So far, so good. I've put my Passport aside and am making this phone my daily driver. Wish me luck.
    newcollector, Matty and jakie55 like this.
    03-18-17 05:19 AM
    Enjoy! Comb through the threads. Lots of good information about moving from BB10 to Android.
    03-18-17 05:38 AM
    Good on you for making the choice to get the priv. I got mine in early January this year and I think it's an excellent device.

It's my first android so there was a lot to get across, and also a number of basic apps to get that Blackberry used to provide, like compass, and camera editor etc.

Anyway, there are a lot of threads re apps to help you get sorted, but ask as many questions as you like, we've all been there. 😀
    03-18-17 06:34 AM
    Where did you get it from? I've thought about the Priv but have been discouraged by all the talk about overheating. Have you experienced this?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 07:03 AM
    Where did you get it from? I've thought about the Priv but have been discouraged by all the talk about overheating. Have you experienced this?

Posted via CB10
    I bought a factory unlocked Priv from dailysteals.com for $289.99. When I was setting it up and downloading Marshmallow it got warm, but other than that, no. Honestly, it's been fine. Updated all the apps. Can't seem to find an app called Divine Office though. I downloaded iBreviary in its place.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-18-17 07:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm a heavy heavy user of my Priv and it only heats up REALLY HOT when I'm playing Clash of Clans..but something strange goes on in my car, it heats up for no reason in there.. Mystery.
    03-18-17 08:47 AM
    Also when it heats up due to clash the battery will drain like 1% per minute basically
    03-18-17 08:48 AM
    I just got one myself. This will be the 4th day for me. So far the battery has gotten better and better. As a former passport and bb10 user, I felt that the switch to android was inevitable.

So far for me, everything negative I have heard about the Priv is really not what I am seeing.

Overheating and battery drain: No
    Speaker not loud enough: Pretty loud and clear to me.

Keyboard not very good because it is cramped and flat: kind of felt that way at first, but like anything you try new you will have to adjust. So far it is feeling like I never left.

Creek back: a little bit but blown way out of proportion in my opinion. I hardly notice it unless I have my hand in my pocket with my phone. I even press on it on purpose as a habit lol (maybe a bad habit but so what sue me)
    03-18-17 11:01 AM
    I agree. I am just not seeing all the negative things that have been posted so often. Still new to it though.
    03-18-17 11:47 AM
    In my experience...a fresh set of software has done wonders. Every issue that was, is no longer on my Priv. Snappy, No Heat, battery life gets 5+ Screen on Time. I think if the current software went into the phone from day one, it would have been a hit. Those of us that have been through the thick and thin, we should consider us an experimental group.
    03-18-17 11:54 AM
    I agree. I am just not seeing all the negative things that have been posted so often. Still new to it though.
    I also can't work out re all the negative hoo haa, and wonder about all the haters.

I can understand that the device has gone through, and continues to go through, lots of OS upgrades and that's great, imo. I've been with BlackBerry since OS5, so hangin' out for new upgrades and BlackBerry apps and features has always been part of the story.

I love the slider form factor and the wonderful size of the screen. And I don't find the device heavy, in fact I find it lighter than my classic.
    03-18-17 12:25 PM
    I too, love my Priv. It was a tough decision to leave BB10, but I think the handwriting is on the wall about its future, so I switched. Glad I stayed with BlackBerry because the Suite of apps makes it feel more like BlackDroid than full on Android. Almost went with a OnePlus, but glad I didn't.

Been on the Priv for a year. I did have a lot a creek from the back, but a cover fixes that. Since the upgrade to Marshmallow, I don't have Heating issues. And the battery lasts as long as my Passport. I am a very heavy user.

I had help from a developer and former BlackBerry maven who kept me on track when it came to navigating the OS. A little adjustment, but kind of reminds me of the old BlackBerry OS I had on my Torch phones.

I do wish BlackBerry would find a way to Pin the wallpaper in place so it stays centered no matter if I swipe right or left. I jumped to Nova Launcher to get it. Plus the Premier version gives you a passel of gestures you can customize for actions or apps.

