I will be honest. I keep going through lots phones to move to due to Priv's heating issues. But I cannot make myself do so. The phone is exquisite and one of a kind. The build quality is sensational. I wish BlackBerry would make a Priv 2 with the latest chipset and an extra gigabyte of RAM. Damn!

Dream On!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    mad_mdx likes this.
    03-20-17 12:20 PM
    It's been a week today with my new Priv. A few observations:

1) BB10 is better.
    2) Priv is a very nice device.
    3) Passport is the Rolls-Royce of smart phones.
    4) The issues people are complaining about frequently... hot phone, slow phone, freezing up, garbage build...I have not seen.
    5) At $289.99 Priv is a steal. Very nice Android phone.
    6) Priv 's virtual keyboard is great. I use the virtual 99% of the time. The physical I use as a track pad for scrolling on occasion.
    7) I won't return to BB10...there's no point in doing that unless some miraculous resurrection happens which I sincerely doubt.
    newcollector and FF22 like this.
    03-24-17 06:17 AM
    I will be honest. I keep going through lots phones to move to due to Priv's heating issues. But I cannot make myself do so. The phone is exquisite and one of a kind. The build quality is sensational. I wish BlackBerry would make a Priv 2 with the latest chipset and an extra gigabyte of RAM. Damn!

Dream On!

I'm really tempted to jump into the KeyOne as well since the pkb appears to be superior or at least better than that of the Priv. But if TCL builds a Priv 2, that'll be a no brainer for me. For this reason, I'll probably wait till next year before getting the KeyOne if Priv does not get a successor.
    03-24-17 08:53 AM
    I'm really tempted to jump into the KeyOne as well since the pkb appears to be superior or at least better than that of the Priv. But if TCL builds a Priv 2, that'll be a no brainer for me. For this reason, I'll probably wait till next year before getting the KeyOne if Priv does not get a successor.
    Interesting. I did not even consider that TCL would possibly build a Priv2. We can always hope.
    03-24-17 10:59 AM
    It's been a week today with my new Priv. A few observations:

1) BB10 is better.
    2) Priv is a very nice device.
    3) Passport is the Rolls-Royce of smart phones.
    4) The issues people are complaining about frequently... hot phone, slow phone, freezing up, garbage build...I have not seen.
    5) At $289.99 Priv is a steal. Very nice Android phone.
    6) Priv 's virtual keyboard is great. I use the virtual 99% of the time. The physical I use as a track pad for scrolling on occasion.
    7) I won't return to BB10...there's no point in doing that unless some miraculous resurrection happens which I sincerely doubt.
    Agree on every point! The BlackBerry 10 teams created something really amazing and hopefully with time it can also happen on android.
    03-24-17 11:08 AM
    I finally mustered the courage to format my Priv. And today was the first day post the same.

The performance has been brilliant. Simply brilliant. Anyone facing heat issues, I suggest you take the step of formatting the phone. It might work out for you.

FF22 likes this.
    03-24-17 11:09 AM
    I finally mustered the courage to format my Priv. And today was the first day post the same.

The performance has been brilliant. Simply brilliant. Anyone facing heat issues, I suggest you take the step of formatting the phone. It might work out for you.

Glad you didn't let fear stand in the way of the fix. It is well worth it.
    03-24-17 11:32 AM
    Glad you didn't let fear stand in the way of the fix. It is well worth it.
    Haha!

Greatness lies beyond fear.

03-24-17 12:09 PM

Dream On!

This.

I had sliders ten years ago made by HTC running Windows Mobile. Even back then, the versatility of a hideaway pkb was already a win for me, especially during those days when handset displays were still absolutely tiny and useless resistive screens.

The Priv offers both productivity with a full screen unhindered by a vkb and with full media consumption capability with a large AMOLED screen. Only a Priv 2 will pry the Priv out of my hands now.
    03-26-17 05:25 AM
    This.

I had sliders ten years ago made by HTC running Windows Mobile. Even back then, the versatility of a hideaway pkb was already a win for me, especially during those days when handset displays were still absolutely tiny and useless resistive screens.

The Priv offers both productivity with a full screen unhindered by a vkb and with full media consumption capability with a large AMOLED screen. Only a Priv 2 will pry the Priv out of my hands now.
    I agree except I'd like to see the screen about z30 size. That one was just small enough I could comfortably use it one handed. It also fit my pocket much better. For me the z30 was maximum comfortable size. I realize others have a differing opinion on that but that one is mine. The priv is m first slider and I have to admit I do enjoy the versatility
    03-26-17 11:24 AM
    I apologize in advance if I am stealing this thread. I think my point is somewhat related....

For all of you guys that moved from BB10 to Android (I am one of them....) I think that you will soon find that though Hub for Android is good, it's not yet where it needs to be in terms of productivity.

I created this thread hoping that people will chime in, give their comments and help make it better by showing BB programers what we would like to see.

BB future is Android, let's make it happen:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12815830
    03-26-17 11:34 AM
36 12