06-12-16 04:40 PM
34 12
tools
    -------------------
    Contacts by BlackBerry

The Contacts app is designed to store all your contact info in one location for convenient management. You can interact with your contacts using a variety of methods such as phone calls, text and email messages, or calendar events directly from the Contacts app. You can also create and manage contact groups.

Key Features:
    Intuitive user experience
    Unified contacts: Work and personal contacts in one convenient location
    Remote search: Perform Global Address List searches directly from your device
    Recent contacts management: Allow or block recent contacts
    Contact groups: Create groups and easily start group conversations
    Smart filters: Quickly identify and locate your contacts
    Per-account filtering: View contacts associated with specific accounts
    Quick access to favourite and frequently used contacts
    Multi-select contacts
    Support for: CardDav accounts and Gravatars
    What's New
    Multi-select ability to the contact list
    Attach vCard to email
    Add Join capability when multi-selecting contacts
    Gravatar support for contact images
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...berry.contacts
    NEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-unnamed.jpgNEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-2.jpgNEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-3.jpg
    ----------------------
    BlackBerry Device Search

BlackBerry Device Search makes finding information on your device quick and simple. Easily find what you need by searching your Contacts, Calendar, BlackBerry Hub email, documents, media files and more. The BlackBerry Device Search app also offers a remote search option if the info you are looking for isnt found on your device. To make your searches even more meaningful, you can select and filter the categories that you want to look in before you begin your search. You can also use Instant Actions such as, Call Mike, Map home or Email Mary to quickly perform tasks, saving you time and effort.
    What's New
    Search BBM chats
    Search the BlackBerry Hub for Twitter notifications and messages
    NEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-2.jpgNEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-unnamed.jpg
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...niversalsearch
    -------------------------------
    Notes by BlackBerry

The Notes app is optimised for Android and is designed to increase your productivity. Your notes are conveniently synchronised with the Microsoft Exchange Server using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.

Key Features:
    Simplified experience: Intuitive user experience
    Find anything: Searchable text in notes
    Work Anywhere: Notes are synchronised by Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync 14.1 or later
    Automatic set-up for popular email services including: Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange
    What's New
    Usability fixes for Notes
    Use inline editor "pop-up" for quick entry for Notes
    Create a note directly from search
    Performance and stability improvements
    NEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-2.jpgNEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-3.jpgNEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-unnamed.jpg
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackberry.notes
    ---------------
    BlackBerry Calendar
    Experience the best out-of-box calendar experience on Android. With the BlackBerry Calendar, you can view and respond to your meeting invitations directly from the BlackBerry Hub. When you create or change events, you can avoid double bookings by viewing when youre busy. Using the Join Now feature, you can instantly dial into your meetings directly from your event reminder. And with Google Now voice commands, booking meetings has never been easier.

Key Features:
    Create, respond to and cancel meeting invitations for public calendars when you integrate with BlackBerry Hub
    See conflicts and adjacent events when you create or respond to an invitation
    Sync subscribed and CalDav calendars with BlackBerry accounts
    Forward your meeting invitations to additional participants from the BlackBerry Hub
    Join conference calls directly from event reminders using Join Now
    Search for events by subject, location, participants and notes
    Scan through your future events with Inline Month View
    NEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-2.jpgNEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-3.jpgNEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-unnamed.jpg
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...berry.calendar
    -------------
    Tasks by BlackBerry
    The Tasks app is optimised for Android OS and designed to increase your productivity. Your tasks are conveniently synchronised with the Microsoft Exchange Server using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.

Key Features:
    Simplified experience: Intuitive user experience
    Quick tasks: Quickly create tasks, set due dates and reminders from your task list
    Stay informed: Receive notifications for upcoming tasks
    Work Anywhere: Tasks are synchronised by Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync 12.x or later
    Automatic set-up for popular email services including: Windows Live Hotmail, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
    Tasks Sync: Effortlessly sync recurring tasks, due dates and reminders
    NEW PRIV APPS  - Tasks / Calendar /  Notes / BlackBerry Device Search / Contacts-2.jpg
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackberry.tasks
    10-28-15 08:38 PM
    10-28-15 08:48 PM
    Lets start the fun
    10-28-15 08:51 PM
    What does remote search option do?
    10-28-15 09:24 PM
    Is the "Wedding Speech" an apology for BB10? haha
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    10-28-15 09:31 PM
    Notes syncing with Exchange is unfortunate since MS doesn't really support Notes in Outlook anymore.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-28-15 10:00 PM
    FINALLY!!!!
    Notes and Tasks synchronization with exchange!!!

So glad I ordered this - I'm going to have to take a day off from work when this gets to my door...

Posted via CB10
    3junior and tigrute like this.
    10-28-15 10:04 PM
    Kinda wish they could integrate the notes app with services like onenote and evermore. They could call it the Notes Hub.