Enjoy your Priv. You have made a great choice in devices.
    03-18-17 01:28 PM
    I do wish BlackBerry would find a way to Pin the wallpaper in place so it stays centered no matter if I swipe right or left. I jumped to Nova Launcher to get it. Plus the Premier version gives you a passel of gestures you can customize for actions or apps.
    I like the rolling/scrolling wallpaper but I have a scenic image so I like the panorama effect.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-18-17 04:23 PM
    In my experience...a fresh set of software has done wonders. Every issue that was, is no longer on my Priv. Snappy, No Heat, battery life gets 5+ Screen on Time. I think if the current software went into the phone from day one, it would have been a hit. Those of us that have been through the thick and thin, we should consider us an experimental group.
    This has to be the case. Because what I'm experiencing on this device is amazing. And I like BB10 a lot.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-18-17 05:40 PM
    I just got one myself. This will be the 4th day for me. So far the battery has gotten better and better. As a former passport and bb10 user, I felt that the switch to android was inevitable.

So far for me, everything negative I have heard about the Priv is really not what I am seeing.

Overheating and battery drain: No
    Speaker not loud enough: Pretty loud and clear to me.

Keyboard not very good because it is cramped and flat: kind of felt that way at first, but like anything you try new you will have to adjust. So far it is feeling like I never left.

Creek back: a little bit but blown way out of proportion in my opinion. I hardly notice it unless I have my hand in my pocket with my phone. I even press on it on purpose as a habit lol (maybe a bad habit but so what sue me)
    The vast majority of Priv users have no issues. Unfortunately, the minority that do have problems are the most vocal. I am another of the majority who doesn't have any major problems.
    03-18-17 06:30 PM
    I migrated from my OG passport to a Nexus 6P, for the apps, and I really liked the 6P. Don't think there wern't teething periods there as well. The 6P on the new Marshmallow would not stay bluetooth connected with my smart watch... (Doze interfered) I traded straight across for my Priv last May, and I am very happy with my BB droid slider! I really am waffling about keeping it or moving to the KEYone. I like BOTH devices.
    03-18-17 08:48 PM
    So far, so good. I've put my Passport aside and am making this phone my daily driver. Wish me luck.
    Was shooting some video at the beach today and iPhone users kept saying 'wow, it looks so clear' Really nice quality. So the Priv is definitely no slouch when it comes to the camera department. Blackberry definitely made some effort to make it good. Hope you enjoy your new PRIV!

Don't forget to update it to Marshmallow ASAP.
    03-19-17 12:23 PM
    Was shooting some video at the beach today and iPhone users kept saying 'wow, it looks so clear' Really nice quality. So the Priv is definitely no slouch when it comes to the camera department. Blackberry definitely made some effort to make it good. Hope you enjoy your new PRIV!

Don't forget to update it to Marshmallow ASAP.
    I'm on AAJ919 on AT&T with an unlocked Priv. Thanks for the advice. It's working good.
    03-19-17 03:56 PM
    Hi Guys,

Finally moved from Z30 to Priv 100--4

It took a bit of setting up and help from forums, so far very happy

Cheers
    03-19-17 04:48 PM
    Hi Guys,

Finally moved from Z30 to Priv 100--4

It took a bit of setting up and help from forums, so far very happy

Cheers
    Welcome to the Priv side. That's the move I made just about a year ago Z30-Priv.
    03-19-17 08:31 PM
    Welcome to team BlackDroid!
    newcollector likes this.
    03-19-17 08:33 PM

Put a case on it and even that goes away. I got an incipio case from Verizon and it adds very little bulk. The slider works good and it's protected. The seidio surface works too but adds more bulk. I like the incipio the best
    newcollector likes this.
    03-19-17 08:39 PM
    The vast majority of Priv users have no issues. Unfortunately, the minority that do have problems are the most vocal. I am another of the majority who doesn't have any major problems.
    Same here but we both got ours from Verizon after they'd been out awhile. I wonder how much influence that had
    03-19-17 08:41 PM
    Same here but we both got ours from Verizon after they'd been out awhile. I wonder how much influence that had
    Or, perhaps Verizon is a little more particular about what they put on their network. Probably not, but it sounds good.
    03-19-17 09:16 PM
    Put a case on it and even that goes away. I got an incipio case from Verizon and it adds very little bulk. The slider works good and it's protected. The seidio surface works too but adds more bulk. I like the incipio the best
    I like the Incipio as well.
    03-19-17 09:35 PM
36 12