BlackBerry PRIV Review | Sarah Scoop

no technical review but good opinion of daily use
    01-06-16 03:23 PM
    No idea who she is.... but a very positive review from someone who comes across as an 'average user' as opposed to a techie
    Sigewif and andy957 like this.
    01-06-16 04:58 PM
    I can't see many more negative reviews anymore the Priv has proven itself over and over.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-06-16 08:17 PM
    BlackBerry PRIV Review | Sarah Scoop

no technical review but good opinion of daily use
    Sometimes it's refreshing to read a review by an everyday busy average person with common needs, and not an ultra-techie synopsis on specs most daily users would never comprehend.
    01-07-16 01:22 AM
    I hate to be "that guy" but, come on, did anyone actually read it? It's painfully obvious that was a sales pitch. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying..read it and you can tell after the second paragraph, and then it gets more obvious after every following paragraph. Personally, if I were in the market researching the Priv for potentially buying it, I'd steer clear of her "review". Guess I'm in the minority, though
    01-07-16 10:57 AM
    I hate to be "that guy" but, come on, did anyone actually read it? It's painfully obvious that was a sales pitch. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying..read it and you can tell after the second paragraph, and then it gets more obvious after every following paragraph. Personally, if I were in the market researching the Priv for potentially buying it, I'd steer clear of her "review". Guess I'm in the minority, though
    I dunno, she is some sort life coach and claims to be an inspirational celebrity. A quick glance over her blog it does seem evident that she receives products to review/hawk--it's how she earns her money--and she did state she received the Priv for review at the bottom, but so what? Bottom line is that it is people like Sarah and blogs such as this that will help sell the Priv way more than any Gizmodo, ArsTechna, CrackBerry, et al ever will. The vast majority of the world does not read tech blogs and I will argue that most people still are not aware that the Priv even exists, let alone BlackBerry anymore. Like it or not, Sarah Scoop, Good Morning America, Oprah, and the Kardashians are what "normal/average" people tune into.

For what it is worth, she sold the whole "productivity/GTD" angle far better than BlackBerry has ever been able to do, and you know what, for those soccer moms who are juggling kids, after school activities, errands, and always being on the go, stuff like this "review" are pure gold.
    01-07-16 12:41 PM
    I dunno, she is some sort life coach and claims to be an inspirational celebrity. A quick glance over her blog it does seem evident that she receives products to review/hawk--it's how she earns her money--and she did state she received the Priv for review at the bottom, but so what? Bottom line is that it is people like Sarah and blogs such as this that will help sell the Priv way more than any Gizmodo, ArsTechna, CrackBerry, et al ever will. The vast majority of the world does not read tech blogs and I will argue that most people still are not aware that the Priv even exists, let alone BlackBerry anymore. Like it or not, Sarah Scoop, Good Morning America, Oprah, and the Kardashians are what "normal/average" people tune into.

For what it is worth, she sold the whole "productivity/GTD" angle far better than BlackBerry has ever been able to do, and you know what, for those soccer moms who are juggling kids, after school activities, errands, and always being on the go, stuff like this "review" are pure gold.
    Haha, all good points really. I agree she did a good job marketing the whole productivity thing compared to BlackBerry. I also agree there is a market for her type of "review"..I keep it in quotes because of my own personal idea that that was not a review (when compared to tech sites like the ones you mentioned). Regular consumers might stumble upon her blog and pick up the Priv after reading that, so there are definitely positives.

I just meant that, for me, personally, that was not a real review; it was obvious that she hardly dove into the phone at all, she skimmed over BlackBerry's splash/pre-order-type page listing all of the features the phone might have. It was very surface-level and felt disingenuous, that's all. So, to sum up, I agree that her words can bring positivism and get non-techy consumers to look at the Priv, but when viewed from the lens of an actual review, that was very fake; sorry. :-/

Again, though, all my opinion, and I mean no offense to anyone! :-)
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-07-16 12:54 PM
    Nicely done. Thanks op
    01-07-16 12:57 PM
    Refreshing read.. Thanks for sharing.
    01-07-16 01:59 PM
    No you're not. For a "blogger", she sure needs to brush up on her writing skills. Using "to" instead of "too", punctuation missing where needed. Punctuation where not needed or used improperly. Hey, I'm not some kind of English language scholar, but I'm not trying to claim I am some kind of "reviewer" and have a website to brag about myself.
    Useless website and useless person in my opinion.
    This is the 'about Sarah'
    "MEET SARAH:
    Sarah Ruhlman is the creator of SarahScoop.com. She is a lifestyle blogger and online influencer. Sarah loves all things fashion, beauty, fitness, fun, DIY, celebrities, etc. She created Sarah Scoop to give everyone the scoop on their favorite things.
    LOL.
    Last edited by lift; 01-07-16 at 03:07 PM.
    01-07-16 02:15 PM
    Finally, some one else who agrees with the great utility of the "join now" button.

