Hello everyone,
    I have a new priv since 2 weeks and somehow my priv is bent in the upper part.
    At first I tought it it was the case but when I use the original BlackBerry hardshell case it is still bent..
    Is this normal? It is only 2 weeks old.

Sholkd I send it back to get a replacement? Will they even replace it or do I have to live with it??
    02-11-17 10:59 AM
    Hello everyone,
    At first I tought it it was the case but when I use the original BlackBerry hardshell case it is still bent..

Sholkd I send it back to get a replacement? Will they even replace it or do I have to live with it??
    I would try to get it replaced, though they may not since it's been two weeks.
    02-11-17 11:27 AM
    Hello everyone,

Can you post a picture? Did you have it stressed in a pocket? Did it fall? It should not spontaneously bend or twist. This is when the keyboard is extended and the screen is raised?
    02-11-17 11:51 AM
    Hello everyone,

Sounds like a warranty issue to me. Just don't tell them you put it in a case or you're screwed. I'll tell you one thing, with the PRIV you have to be extremely careful with that BlackBerry hardshell or any case that covers the top with a frame. Particularly when you take that frame off again.
    02-11-17 12:04 PM
    Hello everyone,

Let's see a pic, how bad is it?
    02-11-17 12:17 PM
    Welle I cant take a pic because you can barely see the small bent.. You can only recognize it, when you put it on a table and it is not completley even (the covers make the backside even)
    The funny thing is, my girlfriends priv is not bent and has used the same covers and is two weeks ild too.

I had this phone in my pocket for a week with a cover and my pants werent tight, so I dont think it has something to do with my pants
    02-11-17 04:36 PM
    I'll tell you one thing, with the PRIV you have to be extremely careful with that BlackBerry hardshell or any case that covers the top with a frame. Particularly when you take that frame off again.
    Really??? I've had a BlackBerry Hard Case on my Priv since launch and I've taken it off countless times to clean my Priv and I've not experienced any issues... 🤔

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 02-11-17 at 06:47 PM.
    02-11-17 05:43 PM
    Really??? I've had a BlackBerry Hard Case on my Priv since launch and I've taken it off countless times to clean my Priv and I've not experienced any issues... 🤔

Bob
    Ya I've never heard of this issue ever.
    02-11-17 11:20 PM
    you say "bend", but is this more of a warp, or twist? like from top left to bottom right corner?

this was very pronounced on my first PRIV, and the rocking or "wobble" you could make when laying it onto a table was very disheartening. i first noticed it several months into ownership. my replacement PRIV, that i have had for about two months already has this, but very light. even on that one i first noticed after the second week, but only the slightest bit.

i think it is a build quality issue, for a large screen device so thin and even thinner than most phones when you consider the slide effectively makes it "half as thin". being an early build model my first PRIV ran several of the "not great" OS versions that had heating issues, so i think it was stressed even more. however, until the slide is unable to open and close as designed, BECAUSE of the warping, and unless you can prove it was almost only caused by overheating issues i am not sure it would warrant replacement. since this is not something many users have reported, it is not exactly a "known issue", so may be even harder to argue.
    02-12-17 10:32 AM

Bob
    I'm sure you have noticed the frame actually pulls on the screen slightly when you pull it off? There is no way around it. The frame and hardshell also 'sandwhich' the screen between them creating a slight prying force. It's the nature of the beast. Good that it wasn't an issue for you. But there are lots of folks complaining about 'clicky' loose screens. It doesn't take much to throw it out of alignment, it is a fairly delicate mechanism.
    02-12-17 12:07 PM
    I'm sure you have noticed the frame actually pulls on the screen slightly when you pull it off? There is no way around it. The frame and hardshell also 'sandwhich' the screen between them creating a slight prying force. It's the nature of the beast. Good that it wasn't an issue for you. But there are lots of folks complaining about 'clicky' loose screens. It doesn't take much to throw it out of alignment, it is a fairly delicate mechanism.
    I haven't experienced this with my Priv and the BlackBerry Hard Case and I don't have a "clicky" screen either. I've read on CB some have experienced this issue but I'm not. Considering my Priv has taken some pretty serious hits when it has launched from my hands I feel fortunate. I'm glad I had it well protected in the BlackBerry Hard Case too as I'm sure my Priv wouldn't have survived.

Bob
    02-12-17 12:47 PM
    I haven't experienced this with my Priv and the BlackBerry Hard Case and I don't have a "clicky" screen either. I've read on CB some have experienced this issue but I'm not. Considering my Priv has taken some pretty serious hits when it has launched from my hands I feel fortunate. I'm glad I had it well protected in the BlackBerry Hard Case too as I'm sure my Priv wouldn't have survived.

Bob
    I have owned a few PRIVs and I even had one that was 'clicky' right out of the box, brand new...and others that became gradually more 'loose' over time. The one I have now is great, it was perfect out of the box and stayed that way so far (knock on wood, lol).
    02-12-17 01:31 PM
    Pix pix please, we're so excited about them. How evil of him, teased us and all then ran away without showing us the pix.

Did I hear before about how the Priv was the complete child of BlackBerry, born to be flawless and perfect? Yes I did hear that. He knows himself.
    02-13-17 06:44 AM
    you say "bend", but is this more of a warp, or twist? like from top left to bottom right corner?

this was very pronounced on my first PRIV, and the rocking or "wobble" you could make when laying it onto a table was very disheartening. i first noticed it several months into ownership. my replacement PRIV, that i have had for about two months already has this, but very light. even on that one i first noticed after the second week, but only the slightest bit.

i think it is a build quality issue, for a large screen device so thin and even thinner than most phones when you consider the slide effectively makes it "half as thin". being an early build model my first PRIV ran several of the "not great" OS versions that had heating issues, so i think it was stressed even more. however, until the slide is unable to open and close as designed, BECAUSE of the warping, and unless you can prove it was almost only caused by overheating issues i am not sure it would warrant replacement. since this is not something many users have reported, it is not exactly a "known issue", so may be even harder to argue.
    I have exactly that issue. So it not a fault but a quallity issue? At the moment I have no issues with the slider mechanic...

I think I have to live with this issue..
    (What makes me angrier: my girlfriends Priv isnt warped etc....)
    02-13-17 03:53 PM
    I had one Priv that was warped so that everytime you'd open the slider out it'd rub the keys making a distinct rubbing sound.

#whatisclassic
    02-13-17 04:19 PM
    mine has never been in a case and goes into my back jeans pocket and is often back there while i am sitting. once i saw the twist on my first device i figured i contributed plenty to the condition, but my second has this twist too, very early even if much more minor.

you've only had yours for a couple of weeks, so maybe you should look to exchange it; you may still be able to do it where you purchased. since you have been using a case, if you bought it at the same time that should only help.
    02-14-17 05:38 AM