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    10-28-15 10:23 PM
    Notes requiring Exchange v14 is a *****; that's unfortunate, as is the omission of Evernote. Most third-party Exchange server options are somewhere on 12 in terms of support.

Tasks, however, is exactly the same as we have on BB10. That we can sync off CalDav and CardDav is good; those are open standards. I don't know if they'll link with Exchange or not, but if not that's ok as most cloud providers give you the option of using either.
    10-28-15 10:28 PM
    Does the contact app aggregate contacts also from social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin? I presently use that function on my Passport a LOT!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:39 PM
    So Happy to see Tasks in there! Was worried because whenever I have used Android.. Lack of syncing Google Tasks bothered me.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:51 PM
    Notes syncing with Exchange is unfortunate since MS doesn't really support Notes in Outlook anymore.
    Office 2016 has One Note integrated in Outlook. Only reason the notes were removed from Outlook, is that MS is pushing One Note so hard.

As for Evernote, and all the others ; why not just ignore the BlackBerry app, and install the Evernote app?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:57 PM
    I hope it has vcf support. And the calendar file extension support. Forgot what it was.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 12:03 AM
    I wonder why these apps are superior than what we ever had on bb10...

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 12:06 AM
    I wonder if the contacts app will finally support Outlook categories, and properly sync them over EAS.

That was pretty much the last of my remaining big wishes for BB10, and it never came. It would be quite ironic if it finally supported categories in the form of an android app.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if it still doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 12:29 AM
    I don't get something...

Does the phone come installed with calendar and contacts apps, and then you'll install the BlackBerry version overtop/alongside? Or are the BlackBerry apps that are on Google play, already pre installed on the phone? If the latter, why would they need to be on Google play if they come on the phone? Is it possible to uninstall key apps like those?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 01:09 AM
    I don't get something...

Does the phone come installed with calendar and contacts apps, and then you'll install the BlackBerry version overtop/alongside? Or are the BlackBerry apps that are on Google play, already pre installed on the phone? If the latter, why would they need to be on Google play if they come on the phone? Is it possible to uninstall key apps like those?

Posted via CB10
    the same reason they were in BBW, so bb can push updates whenever they wish to
    10-29-15 01:21 AM
    Those apps look good
    10-29-15 02:49 AM
    I don't get something...

Posted via CB10
    Off the top of my head - Calendar and contacts aren't required by Google. As for why are they on Google play - it's to allow easy updating. As soon as you turn on the device, it will check play for a newer version. All the OEMs do it.
    10-29-15 02:56 AM
    Nice, looking great.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 03:04 AM
    Off the top of my head - Calendar and contacts aren't required by Google. As for why are they on Google play - it's to allow easy updating. As soon as you turn on the device, it will check play for a newer version. All the OEMs do it.
    nice ,its a better way of updating
    10-29-15 03:28 AM
    Office 2016 has One Note integrated in Outlook. Only reason the notes were removed from Outlook, is that MS is pushing One Note so hard.

As for Evernote, and all the others ; why not just ignore the BlackBerry app, and install the Evernote app?

Posted via CB10
    Regarding your first comment, I use OWA a lot, with no notes available. If OneNote syncs to Outlook in Version 16, does that mean that this BB app will sync with that??

Regarding your second, I will use the Evernote all, but seriously I don't think it's very good. Web interface is buggy. Would like to switch back to Exchange notes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-29-15 06:35 AM
    I don't get something...

Posted via CB10
    Yes all the aforementioned BlackBerry specific apks' will be pre-installed on the priv!

 вιaсĸвεггч Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    10-29-15 11:57 PM
    Hi, I have tried to create CalDAV and CardDAV accounts - and when I manually enter the server information, I am being prevented from entering an @ character.

(I have tried to trick it with a paste from a copy made where I could enter the @, but no joy.)

Our company users the FastMail service, and the server address for both of these servers is in the format of:

Server Address: caldav.messagingengine.com/dav/principals/user/username@domain.tld

It is unnecessary to prevent the @ character from being used within the server address field... is anyone aware of this being reported to Backberry already or a possible workaround?

Thanks!
    12-23-15 06:20 PM
    Hi, I have tried to create CalDAV and CardDAV accounts - and when I manually enter the server information, I am being prevented from entering an @ character.

(I have tried to trick it with a paste from a copy made where I could enter the @, but no joy.)

Our company users the FastMail service, and the server address for both of these servers is in the format of:

Server Address: caldav.messagingengine.com/dav/principals/user/username@domain.tld

It is unnecessary to prevent the @ character from being used within the server address field... is anyone aware of this being reported to Backberry already or a possible workaround?

Thanks!
    I had my problems with the blackberry caldav sync and owncloud, Couldnt get it working... But i have to add that im not using a priv and only flashed the bb apps on my oneplus x. So maybe something isnt working correctly.

My solution was davdroid. You can get a free version on fdroid but if you want to support thr developer get it on the playstore. Maybe this will work for you as well.
    12-23-15 07:33 PM
34 12