I got a priv in warranty after passport got zapped. Question
    Is there a phone only option?
    03-01-17 07:39 PM
    What do you mean "phone only option", like set the device to only make / recieve phone calls?
    03-01-17 07:55 PM
    On my passport in the notifications I had like vibrate, silent, phone calls only etc phone calls only would turn all notifications but phone calls
    03-01-17 08:23 PM
    If you mean notifications all off except phone calls then yes there is. Do not disturb mode. You can set it to only allow phone calls. Swipe down from the top and it will be in the quick menu settings.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-01-17 08:23 PM
    I'm in the same boat, OG Passport was run over last week, thought AT&T was sending a Passport for insurance and I was surprised with this Priv today. I need my Passport back ASAP!
    03-02-17 09:19 PM
    New problem. Why won't my text messages show as read after I read them?
    03-03-17 07:15 AM
    This is a known Google messager issue with the latest update of the app. Unrelated to the Priv specifically.

You can resolve it by following the steps in this thread.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...pdate-1100812/
    03-03-17 07:47 AM
    Why won't my text messages show as read after I read them?
    You can do as Carmeis, above, says or dump the stock messenger app, it was full of problems when the priv came out, finally was fixed, and is now broke again. It wasn't, and isn't a Priv problem, it's just a flakey app.
    Yaata and Textra get consistently really good reviews.
    I've been using Yaata for well over a year now with no issues.
    03-03-17 04:35 PM
    Thanks all. I hope this is the last one. In trying to fix the gext issue I deleted the shortcut icon to hub on main screen. How can I get it back now that I've installed the hub again?
    03-03-17 05:32 PM
    Thanks all. I hope this is the last one. In trying to fix the gext issue I deleted the shortcut icon to hub on main screen. How can I get it back now that I've installed the hub again?
    I've read that there's now a new version of the Google Messenger that fixes the issue.

Press the CEnter (6 dot) app drawer button and scroll till you see the HUB app. Press and hold on it and drag it back to a place on your home screen.
    03-03-17 06:42 PM
    On my passport in the notifications I had like vibrate, silent, phone calls only etc phone calls only would turn all notifications but phone calls
    I was looking for similar scenario when I first got my Priv. I couldn't find a vibrate only option. BB10 toggled through the options of normal, vibrate only, silent and DND by just tapping on the little bell icon in the quick notifications menu. In android it's a little... let's say... 'different'. FYI to get to 'vibrate only' you have to lower volume all the way down.
    bruce73 likes this.
    03-03-17 09:13 PM
    Keep in mind that Android isn't really an OS like previous blackberry's or Apple. It's a platform for apps, so your notification settings are spread over how ever many apps you have that use them. Each apps notifications must be set to the same rules, or not, depending on what that particular app's developer(s) decided to do.
    Android is clunky and disjointed, but it gets the job done, and it has a huge and vibrant ecosystem. Without that ecosystem, and the ease of development and deployment of apps, it prob wouldn't have survived.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-04-17 06:53 AM
    Update the Messenger app in google play. They fixed that issue.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-04-17 04:33 PM