Probably most on CB haven't had to live without it, or don't do many CCs, but this was my most missed feature when I was kicked off my Bold and into the world of "proper" smartphones. It is great to have it back again.

Jonneh likes this.
    01-07-16 02:27 PM
    Their are plenty of honest non tec reviews, and some are not flattering. People paid to hawk are the reason Amazon is taking this type to court. I look for real reviews not paid ones. Most people see right through them. But it should not surprise as it reflects can company management perfectly..

Woof!
    01-07-16 07:39 PM
    I would rather read the review of an average user over many of the "pro" reviews.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    Arabianhorse and devin266 like this.
    01-07-16 08:13 PM
    Their are plenty of honest non tec reviews, and some are not flattering. People paid to hawk are the reason Amazon is taking this type to court. I look for real reviews not paid ones. Most people see right through them. But it should not surprise as it reflects can company management perfectly..

Woof!
    I don't think this was a paid review, aside from the phone being provided. At least this was obviously disclosed. I think a paid review is when they actually pay for the review in addition to providing the hardware. I think if this person didn't like the phone, she would have just not written anything. She wouldn't want to kill her cred among her followers. Then again, maybe I'm just a gullible rube...

01-07-16 10:51 PM
    I don't think this was a paid review, aside from the phone being provided. At least this was obviously disclosed. I think a paid review is when they actually pay for the review in addition to providing the hardware. I think if this person didn't like the phone, she would have just not written anything. She wouldn't want to kill her cred among her followers. Then again, maybe I'm just a gullible rube...

Well there's a difference between paid review and gift review. We've done this for the bloggers here. You don't have to pay them, you give them the item as a gift and in return... people will do just like what she's done.

You'll notice everything once you read about her disclaimer "Disclosure: I was provided with a PRIV to review.* However, all opinions are and always will remain my own." And that contradicts the first paragraph in the article of her "looking" for a better phone.

I'd agree it's something refreshing to read, but this is the time I can appreciate the genuineness of those technical reviews I've read before.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-07-16 11:13 PM
    Couldn't agree more.

If this is a completely independent review (even though the blogger probably writes to all the phone companies for freebies every month, like almost all reviewers do), then it is a great review for the Priv.

Alternatively, if this is part of BlackBerry's marketing strategy, then BlackBerry have delivered a positive result (for once!).
    01-08-16 01:16 AM
    She is not an average user, she is a pro who gets things to reviews. I always find it strange that these average users who receive items to review never have a bad word. This is why Amazon is putting an end to these average reviews.

Woof!
    lift likes this.
    01-08-16 07:12 AM
    I guess getting it free or begging to get one makes you an average user. This is the reason consumer reports buys everything they review. It's stops this kind of debate.

Woof!
    lift likes this.
    01-08-16 07:14 AM
    I guess getting it free or begging to get one makes you an average user. This is the reason consumer reports buys everything they review. It's stops this kind of debate.

Woof!
    As it turns out: in today's Inside BlackBerry blog post, BlackBerry partnered with AT&T to give popular blogger's free Priv's to sample in exchange for "honest feedback" within their respective blogs. Sarah admitted that she was given the device to review but knowing that BlackBerry was behind it kind of cheapens it for me. I have seen a few YouTuber's reviews of Privs that were sent to them via AT&T, which I had always assumed was in exchange for endorsement of the carrier. Now I wonder.... it taints the reviewers perspective. I agree with CRs method.
    01-25-16 12:58 PM
    Awesome read.

01-25-16 02:31 PM
    Thanks for posting this.

01-25-16 02:32 PM
    Sometimes it's refreshing to read a review by an everyday busy average person with common needs, and not an ultra-techie synopsis on specs most daily users would never comprehend.
    very true, i am one of those.
    01-25-16 03:18 PM
    A average review by an average user/writer, too many people on here want to know all the specs, the inside leg measurement of the designer etc etc, however there are many people who just want to know if the damn phone works, we criticize many for being followers of Iphones and that they will buy them blindly because its the thing to have, yet when someone does a review for an average Joe we criticize this as well, I used to think that you cannot please all of the people all of the time, now I am coming to understand you just cannot please most people any time
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-26-16 01:43 AM
    Get back on topic of which is the Priv thanks
    lift likes this.
    01-27-16 12:05 AM