FFS everyone. As someone who's owned many Android devices, your crappy battery life on your new phone is completely normal. That's Android for you. It takes a while for everything to settle. Give it 3 days and if your battery still sucks, THEN come here and ask for help. Oh and the same thing applies for the phone getting hot - same reason.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 01:00 PM
    Ok Dad
    11-07-15 01:39 PM
    And just like dad....he's right.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Priv
    Adam Frix likes this.
    11-07-15 01:40 PM
    Totally agree........ its with ANY new phone you get
    11-07-15 01:42 PM
    Nonsense. It doesn't take a phone 3 days to sync one exchange account.
    11-07-15 01:43 PM
    shhh wanna get grounded??

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    DaDaDogg and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    11-07-15 01:44 PM
    shhh wanna get grounded??

Oh sorry, don't tell on me.
    11-07-15 01:45 PM
    Not just that - other OS elements have to settle in, the battery might be weird the first few charges, etc. All I'm saying is don't panic for at least 3 days. And that's from direct experience.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Frix likes this.
    11-07-15 01:59 PM
    Not just that - other OS elements have to settle in, the battery might be weird the first few charges, etc. All I'm saying is don't panic for at least 3 days. And that's from direct experience.

Posted via CB10
    How is battery life after the first 3 days?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 02:18 PM
    My Q10 had awful battery life when I first got it. Not only was it settling in, I also couldn't put it down!

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    11-07-15 02:20 PM
    It might not take 3 days, but it also doesn't take less than 24 hours.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    11-07-15 02:21 PM
    Who comes up with this bloody rule that we must wait x amount of period before the phone settles down and the battery usage will normalize? Was there any scientific study done on this subject?

11-07-15 03:39 PM
    I always download updates from manufacturers on my android devices, factory reset then setup
    11-07-15 03:43 PM
    Side note on the exchange account. I've heard a couple reviewers say the Priv gets really hot. Interestingly enough, VentureBeat's reviewer said his got hot until he remove his email accounts and then re-added them and it solved the problem. I wonder if this would work for others. Could be some kind of a bug that is keeping exchange in a constant sync state and eating up battery and producing heat.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    11-07-15 03:45 PM
    Who comes up with this bloody rule that we must wait x amount of period before the phone settles down and the battery usage will normalize? Was there any scientific study done on this subject?

Why would anyone waste money doing a scientific study on something so stupid?!?!?! Why not just take the fact that there is a heap of anecdotal evidence, and people who've owned several different kinds of smartphones telling you that this is how it works...

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 03:46 PM
    Stop posting facts to tell the truth
    11-07-15 03:50 PM
    How is battery life after the first 3 days?

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a Priv (yet) so I don't know but from my experience with Android, it will be *normal*, whatever normal means for that particular phone. Given the size of the Priv battery I expect it'll be pretty good.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 04:01 PM
    Did you try set it up manually or auto? I once had issues setting up an Exchange Account on my Xperia X10, I remember Googling how to do it on an Android and from there on I was sorted, found instructions on some random Microsoft forum, will see if I can find it...
    11-07-15 04:10 PM
    Just check sync on on all email accounts. Turn them off or sync less often if not a push email account

posted from my Priv!
    11-07-15 04:29 PM

For whatever reason it started with BB10. When the Z10's awful battery problems began people started with the "let it settle in" never to see any improvement. It then carried over to all BB10 devices. No I guess since an Android phone says BB on it the same holds true.
    11-07-15 04:37 PM
    FFS everyone. As someone who's owned many Android devices, your crappy battery life on your new phone is completely normal. That's Android for you. It takes a while for everything to settle. Give it 3 days and if your battery still sucks, THEN come here and ask for help. Oh and the same thing applies for the phone getting hot - same reason.
    What exactly is "settling"... are the electrons all jagged and blocky and so when they hit each other they cause heat due to friction, until they're eroded into nice smooth ballz?

Or is it like cereal and how when it is transported the "contents may settle" so the customer thinks the box is half empty and get upset?

I'm just teasing...

I posted this before I saw your comment, but here's my theory and procedure for this whole "settling" phenomenon (and like checking a quantum particle's state, trying to debug these types of problems can influence the tests and cause the tests to pass):

When you start up a device, a lot of the software on the device is going to try to self-configure: create or decompress data, create data storage containers like folders on the file system or data bases, attempt to contact the device vendor via the Internet to check for updates, etc.

Some of these processes will fail, for whatever reason. From something as nasty as a race condition to a simple bug in the software. If it fails, it may actually go into a "tizzy" (technical term) and start waiting as fast as it can using a whole lot of CPU ergo battery getting nowhere.

So, when you shut down the device and restart it, or restart an app, it may finally get further along this set up and configuration process... or the other thing it was waiting for has had time to finish.

Reboot your device a whole bunch of times: Reboot, add accounts, use your favourite apps a bit, then reboot. Do this repeatedly and you'll be metaphorically shaking that cereal box until it's all nicely settled.

Don't expect it to settle just sitting there, or just using it. Reboot repeatedly.
    11-07-15 05:47 PM
    What exactly is "settling"... are the electrons all jagged and blocky and so when they hit each other they cause heat due to friction, until they're eroded into nice smooth ballz?

Or is it like cereal and how when it is transported the "contents may settle" so the customer thinks the box is half empty and get upset?

I'm just teasing...
    Honestly, I claim no technical expertise. I just know from having owned 4 android phones that about 2 or 3 days is the normal amount of time for the battery to start behaving normally. I have no technical explanation as to why, but suffice it to say that's what my experience has taught me, and I just want people not to worry if their new phones have crappy battery at the outset.

Like I said, if the problem persists more than 3 days then by all means come post it here and more knowledgeable users will do their best to help! But enough with these "I've been using my phone for 2 hours and the battery is awful and it's getting hot" threads.
    11-07-15 06:31 PM