

That said, however, I still find the pkb on my Q10 still superior so much that I bought a new Q10 just to make sure I still will have this serviceable handset years from now.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    12-30-16 11:37 PM
    Welcome to an very elite limited club,

You will enjoy the device a ton !
    12-31-16 02:25 AM
    I came from a Z30 too. I have had this Priv a week. I find it eats the battery pretty fast & android suppose to be the most customizable I find isn't. If programs hadn't dropped off my Z30 I would still have it. BlackBerry 10 was the best operating system. IMO. Some screens on this as my phone, text look childish. Why they couldn't have kept it more business like or have an option to change it. Oh well it's still a BlackBerry.
    There is an option, or rather a whole lot of options - just change the app to something you like.
    It's actually pretty reasonable with battery, BUT, you have to set it up properly, Android and all the apps come with every possible thing turned ON by default. Read some of the threads on battery life.
    Last edited by Wezard; 01-01-17 at 09:43 AM.
    01-01-17 09:20 AM
    I came from a Z30 as well, and have not looked back.
    01-05-17 12:32 PM
    I came from the Passport and was really resistant to moving to BlackDroid. I am glad I made the move and you will be too.
    01-05-17 12:41 PM
    Yeh, this cellphone is really great.

A great blend between 2 worlds: android and bb

Great battery, great apps, great funcionality.

Really good. Im happy with the purchase.

Im one of the peeps that bought it on the black friday sale
    newcollector likes this.
    01-05-17 03:18 PM
    If someone hasn't already mentioned this, check the PRIV forum - there are several threads on optimizing battery life. I use my PRIV for work email, reading and I REGULARLY go to bed with 40% or better battery remaining.

Check out the threads - they are very helpful / useful.
    01-05-17 03:51 PM
    I come from z30 also..had for about 2 weeks now..so far I like, though it's not perfect...you have apps galore to pick from-and there seems to be an update for many weekly....definetly not used to that on old BB, it has a great camera, still has one of my fav BlackBerry features with the hub (it's not exactly the same, but close enough),display is beautiful, battery life as good as with z30,.....the cons- it's not stereo like the z30, not a deal breaker though,PKB I seems a tad small,but most likely the more I use, I will get more accustomed to....my plan is to use vkb for a couple of words to a sentence and anything longer use the PKB, it is big, I said when got z30 that this is the limit on size for me-and priv is a tad bigger,but having this large awesome display is worth the trade off.

Side note: my z30 was a good phone,I, like many others feel the BlackBerry OS 10 was the best out there, but it was abanded by BlackBerry and app developers gave up on....no sense in beating a dead horse on that subject....i moved on and am happy with my PRIV
    FF22 and Wezard like this.
    01-05-17 08:29 PM